1) Clean. Remove mud, dirt, salt, etc. from boots, shoes, or other items.
2) Prepare. Protect floor, walls, or other surfaces from overspray. If overspray occurs, quickly wipe up.
3) Shake. Shake can well.
4) Test. Test for colorfastness. Spray hidden area until wet and wipe vigorously with a white absorbent cloth. If color rubs off, do not use.
5) Spray. Hold can upright 6" (15cm) from fabric surface. Overlap spray using a slow, sweeping motion. Two light coats are better than one heavy coating. Allow to dry between coats.
6) Reapply. Reapply to maintain protection. Durability of protection varies with wear.
Note: May give leather a slightly darker, richer tone.