Safe Paw Ice Melter for Dogs & Cats
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Patented, dual-effect compound made of a modified crystalline amide core infused with special glycol admixture and traction agents quickly melts ice and is safe for pets, humans, vegetation and the environment.
- Liquid component starts melting ice instantly while breaking surface tension and allows the crystal core to penetrate and destabilize ice which speeds up melting. Safe Paw also attracts solar heat to provide extra melting power during daylight hours.
- Non-toxic, safe on asphalt, concrete brick and stone, and pavers with a proprietary tracking agent to prevent slips and falls.
- Green color is easy to spot and distinguish from other ice melters. Safe Paw pellets cover twice the area of rock salt.
- Time-release formula leaves an invisible “shield” that prevents the ice from sticking for up to 3 days. Use ahead or after the storm to make shoveling easier!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealSimple Solution Stain & Odor Remover, 32-oz bottle$11.39Chewy Price$11.99List Price$10.82Autoship Price
- Pet Odor Exterminator Happy Days Air Freshener, 7-oz spray$5.83Chewy Price$6.00List Price
- Pet Odor Exterminator Sandalwood Deodorizing Candle, 13-oz jar$9.95Chewy Price
- Rabbit Air MinusA2 Allergy SPA-780A Pet Odor Air Purifier, White$555.77Chewy Price$599.95List Price
- Pet Odor Exterminator Happy Days Deodorizing Candle, 13-oz jar$9.95Chewy Price
- Eureka MightyMite Canister Vacuum$94.55Chewy Price$109.99List Price
- Puracy Green Tea & Lime Natural Pet Dish Soap, 16-oz bottle$5.99Chewy Price$5.69Autoship Price
- Germ Guardian AC4900CA HEPA Filter Air Purifier$109.99Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- Febreze Dual Action Air Purifier Replacement Filter, 1 count$16.99Chewy Price
- Germ Guardian AC4300BPTCA HEPA Filter Air Purifier$129.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Modified Carbonyldiamide Crystal, Special Glycols, Non-ionic Surfactants Accelerants...||—||Water, Natural Enzymes, Organic Stabilizers.||—||—|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—||—||—|
|Health Feature||First Aid, Paw Care||—||—||—||—|
|Cleaner Usage||—||—||Hard Surface||Furniture/Upholstery, Bedding, Carpet||Fabric, Hard Surface, Carpet Machine...|
|Cleaner Type||—||—||Stain Remover, Deodorizer||Stain Remover||Deodorizer, Stain Remover|
Questions & Answers
39 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
330 Customer Reviews
Works okay on ice
This ice melt works okay on snow and ice but not much difference between it and what I'd buy at the local big box store. It doesn't irritate my dog's paw pads like some ice melts can so that's a plus. Price is a little high.
Best there is
Been using this product for years. Yes it it's not cheap but does melt the ice and snow even down to 0 degrees and does not burn the lawn up. Great product!!!!
Love This Stuff
I love using this stuff especially since I have a dog. A few years ago, I had a Bichon and I did not use this stuff but our HOA would put some treatment down. I went to let my dog in I saw that she was licking the ice off the concrete & didn't think much of it until later she got really sick. I called my vet and they told me it was the salt & said that I needed to get her to throw up to get out out of her system. Ever since then, I use this and no more sick dogs.
Worth the money!!!
I have super seniors doggies and we had a ice storm come through and this saved us I put this down before it started to sleet and I was able to just use a broom and sweep the welted ice right off the porch. Saved my poor pug from breaking a hip. Will buy this again!!!
The Safe Paw Ice Melter did not work for us. When we put a layer down it didn't melt the ice. The pebbles in the mix did help with traction. So, we added more and it still wouldn't melt. When it warmed up and the ice melted our sidewalk was damaged. There were patches that had crumbled.
Purchased big Bucket. Container is not hard to open if you remove the bottom band on the lid (zip it off 360 degrees). It helps, if it is warm & indoors when you do it. Product works a little slow, but is effective. Color helps identify during application and areas that were previously treated. Price for big bucket is reasonable based on quantity.
The Very Very Best Ice Melt All Around!
Having tried tons of "pet and family friendly" ice melts over the years I was not sure if this one would stand up to all the rave reviews. It not only did it surpassed them in our experience. Perfect for our animals and us. It not only melted the ice, it did NOT make a slushy mess that stains the deck or inside house rugs. While more expensive we will be using this brand and from Chewy of course for all our household ice melt needs.
Excellent Ice Melt
This ice melt does a great job of melting ice without messing around with your dog's paws. We have four dogs and a lot of side walk in the back yard. We also live in New England, so, lots of snow. We use this all around the house and driveway and within a few minutes, the ice is melted completely.
10° is a lie but works well
The tub says works down to 10° nope, maybe a little. Its been in the teens here for a bit and my driveway is a skating rink. It's supposed to be up in the mid 20s and I do know it works well then so I'll be outside today breaking up ice. Not sure what conditions they tested this 10° statement in but they should review for us northern people
Pet safe but doesn't melt ice
We have been using this product for a few years and each winter I keep hoping it will work but unfortunately it does not. Even on a sunny 25 degree day, it just sits on top of the ice without melting it. I do like that it is pet safe, just wish it melted the ice.