Safari Nail Trimmer for Small Dogs
About This Item
- The Safari Nail trimmer for dogs is made to last and is extremely durable. Its sharp cutting edge will stay sharp and will stand the test of time.
- Uniquely designed to offer you a comfortable grip that will allow you maintain control when trimming your dog's nails and help prevent any painful accidents.
- Perfect use for small dogs and puppies. Great for both professional groomers and pet parents alike.
- Features a double-bladed guillotine style cutter and ensure a swift single cut. This makes nail trimming less like a chore.
- Great for left or right hand use.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Safari Guillotine Nail Trimmer for Dogs$8.99Chewy Price
- Safari Wire Pin Brush for Dogs, Small$10.49Chewy Price
- FURminator Nail Clippers For Dogs & Cats$8.47Chewy Price$11.29List Price
- Four Paws Magic Coat Professional Series Slicker Dog Brush, Medium$11.43Chewy Price$13.99List Price
- TropiClean Deodorizing Aloe & Coconut Dog & Cat Shampoo, 20-oz bottle$11.99Chewy Price$13.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- John Paul Pet Tea Tree Shampoo for Dogs, 16-oz bottle$6.01Chewy Price$15.95List Price$5.71Autoship Price
- Veterinary Formula Solutions Puppy Love Shampoo, 1-gal bottle$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Andis Pet Nail Grinder Replacement Pack$8.32Chewy Price$9.36List Price
- ConairPRO Dog Nail Clippers, Large$10.49Chewy Price
- TropiClean Spa Nourish Conditioner for Dogs & Cats, 1-gal bottle, bundle of 2$108.24Chewy Price$120.26List Price$102.83Autoship Price
- Richard's Organics Moisturizing Shampoo, 12-oz bottle$9.99Chewy Price$11.99List Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Andis UltraEdge Detachable Blade, #15, 3/64" - 1.2 mm$23.25Chewy Price$34.35List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic, Rubber||Stainless Steel, Metal|
|Grooming Tool Type||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
53 Customer Reviews
Not as strong as human fingernail clippers
I was hoping these would be great for tiny paws whereas the Zen trimmers are too big. Unfortunately they are not strong enough. The first toe was tough but it clipped the nail. The 2nd nail I tried, the blade got stuck in the nail and I abandoned the mission. Upon close inspection, my puppy’s nail left an indentation on the blade. My fingernail clippers are stronger than these. Perhaps these are better for cats and birds or little dogs with thin nails.
They work but are quite dull
These work ok but are quite dull and you end up trying a couple times (which puppies obviously do not enjoy!) and then it leaves a super rough edge that you definitely need to have a file on hand for.
This is the best
I have a puppy and all the nail clippers are to big in till I found this one.
These are not big enough for my 10lb chihuahua dogs nails, maybe for a tea cup, or a cat but not for small dogs
work very well, easy to hold, very sharp I like these because they're small enough for my small puppy not guillotine style
Even for a small dog these clippers are small. These would work for a puppy or kitten easily, but even a 7lb chihuahua they are too small for!
Great so far!
Neither of my dogs tolerate nail trimming very well (we're working on it!). I haven't been able to do an official trimming session, but, through determination and enough food bribery, I have clipped a few nails. These were sharp and cut cleanly and safely. Most clippers I've purchased are dull and painfully catch on the nail or don't clip it at all, which were thankfully not issues with this pair. Easy to handle and perfect for small breeds (I have a chihuahua and poochon, for which these were perfect).
I have a 13lb Dachshund and clipping his nails with larger clippers was very difficult. I tried out these smaller clippers and clipping his nails was much easier! His nails were much easier to clip due to the smaller blade size and the clippers were easy to hold. Definitely glad I bought them!
They don't work for Cavaliers
Because they are for small dogs I had hoped they would work on Cavaliers. But they are too small and dull so I just threw them in the garbage.
I found it dull, hard to use and it cut raggedly. Basically, as far as I am concerned, it's useless.