Can ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box be used with multiple cats? ScoopFree was designed for use with one or two cats. If you have more than two cats, it is recommended to have at least one litter box for every two cats.
How big are the litter trays? Litter trays are 22” x 14-1/2” x 2-1/2”. ScoopFree Sensitive White Crystal Litter Trays do not include lids and can be nested, allowing them to be stored in a smaller space.
How big is ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box? The ScoopFree litter bed measures 14” W x 15-1/2” L, and the exterior litter box dimensions are 19-1/8” W x 27-5/8” L x 6-3/8” H. The height is 16” with the optional hood installed (the Ultra comes with the privacy hood).
How will I know when to change the litter tray?
You should change the litter tray when either of the following occurs:
- The crystal litter is saturated. As the crystals absorb urine, the litter will start to turn yellow. Once the majority of the litter turns yellow, the crystals are nearing their saturation point. When the crystals can no longer absorb any more moisture, you may start to notice an odor from the urine.
- The waste trap is full. When the waste trap is full, the waste trap cover will not close completely. You may see small pieces of solid waste sticking out from underneath the lid. You may also start to notice an odor from the solid waste.
See “Maximizing Litter Tray Life” page 13 to help get the most life from the Disposable Crystal Litter Trays.
What if my cat goes back into the box soon after it’s been used? The rake will not clean if a cat is in the litter box because it will be obstructing the detection sensors. The countdown timer will reset itself and the rake will begin to clean 20 minutes (or 5, 10, or 20 if you have ScoopFree Ultra) after your cat leaves the litter box again.
What is the difference between ScoopFree Original and Ultra?
ScoopFree Ultra functions like the ScoopFree Original with three added features:
- Privacy hood gives your cat a private bathroom while helping keep the crystal litter properly contained. (The privacy hood can be purchased separately for use with the ScoopFree Original. See “Replacement Parts and Accessories” page 16.)
- Adjustable rake timer allows you to choose if the automatic rake sweeps waste 5, 10, or 20 minutes after your cat uses the litter box. (The ScoopFree Original waits 20 minutes.)
- Health counter tracks the frequency of your cat’s litter box usage to help alert to possible health issues.
What are the differences among the Original Scent Blue Crystal Litter Tray, Lavender Scent Crystal Litter Tray, and the Sensitive White Crystal Litter Tray?
- The Original Scent Blue Crystal Litter Tray comes pre-filled with crystal litter with a light Fresh Clean scent. The Lavender Scent Crystal Litter Tray is pre-filled with crystal litter with a light, soothing lavender scent. Both litter trays include a lid. When the tray is ready to be replaced, simply cover it and toss it in the trash.
- The Sensitive White Crystal Litter Tray is made from recycled materials (paper with no bleach added) and comes pre-filled with crystal litter free of perfumes and dyes which is perfect for sensitive cats or owners. Sensitive White Crystal Litter Trays do not come with a lid so the trays nest, making them easier to stack and store in small spaces. A drawstring bag is included for easy disposal.
- The crystal litter for all litter trays have been tested independently and performs the same. The crystal litter absorbs urine and dries solid waste quickly to remove odors.