Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A veterinary-exclusive dry cat food made with hydrolyzed protein for adult cats with food sensitivities.
- Helps reduce skin and GI reactions that may be a result of sensitivities to common proteins found in pet foods.
- Helps minimize risk of reaction with proteins that are broken down to a size that’s less likely to be recognized by the immune system.
- Reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support healthy skin in cats with skin sensitivity and irritation.
- Helps support healthy digestion with an exclusive blend of fibers and prebiotics.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Dry Cat Food, 8-lb bag$61.99Chewy Price$58.89Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PD Loaf Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$88.56Chewy Price$84.13Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$88.56Chewy Price$84.13Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$75.99Chewy Price$72.19Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Fiber Response Dry Cat Food, 8.8-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$36.99Chewy Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$62.16Chewy Price$59.05Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Dry Cat Food, 17.6-lb bag$92.99Chewy Price$88.34Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Duck & Green Pea Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$75.99Chewy Price$72.19Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Cat Food, 2.9-oz, case of 24$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Corn...||Peas, Rabbit Meal, Pea Protein...||Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Corn...|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, Veterinary Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Rabbit, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health, Weight Management|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
731 Customer Reviews
Good for Fussy Tummy
Our cat was diagnosed with IBD about a year ago and hydrolized protein food was recommended. She has been doing fine on Ultamino, but it is often out of stock. Last time I couldn’t get Ultamino we tried Hill’s Z/D which was OK - she liked the flavor and her poops were a bit soft but returned to solid within a few days. But then she was vomiting water/saliva (a symptom of IBD flare-up) and we switched back to Ultamino as soon as it was back in stock. This time Ultamino is out of stock for a several weeks and we are using Royal Canin Hydrolized Protein kibble which she likes the taste so much that she picks out the new food when we give it to her mixed with the old food during the transition. Her poops were soft at first, resolved back to solid after about 4 days. She had one barfing episode (water/saliva) and has been fine since. We are very pleased with the new food and plan to keep going with this one. Smaller size kibbles are nice, too, I think she prefers this.
Hermes approves! He even runs to his bowl sometimes!
He likes it! He eats it and when his bowl is empty and I go to fill his bowl, he even excited comes and waits for me! He was used to eating a range of wet and dry food so it's a little sad he can only eat one food now. BUT at least I found a diet he likes! Hermes likely has IBD (or lymphoma) and was recommended a hydrolyzed protein diet or a novel protein diet. This is the 3rd diet I've tried him on after finding out about his condition. The first one I tried him on was Pro Plan HA. Hermes wasn't a fan and started eating less when I mixed it with his old food to transition him. This worried me because he's still not an adult cat so I gave up on that food. I then tried him on Royal Canin PR. He liked eating both the wet and dry foods but it made him very itchy and he seemed miserable so I ended up transitioning him to this one. It's still too early to tell if this diet is helping his IBD but there appear to have been some small improvements. Sometimes I leave a small amount of kibble in a secondary location for him as a "snack" and he gets extra excited about it. Hopefully it helps him.
Only hydrolized food he will eat!
The vet put our orange boy on a hydrolized-only diet for a very long while (some major health issues going on). We tried all the hydrolized foods—every single one of them—and this is the ONLY one he likes! And he actually LIKES it, even preferring it over the other cats' dry food. Wish they made a canned version, as well! This cat absolutely LOVES his wet food, but he will only kinda lick at the Hill's z/d canned and will not even attempt to eat the Blue Buffalo. If Royal Canin comes out with a hydrolized canned food, we will definitely try it!
Hydrolyzed Protein Cat Food
My cat developed persistent skin issues so my vet recommended this cat food. So far, so good! My cat likes the food. He's been on it for a little over a couple weeks and he has not vomited once, which is sort of a minor miracle. Hoping his skin issues clear up as well.
Toothless Cat Approved
I have a petite 7yr old tabby who is missing a majority of her teeth now, after needing many extractions over time. She can eat this kibble just fine! She is able to swallow them whole, and the triangular/pyramid shape allows her to pick them up easier. She was prescribed this food for a suspected intra-hepatic portosystemic shunt which caused her to not absorb as many nutrients from regular food, resulting in her weight loss till she was just under 7lbs. (Her usual weight was only 8.2lb) Since starting this food she went back up to 8lbs within a month and has been holding steady for nearly a year now! I have 2 other cats which don’t have any health problems and I feed this to all of them since it’s hard to manage separate diets and they’re all doing well and enjoy this food. No excessive weight gain from them or anything negative.
So far , so good !
Our Vet put our 4 YO persian/himmie who has vomited almost daily for his entire life on this food. He was previously on another RX diet but that didn't give the desired results - NO vomit. This one is working so far, no finding his stomach contents since 4/6/22! We're calling this one a win for everyone!!!
It's The Good Stuff
This was the only hydrolyzed cat food my guy would eat. It was like a magic potion for him and after a year of extreme diarrheal issues, he finally has normal stool! He won't eat the wet version of this, but loves the dry.
Worked wonders for my cats
My cats had been having intestinal troubles and my vet sent an RX for this food. All their issues have disappeared and my cats are feeling so much better! Love that I can have it delivered vs trying to track it down!
Doesn’t seem to satisfy her hunger
Tried this for my cat with food allergies, and she likes the food, but she is always starving hungry. We called Royal Canin to verify the amount she should have on a daily basis and she eats that, but is always asking for more. It does not make her feel satisfied at all. It may be more filling for other cats, but we need to change her food, again, to something that is more satisfying.
This cat food is the best
We have looked and tried so many different brands and have found that this best fits our cats needs. Cannot beat the price for it anywhere for the size we get through Chewy!