ScoopFree Original Automatic Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box, Gray
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Self-cleaning automatic rake system cleans entire box 20 minutes after your cat goes to the bathroom. The rakes moves waste into a separated closed waste compartment for superior odor control.
- Crystal litter is formulated to eliminate odors 5 times more efficiently than clay or clumping litter. It is also designed to absorb urine on contact and dries solid waste to reduce odor.
- Plastic litter tray liners prevents leaking that can stink up your home. Disposable litter trays are ideal for easy clean-up (1 tray included).
- This product has been rigorously tested at manufacture's labs for more than 100,000 cycles without failure or jamming.
- Extremely efficient as this system uses 5 to 10 times less litter than clay and clumping litter.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- ScoopFree Ultra Top-Entry Automatic Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box, Gray$199.95Chewy Price$199.99List Price
- ScoopFree Smart WiFi Enabled Automatic Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box$229.95Chewy Price$229.99List Price
- ScoopFree Smart WiFi Enabled Covered Automatic Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box$269.95Chewy Price$269.99List Price
- Smarty Pear Leo's Loo Too Cat Litter Box, Leo Gray$599.99Chewy Price
- ScoopFree Reusable Cat Litter Tray$78.95Chewy Price
- Whisker Litter-Robot & Core Accessories Kit, Grey$699.00Chewy Price
- Omega Paw Easy Fill Roll 'n Clean Cat Litter Box, Large$44.40Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Frisco Multi-Function Covered Cat Litter Box, Jumbo with Inner Tray$64.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Top Entry Cat Litter Box, Black, Large 23-in$26.39Chewy Price
- Frisco Leaf High-Sided Cat Litter Box, Large$34.39Chewy Price
- iPrimio Stainless Steel Cat Litter Box, X-Large$75.00Chewy Price$79.95List Price$71.25Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter Box Type||Automatic||Automatic, Covered||Automatic||Automatic, Top Entry, Covered||Automatic|
|Litter Feature||Odor Control, Non-Clumping, Scented, Natural, Low Tracking||Non-Clumping, Scented, Natural, Low Tracking, Odor Control||N/A||Odor Control, Non-Clumping, Scented, Natural, Low Tracking||Odor Control|
|Material||Plastic, Silicone||Plastic, Silicone||Plastic||Plastic, Silicone||Plastic|
|Lifestage||Kitten, Adult, Senior||Kitten, Adult, Senior||N/A||Kitten, Adult, Senior||Adult|
|Compatibility||Plug-In Power||Plug-In Power||N/A||Plug-In Power||Wi-Fi|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||N/A||No Tools Required||N/A|
Questions & Answers
38 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
517 Customer Reviews
My feline friend and I are pleased with the ScoopFree Automatic Self-Cleaning litter box. It is so quiet. The crystal litter makes it pretty and it is very absorbent. I do scoop out the kitty pebbles that collect in the tray at least two times a week. It has been three weeks since we started using this box, and I just changed the litter for the first time. My only complaint is that I do wish the open footprint was bigger for turning around and scratching. My cat is small, therefore it is adequate for her size.
I have 2 adult senior cats and also kept the traditional scoop-able litter box so they still have options. I really wanted to love this automatic litter box but with having to change the litter after only 4 days because it smelled so bad like urine I cannot in good conscience recommend this to anyone. I’ve tried all the different methods including disposable trays, a reusable tray with multiple different litters but with no luck. I hope you have better luck than my cats and I did!
ScoopFree Litter Box Not Great
Used this for 3 weeks for 2 cats. The blue litter needs to be changed out weekly as it smells. Because the urine is absorbed by the blue litter and holds the odor, one of my cats would only urinate in the towel outside of the box. Emptying the used, blue litter was anything but sanitary. I ordered LitterMaid, 3rd Edition which also has an electronic rake. My first LitterMaid lasted 15 years. Can use flushable litter. Lumps are easily accessed in covered pan at one end of the litter box. CHEWY was more than gracious allowing me to return the ScoopFree once the LitterMaid arrived and even provided me with a return label and house UPS pickup. I've been a customer of CHEWY's for years. Their customer service is amazing.
It work's marvelously. But the bottom tray that collect's the feces, should be more sturdy on the corner's. Mine separated. Do I tape, clue or both. Or look for a separate bottom tray.
We've been wanting a auto kitty litter box for a long time. Having a baby on the way seemed like the time to do it. Unfortunately the auto function never worked from day 1. We're going to return and replace with a new model. It is obviously an inconvenience though. Usually chewy has great customer service this time I think we got a guy not having a great day.
Poorly built, with expected results.
As with many users of this product, it worked fine for about 7 months using the recommended crystal litter from PetSafe. Now, it gets stuck right in the middle of the cycle, which is the worst of all worlds - not only did it fail to scoop, but now there's a huge rake in the middle of the litter pan so there is no longer room for a cat. That's awful durability for the price, but it's not surprising since it is quite cheaply made (all plastic construction and nylon screw drive, for instance).
Best litter box ever!
I bought this litter box based on a recommendation from a friend. No odor. No cat litter scattered all over the floor. Super easy set up and litter disposal. Highly recommend this one.
I can recommend if you can afford
I have 2 cats (4lbs, 10lbs) and had to change litter tray after 5 days. The waste container filled up fast. I have a second tray now for about 5 days, but this time I just scooped out the full waste container. And should be good to good for another 4-5 days. It is fairly quiet, it doesn’t smell (big plus). But what I’ve noticed is litter tracks out of box more than advertised. Replacement trays are not cheap. And I’ve had to do a bit of maintenance like the before mentioned scooping and wiping down of box sides. All in all I am keeping because at least I am not scooping every day. Also will continue to try and tweak to make more useful to us.
Does Not Work Well For Multiple Cats
The box works as promised in the product description for 1 cat. However, we have found that having more than 1 cat in the home that use/share this litter box is a big problem. For us, we needed to clean and change the "self-cleaning" litter box more than a normal litter box if we didn't want a strong ammonia-type smell that permeated the entire room. We tried both the regular litter and the lavender litter. Neither were able to mask the odor. After trying this litter box for a few months, we have opted to return to a "normal" litter box.
This product simply doesn’t work. Everything got caught in the tines and was just drug back and forth across the box. Our cat refused to use it after 1 day. Absolutely horrible.