Sentry Petrodex Veterinary Strength Enzymatic Malt Flavor Cat Dental Kit
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Acacia Gum, Acidified calcium sulfate, barley malt syrup...||Sorbitol, Water, Hydrated Silica...||Sorbitol, Water, Hydrated Silica...||Sorbitol, Water, Hydrated Silica...||—|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care||Dental & Breath Care||Dental & Breath Care||Dental & Breath Care||Dental & Breath Care|
|Breed Size||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—||—|
About This Item
- Veterinary strength dental kit for all of your feline friend's dental health needs
- Helps reduce tartar & plaque buildup with a hydrogen peroxide-producing enzymatic formula. Cleans teeth & freshens breath
- Easy to use: cats love the malt flavor, and the toothpaste doesn't foam so there's no need to rinse.
- Veterinarian-developed toothbrush helps remove plaque and food debris with ultra-soft bristles for gentle application
- Included finger brush gently removes plaque and food debris while massaging gums (great for kittens)
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Nylabone Advanced Oral Care Original Flavor Cat Dental Kit$10.47Chewy Price$13.39List Price$9.95Autoship Price
- DealTropiClean Fresh Breath Water Additive For Cats, 16-oz bottle$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Dental Fresh Original Formula Cat Dental Water Additive, 8-oz bottle$7.99Chewy Price$7.59Autoship Price
- Liquid-Vet Teeth & Gums Support Chicken Flavor Cat Supplement, 8-oz bottle$11.69Chewy Price$11.11Autoship Price
- Pet Naturals Hairball Cat Chews, 30 count$4.00Chewy Price$3.80Autoship Price
- PetLab Co. Dental Formula Cat Dental Water Additive, 8-oz bottle$25.46Chewy Price$24.19Autoship Price
- DealTomlyn Laxa-Stat Gel Hairball Control Supplement for Cats, 4.25-oz tube$10.99Chewy Price$10.44Autoship Price
- HomeoPet Feline Purr Dental Cat Supplement, 15mL bottle$14.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Hartz Hairball Remedy Plus Salmon Flavor Paste for Cats & Kittens, 2.5-oz tube$9.52Chewy Price$9.04Autoship Price
- Nutri-Vet Salmon Flavored Gel Hairball Control Supplement for Cats, 3-oz tube$6.99Chewy Price$8.49List Price$6.64Autoship Price
- Pet Naturals Hip + Joint Cat Chews, 30 count$8.00Chewy Price$7.60Autoship Price
- DealTomlyn Laxatone Tuna Flavored Gel Hairball Control Supplement for Cats, 2.5-oz$9.49Chewy Price$9.02Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
19 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
175 Customer Reviews
It makes it easy
I was prepared for a major fight with my cat after the vet recommended brushing his teeth. Turns out, it's super easy. My cat gets excited when he sees me pull out the malt toothpaste and the brush. Very unexpected reaction, but I would definitely recommend at least trying it.
So I noticed some issues with my cats teeth and I felt it was time to start brushing his teeth. This product is very easy for us to use, that being said my cat is very mellow when it comes to me handling him. I feel good about this product and I feel that it is helpful for his gum and teeth health.
Cat tooth care
Easy to use and seems helpful for my cat. The finger brush is wonderful since tooth care is not our old man's favorite past time. Both brushes are quick to clean. He seems ok with the taste. The kit was reasonably priced & used minimal amount of packaging. Very appreciative on my end. Thank you.
cats breath doesn't stink, but he hates the flavor!
his breath isn't too terrible, so this likely does something, however he absolutely hates the flavor! I ended up buying a different toothpaste, but this will depend per pet.
Sentry Petrodex Dental Kit
Toothbrush is small enough for kitten's mouths and especially for useful for breeds for smaller mouths such as brachecephalic breeds. I've used this exact Toothbrush on my persians for years, but now you have the buy the kit just to get the brush,which is just dumb. I'll never understand the silicone finger brush because it doesn't fit in any cat's mouth. That being said, I do like the toothbrush and toothpaste. I'm glad Chewy's started selling this again. It's malt flavored, not off putting. Seems to be the most neutral flavored toothpaste I've used on my cats in 20 years. All other flavors can risky depending on who makes them. I've tried chicken and malt CET by Virbac and malt by Petrodex and malt seems to be the most neutral and well tolerate flavor. You don't use that much either. Toothpaste isn't actually necessary, it's getting that sticky plaque off, so just a toothbrush and water is okay. I think these toothbrushes are just tad better than the CET ones but again you can't buy them by themselves, you have to buy the entire kit. The small CET toothbrushes used to be very inexpensive but they've gone up in price now so I don't think you come out ahead no matter how you do it. I just prefer these toothbrushes and the toothpaste is the good.
Best toothpaste I've tried!
Two cats and 25 years later, I'm still a huge fan of Petrodex enzymatic toothpaste. Brushing every 3 days significantly extends the time between professional cleanings and my cats love the taste. Wetting the toothbrush bristles in warm water helps distribute the paste. And remember to rinse the brush thoroughly after use! My cats respond best to a soft, warm, clean brush.
This is one of the two toothpastes that I use for my cats. I alternate between this one and a poultry flavored one and the cats LOVE them. They get their teeth brushed every day at 4pm and if I'm late they come and find me and sit in front of me staring until I ask them if they want their teeth brushed. Then they run to the cabinet and wait for me to catch up. Today we were at the vet for their annual checkups and their vet said their teeth looked great. Worth the effort.
Surprise for me!
I was so surprised to see how well my kitten did with getting his teeth brushed. He appeared to love the taste and the small head on the brush was a good fit.
Toothpaste A Go!
I am very pleased my cat loves this tooth paste. The brush is taking some getting use to, but because she likes the taste she is doing pretty good. Happy to have an option for her tooth care.
I was totally surprised that Tiffany made me brush her teeth. She loved the taste and just let me brush her teeth.