Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A veterinary-exclusive diet made with potato, rabbit, and hydrolyzed soy for dogs with food sensitivities.
- Complete and balanced diet that can be used for elimination diet trials and long-term nutrition.
- Provides limited ingredients that are rarely associated with food sensitivities in dogs.
- Promotes healthy skin and a shiny coat with EPA and DHA, omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil.
- Reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support healthy skin in dogs with skin sensitivity and irritation.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein PS Dry Dog Food, 24.2-lb bag$120.99Chewy Price$114.94Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$131.99Chewy Price$125.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 24.2-lb bag$131.99Chewy Price$125.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 24.2-lb bag$122.99Chewy Price$116.84Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Dry Dog Food, 30.8-lb bag$142.99Chewy Price$135.84Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$95.99Chewy Price$91.19Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$94.99Chewy Price$90.24Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$55.99Chewy Price$53.19Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$102.96Chewy Price$97.81Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Venison Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$56.99Chewy Price$54.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$68.99Chewy Price$65.54Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Potato, Rabbit Meal, Coconut Oil...||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Poultry By-Products Aggregate, Coconut Oil...||Corn, Brewers Rice, Brown Rice...||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...|
|Food Flavor||Rabbit, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health, Weight Management||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health, Weight Management|
Questions & Answers
28 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
516 Customer Reviews
This food works great, but Price increases
I’m very happy we found this food, because our dog had been on Royal Canaan since we got him from the breeder. But he seem to become sensitive to their chicken so we moved to this type of food and he does great on it. However with each order the price jumps! I realize that everything‘s going up, however these increases seem excessive.
Life changing for my dog
An absolute life-saver for my Malamute/Shih Tzu girl. After months of chronic loose stools with yellow mucus, severe gas, and a general lack of wanting to eat, she got an allergy test and was found to be allergic to literally every protein but rabbit. She has been on Royal Canin Selected Protein PR for just 8 days and already there is a dramatic improvement in her well-being. Her poop is now textbook perfect, no more noxious gas, and she absolutely loves the food. She licks her bowl clean at each feeding. So happy with the turnaround she has made.
My Chihuahua was recently diagnosed with environmental and food allergies. After expensive allergy testing this was one of the many dry dog foods on a list of things to try. Unfortunately most all of the recommended prescription dry food is made for LARGE dogs. This kibble size was way too large for my small dog, he took one bite and immediately dropped it on the floor then walked away. The same goes for my other three small dogs they all turned their noses up at it. This stuff is way too expensive $$$$$... to have to toss it out !!! To give me some comfort that it is at least being put to good use it is now being fed to the neighborhood raccoons. We love the convenience and service from Chewy we just do not like all of the products that we have received from them. This was a fail !! Prescription SMALL kibble for small dogs and more choices please !!!!
It is great to be able to utilize your resources to gain the products I can't get via my vet...Thank you for being there....Zan and ITZY
This food saved my dog. She was on their hydrolized protein diet and her paws swelled and she was bloated and had mucous in her stool. I switched to this and now her skin is better, swelling has reduced and her bowels are solid and she has more energy. Very grateful.
Pieces are too large
My little 10 pound dog had terrible issues trying to eat this . Pieces are too thick and chunky . If You have a small dog with a small jaws / mouth just be warned they might can’t eat or enjoy eating due to the size .
Good choice when other food was unavailable
My dog has been eating Royal Canin for almost as long as we'd had him. Unfortunately, due to food shortages, we've had to go from the PV (venison) to the PD (duck) to now the PR (rabbit). I'm grateful he is okay on the rabbit. I hope this also does not get discontinued.
Dog loves it
My old Beagle is allergic to chicken, so this is a great option and got her allergies under control.
Itching and Rubbing!
My dog loves this food. His scratching and rubbing has been significantly reduced just in the few short weeks we has had him on it! Love the fact that he doesn’t have to take that miserable medication!
New coloring added?
My white Westies have brown/orange stains around mouth and other business end after eating this last batch. I’ve scrubbed during bath and it won’t come out. Maybe some different food coloring was added. I will speaking to my vet about diet changes.