Shires Equestrian Products Fine Mesh Earless Horse Fly Mask
About This Item
- Fine mesh protects against even the smaller flies.
- Stretch poll with fleece padding for a comfy fit.
- Reinforced eye darts keep the mask out of your horse’s eyes.
- Breathable for comfy wear.
- 70+% UV protection to reduce sunburn and sun bleaching.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- WeatherBeeta Comfitec Fine Mesh Horse Mask with Ears & Nose, Black/Turquoise, Pony$30.00Chewy Price$31.99List Price
- WeatherBeeta Comfitec Durable Mesh Horse Mask With Ears, Navy/Purple, Warmblood$27.95Chewy Price$31.99List Price
- WeatherBeeta Comfitec Fine Mesh Horse Mask with Ears, Navy/Turquoise, Mini$27.25Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Kensington Protective Products Signature Fly Horse Mask, Desert Sand, X-Large$33.85Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Horze Eira Horse Fly Mask, Pink, Pony$34.99Chewy Price
- Derby Originals Reflective Fly Horse Mask with Ears & Nose Cover, X-Large$19.99Chewy Price$29.95List Price
- Kensington Protective Products UViator CatchMask Horse Fly Mask, Lavender Mint, Large$68.79Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Equine Couture Horse Fly Bonnet With Silver Rope, Black, Pony$19.74Chewy Price
- Saxon 1200D With Gusset Standard Neck Medium II Horse Blanket, Hunter/Black, 81-in$95.96Chewy Price$109.99List Price
- Saxon 1200D With Gusset Standard Neck Lite II Horse Blanket, Black/Black, 84-in$75.57Chewy Price$104.99List Price
- WeatherBeeta Comfitec Premier Free II Standard Neck Medium Horse Blanket, Dark Blue/Gray/White, 75-in$219.99Chewy Price$262.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic||Fleece, Synthetic Fabric, Vinyl / PVC||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Tack Type||—||Fly Mask Without Ears||Fly Mask With Ears||—||Fly Mask Without Ears|
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
11 Customer Reviews
Great Fly Mask
I love this fly mask. It is so much easier to put on my horse than others I've used because of the nice wide opening at the pole. It fits great and looks and feels more comfortable than others. It's stretchy and the mesh is very small so tiny insects can't sneak through. Reasonably priced and a very good buy.
not typical shires fit
I love Shires fly masks, they wear and wash well, with some of mine being 7 years old. Every horse in my barn has one. When I adopted my mule, the large shire masks I have with the fringe were too small for him in that it rubbed his eye. They don't make shires masks for mules with the fringe or ears. when I ordered this for Leroy judging on my large shires mask, I thought this may work for him. it does with one exception, he has a narrow face so even when adjusted as small as I can make it's still loose. If he wants to rub it off he can. Luckily he's smart and prefers to keep it on!
Love this fly mask
Finally a nice fitting quality mask for my large mustang pony! He usually is a Cob size but someone rec. go down a size so Ponysize fit perfect. Mask runs a bit larger. He is a 20 yr. rescue stallion. The mask does not hit on his eyes either, nice material to see through too.
Best fly mask I've found
Very well made and stays on. Padding where touches head. Mesh portion is designed to keep mask off eyes. Strong double velcro straps.
Great fly mask
This Shires fly mask without ears is great. Runs large. I ended up ordering cob size which fits my 14.3 gelding fine. It’s nice looking and well made.
Great, except for eye poking
Got this mask after trying several for my rescue draft who gets eye ulcers. I was so excited as this is just a great mask except for the fact that if Dually rubs her face the material, which is stiff, gets pushed in and it pokes her in the eye, and stays there, irritating her eye! I thought I could add some reinforcement to keep it from doing that but it's really beyond my scope. Just a shame. I hope Shires gets enough feedback that they fix this problem.
it only lasted about a week
I won't order this brand again- it lasted only about a week- totally shredded by who knows what- i've never had a fly mask fall apart that fast
Nice fly masks but they run large
I ordered a cob and full size. Full was huge and was even too large for my 16h QH who has a large head. Chewy was great they refunded my money and I was able to donate the masks. I ordered the masks all in cob size and they fit perfectly.
Mask works great. Keeps the flies out of the horses face.
This fly mask is the first one to fit our 13hand POA pony really well. It is well made and has soft fleece padding.