Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Low Fat Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A veterinary-exclusive dry dog food for dogs with long- or short-term digestive sensitivities.
- Promotes digestive health and optimal stool quality with highly digestible proteins and prebiotics.
- Contains low fat content for dogs that have difficulties digesting or tolerating fat, while providing sufficient calories for their daily diet.
- Enriched with a blend of soluble and insoluble fibers for healthy GI transit.
- Helps manage GI health with omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Low Fat Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$110.16Chewy Price$104.65Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$117.98Chewy Price$112.08Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$94.99Chewy Price$90.24Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$114.99Chewy Price$109.24Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$107.99Chewy Price$102.59Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.7-oz, case of 24$136.56Chewy Price$129.73Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal High Fiber Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$89.99Chewy Price$85.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$76.99Chewy Price$73.14Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Wet Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$93.98Chewy Price$89.28Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 19.8-lb bag$120.99Chewy Price$114.94Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Wheat...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brown Rice, Corn...||Corn, Brewers Rice, Brown Rice...||Potato, Rabbit Meal, Coconut Oil...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Low Fat, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, High Fiber, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Rabbit, Meat|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Digestive Health||Digestive Health, High-Energy||Urinary Tract Health, Weight Management||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health|
Questions & Answers
35 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1829 Customer Reviews
Didn't like it anymore
The vet prescribed this dog food because my dog triglycerides were high so needed a low fat dog food. Ordered the small bag to see if she like the food. And she did. The bag was already almost empty so I ordered the big bag. I opened the big bag she ate some and the next day she didn't want to eat it anymore. Her stomach got upset and I was feeding chicken and rice for 2 days. Then I tried to feed her the food again. And she didn't want to get near it anymore. My other dogs didn't either. They would smell it and walk away Now I need to find another low fat prescription food.
Cured her digestion issues
My poor Collie was suffering for over a year with fussy eating and frequent diahrea and precription meds. My vet suggested expensive bloodwork and the results showed she had pancreatitus and suggested this food. The positive results were immediate. Firm stools and incredible increase in energy and no more prescribed pills to help her loose stooled and upset stomach. She gobbels it up ith a Tablespoon of chicken breast just cause I spoil her.
This stuff works....
I have been skeptical of prescription diets in the past - either the pet would refuse to eat them, or they did not seem to produce the intended result. All I can say is - I was wrong. This diet has completely reversed the acute necrotizing pancreatitis that our dog was going through! It is like he is a new dog! If your vet prescribes this, give it a try! Although it is expensive, it is LOTs cheaper than surgery, etc.!
Great for sensitive digestion
My 15 yr old wiener dog used to be able to eat ANYTHING and any dog food. Not any more. Tried many, organic, grain free, but no bueno. This dog food is the one for him and I'm so grateful for Chewy.com and it's speedy delivery and refund of food that didn't work for my boy.
This food has saved my dogs life. She spent a week at UC Davis vet hospital with Pancreatitis. I thought she was going to die. $12,000 + to make her well. Since she has been on this food no problem. No throwing up or Diarrhea.
A great lowfat dog food
My pups digestive system decided to begin rejecting her dry dog food. The vet recommended this food, easily digested and softens with hot water. She likes this food so much, I am transitioning my other pup onto this food.
Maxx had a scary episode of pancreatitis. A vet recommended this diet until his follow up appointment. I thought he would hate it since it's low fat, but he gobbled it up. It gives me great joy to see him loving this food. Thanks to Chewy for such quick service. The vet didn't have this food on hand. I was concerned it would take over 3 days to get the food, but I got it the next day! I thank you, and Maxx gives you a big paw thumbs up!!
Great prices, quick delivery!
We order our dog products from Chewy and are never disappointed! They always have the products we need and they are shipped so quickly! Great to deal with!
My dog loves this!
My pup was diagnosed with Pancreatitis and had very high liver numbers. I changed her diet completely, only giving her low fat dog food. She loves the taste, thank goodness!
Vet recommend food for my Greyhound
Changing to this food made a huge difference in how he feels. He went from not feeling well, not playing, not interacting at all, just laying on his bed to a playful dog full of energy again.