Shires Equestrian Products Fine Mesh Horse Fly Mask with Ear Holes
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Fine mesh protects against even the smaller flies.
- Stretch poll with fleece padding and ear holes for a comfy fit.
- Reinforced eye darts keep the mask out of your horse’s eyes.
- Breathable for comfy wear.
- 70+% UV protection to reduce sunburn and sun bleaching.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Shires Equestrian Products Fine Mesh Earless Horse Fly Mask, Black, Full$28.99Chewy Price
- Shires Equestrian Products Fine Mesh Horse Fly Mask with Ears, Black, Cob$23.76Chewy Price$32.99List Price
- Farnam SuperMask II Horse Fly Mask with Covered Ears, Assorted, Arabian$14.95Chewy Price$35.99List Price
- Shires Equestrian Products ARMA Zeb-Tek Fly TU Horse Socks, Pony$44.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Mio Fly Sheet, 84-in$59.95Chewy Price$79.95List Price
- Farnam SuperMask II Horse Fly Mask Classic Collection, Foal$12.00Chewy Price$27.59List Price
- Derby Originals Reflective Horse Fly Mask w/ Ear & Nose Cover, Spring Green, Warmblood$21.47Chewy Price$24.95List Price
- FORCE-Force Equine Fly Horse Mask$14.99Chewy Price
- Weaver Leather Original Adjustable Nylon Horse Halter, Lime Zest, Average$23.49Chewy Price$27.79List Price
- Gatsby Premium All-Purpose Horse Saddle Pad, White$40.63Chewy Price
- Tough-1 Nylon Padded Halter with Satin Horse Hardware, Turquoise, Yearling$14.46Chewy Price$15.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Cotton, Natural Fabric|
|Closure Type||Velcro||Velcro||Velcro||Adhesive||Slip On|
|Tack Type||—||—||—||Fly Mask With Ears||—|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
6 Customer Reviews
Only good on cloudy days due to sun glare
I personally love the comfortable construction and appearance of this mask, but my 11.1 pony can only wear it on cloudy days. I've put it over my own face to see what he is seeing, and there is a noticeable shiny glare from sun on the black netting. He probably sees those lines of reflecting sun also. He tried to immediately rub the mask off, and tossed his head while wearing it in sunshine. On a cloudy day he was fine with it. It's well made and looks very nice on his head, but the plastic net/mesh unfortunately causes that sun glare on the inside. I wish the pony liked it, and if the net/mesh eye covering was made of a non-glare material, it would be great. Fits him very well.
Stays off the eyes!
I like that this tents off my horse’s eyes. He’s a Gypsy Vanner with a big beautiful moose head and the cob fits great. Nowhere for the forelock to go, so I pull its braid out the back so it doesn’t poke him in the eyes. Not too hot for summer use, but he is a little sweaty behind the ears when I take it off, so I only use it on 85 degree and below days. It stays on!
Well made masks
I bought these for 3 horses and could not be happier. They are well made, fit nicely and stay on. Best masks I have ever used.
This fly mask works great for my horse and has UV protection too. I like how the thicker mesh keeps the fly mask from sitting on my horse's eyes.
Best fly mask I’ve ever used. Extremely durable. My horses are out more than they’re in. I’ve never had one lost and there is absolutely no damage after over six months of use.
Excellent quality. This was for my donkey who has lost much of her sight due to years of Uveitis episodes. The mesh is thick enough to block the suns harmful rays yet she still seems to be able to see through it. Would recommend this mask for sure.