Safari Professional Nail Trimmer for Dogs
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic||Stainless Steel, Metal||Plastic, Rubber||Stainless Steel, Metal||Stainless Steel, Metal|
|Breed Size||N/A||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||N/A|
|Small Pet Type||N/A||N/A||N/A||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||N/A|
|Grooming Tool Type||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers||Nail Clippers|
About This Item
- The Safari Professional Nail trimmer for dogs is made from the finest quality stainless steel which will give you a long-lasting, sharp cutting edge that will stand the test of time.
- Uniquely designed to offer you a non-slip, comfortable grip that will allow you maintain control when trimming your dog's nails. This will also help prevent any painful accidents.
- Great for both professional groomers and pet parents alike.
- Features a double-bladed cutter with a tension spring that helps ensure a swift clean cut. This makes nail trimming less like a chore and is great for left or right hand use.
- Innovative safety stop greatly reduces risk of injury.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- ConairPRO Dog Rounded-Tip Shears, 5-in$11.10Chewy Price$13.99List Price
- Frisco Dog Nail Trimmer, Large$12.01Chewy Price
- Safari Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush for Dogs, Large$19.99Chewy Price
- JW Pet Gripsoft Double Row Undercoat Rake$12.81Chewy Price$13.99List Price
- Safari Diamond Dog Nail File$7.49Chewy Price
- Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Spritzer & Conditioner, 4-oz bottle$5.24Chewy Price$7.49List Price$4.98Autoship Price
- Boshel Dog Nail Clipper$14.99Chewy Price
- KONG Dog ZoomGroom Multi-Use Brush, Raspberry$4.98Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Pet Republique Rechargeable Large Electric Dog & Cat Nail Grinder & Clippers$19.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- PATPET Steel Grit Dog & Cat Nail Grinder, White$24.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Shedding Blade Dog Brush, One Size$8.25Chewy Price
Questions & Answers
19 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1050 Customer Reviews
We owned these nail trimmers for a few months before we had to replace them, and this time, I think we'll likely try out a different brand. My Elkhound's nails seem to be thicker and less brittle than my Chihuahua mix's and other dogs' nails, therefore don't break in a clean, one-and-done snap. These trimmers, while adequately sharp for most nails, didn't tend to create a clean edge to my Elkhound's nails. They would at times swerve "softer" and cut less than I was aiming for because they met continued resistance at my dog's nails, or else cut a smaller bit of the nail off. I'll be looking for perhaps sharper or quicker nail trimmers as I move forward. The grip is fairly comfortable, and the spring is strong enough you don't have to worry about getting caught mid-cut on a nail and causing discomfort for you and your dog. The lock function has never once malfunctioned in all the time we've owned them, and the trimmers open and close smoothly without too much or little resistance. They seem to be quality trimmers, just don't work for my particular dog.
Sharp but seems to cut oddly
These are much sharper than the old ones I needed to replace. The odd part is that both of my Rhodesian Ridgebacks' nails end up with a feather effect around the edges of the cut; it doesn't full cut the "outside" of the nails. Since I don't want to file after cutting, this is not ideal.
don’t cut on first try
These nail clippers worked for the first few trims, while koda was still a puppy and had thin nails. But now that he’s 5 months old (black lab) and his nails have started to get thicker I have to do two to three clips before it will get the whole nail. The first cut will get half of the nail and then the second and third are to get the rest of what is now a hangnail off. I would not buy these ever again, and will be promptly throwing mine away after replacing them.
Does the job!
I've used these once so far, on a toy breed mix. These have a nice grip against your skin and the blades were sharp and cut my dog's nails easily. I would say these are for small dogs. I left one star off because they don't seem like the highest quality. Hard to tell if they'll stand the test of time, but certainly worth the price.
A++ Grooming Tool
Safari makes the best grooming tools. I've tried other nail trimmers, but this is still my go-to for small and large breeds alike. Just make sure you get the right size!
Excellent Nail Trimmer
Would definitely recommend this product. Easy to use and works great. Perfect size also with good grips to avoid any slips.
Too dull for thick nails
I bought the large because my medium dog has super thick nails. Nope, still failed. These smashed her nails instead of cutting through them, like some other reviews mentioned. The clippers feel sturdy overall but just aren't sharp at all.
Too small for my hands
When they said it was for a small/medium dog they should have included "for a small owner with small hands". I'm a reasonably large man 5'11" and the clipper is so small that I can't grip it all they way on the handle. I'm affraid that if my dog is too nervous and doesn't like his nails clipper I might slip and hurt him. For someone with smaller hands this clipper is great.
My daughter had a pair of these. Thought I'd try another one. Not as nice. I bought the same one she had and like it much better.
Best nail clippers
I've always been terrified of curing my puppy's nails. Her nails are jet black and I'm afraid to cut her into the nail bed. Well, these clippers make that impossible to do. It has some kind of plate that prohibits you from cutting too much of the nail. You can only cut up to the width of the clipper blade. Amazing product. I can finally cut my babies nails and save myself a weekly $10 expense.