Safari Coarse Comb for Dogs
About This Item
- Your pet will enjoy painless grooming with this product's smooth rounded teeth. Thoroughly gets through the undercoat without irritating your pets skin.
- Features extra-long and rotating teeth that penetrate deep into the undercoat without pulling or tugging.
- Fantastic tool that will help control shedding, remove mats, and prevent tangles.
- To maintain a top-notch coat, comb and brush your pet frequently. Always be sure to comb your pet's entire coat before bathing.
- This 7 1/4" comb is perfect for medium/coarse coats.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- FURminator Finishing Comb For Dogs, Large$9.19Chewy Price$11.29List Price
- JW Pet Gripsoft Slicker Brush$4.84Chewy Price$8.99List Price
- Safari Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush for Dogs, Medium$16.99Chewy Price
- JW Pet Gripsoft Slicker Brush Soft Pin$5.99Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- ConairPROPET Dog Nail Clippers, Small$8.07Chewy Price$9.49List Price
- Safari Guillotine Nail Trimmer for Dogs$8.99Chewy Price
- ConairPROPET Soft Dog Slicker Brush, Medium$11.49Chewy Price
- JW Pet Gripsoft Dematting Rake$12.99Chewy Price
- Vet's Best Hot Spot Spray for Dogs, 16-oz bottle$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Vet's Best Waterless Dog Bath, 5-oz bottle$9.36Chewy Price$8.89Autoship Price
- NaturVet Septiderm-V Skin Care Lotion Dog & Cat Spray, 8-oz bottle$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
34 Customer Reviews
Must have for grooming
I love how well it combs through my poodle’s hair. I used it when I tried to clip her hair short and I really think it helped to keep it’ll the hair smooth and tangle free.
An invaluable grooming tool
I was happy to find that Chewy carried this dog comb (which we use on our cat). I have previously bought two of these from the groomer at our vet clinic, but both had gotten lost. We have a cat which has a very thick coat, but he is overweight and cannot/does not groom his back well, so gets terrible mats if we don't comb him regularly. We've tried other brushes which aren't as effective at removing the mats, but the Safari comb is perfect! Our other two cats with lighter coats and better grooming also seem to like being combed, and the comb removes a great amount of loose hair.
Safari Comb, 1 & 3/16” long teeth
The teeth on this Comb are too short for use on my two Old English Sheepdogs, with double coats and long fur. I need to return The Safari Comb to Chewy.
great, for a westie/schnauzer coat
This is a large comb- we use the end with the closely spaced teeth for his face and the end with the larger spaced teeth for his body- works great and he seems to think it feels good too
Our dog truely enjoys this ..she is a golden and the hair gets long .. the teeth are spaced nicely.
Nice, durable grooming tool ...
For basic, everyday use I like this comb a lot. The teeth are strong and resistant to bending; plus the polished, rounded finish allows the comb to glide through hair/fur without snagging. While the teeth don't rotate, the dog seems comfortable with most movement throughout his or her coat and against the skin. Minor matting is easily tackled per the wide-toothed half of the comb, and a smooth finish is achievable with the finer-toothed portion. Since the comb has a thin profile and noncomfort-grip design, some hands may feel quicker fatigued by longer grooming sessions. Also ... one of my dogs has a tendency to become spooked by anything unexpected, so the little hanging clasp at the end of this comb seemed to produce some sort of tickling sensation to her ... but I have no need to hang the comb, and the clasp can be removed, so anyone with similar challenges may wish to do similar as it's no longer an issue for us.
Bad comb sharp teeth
Comb teeth are sharp...horrible thing to sell as comb and not a weapon. Comb is also lighter and More flimsy than one would expect from steel comb.
Wish I had it 40 years ago
It works so great on all 3 of my dogs-a collie, a Newf and a Berner.
A dream for long-haired dogs.
I have another Safari comb that's great for raking through knots and matts, but since I brush my wooly husky daily, he doesn't need that one consistently. This comb is great for just day-to-day detangling and hair smoothing.
Combs really nice
I use it on my GSD she is a coat. It works nice. I also use it on my hair. Lol