Shires Equestrian Products Greedy Feeder Horse Hay Net
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Extra-slow hay net feeder for horses.
- Built to help mimic natural foraging times and patterns.
- Crafted using mesh with small 1.25-inch holes to let hay out slowly.
- Great for keeping horses occupied when in the stall or during trailer rides.
- Designed to help extend meal times, reduce waste and improve digestion.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Derby Originals Superior Slow Eater Soft Mesh Horse Hay Net, Hurricane Blue/Black$13.95Chewy Price$16.95List Price
- Derby Originals Quik-Fil 48” Slow Feed Poly Rope Hanging Horse Hay Net, Yellow$24.95Chewy Price$30.95List Price
- Derby Originals Paris Tack Easy Feed 4-Sided Slow Feed Horse Hay Bag, Hunter Green$64.99Chewy Price$68.95List Price
- Derby Originals California Three String XXL Nylon Horse Hay Bale Carry Bag, Royal Blue$59.99Chewy Price$61.95List Price
- Weaver Leather Slow Feed Horse Hay Bag, Mint$53.95Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Derby Originals Easy-Feed Patented Four-Sided Slow Feed Horse Hay Bag, Red$64.99Chewy Price$68.95List Price
- Weaver Leather 45 Degree Hay Bag, Navy$39.05Chewy Price$48.69List Price
- Happy Horse Nylon Horse Feed Bucket Strap, 22-in$3.99Chewy Price
- Freedom Feeder 4 Flake Slow Feeding Standard Horse Day Net, White, 1-in$59.40Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Indipets Heavy Duty Pail, 13-qt$21.59Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Indipets Heavy Duty Pail with Hooks, 4-qt$17.67Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Tough-1 Salt Block Holder, Blue$3.90Chewy Price$4.88List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Polypropylene, Plastic||Polypropylene, Plastic||Polypropylene, Plastic|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
8 Customer Reviews
Very good nets
I’ve bought several different brands and kinds of nets and the Shires’ are my favorites. They last longer, I like how they’re made, and they’re a good value. You can buy more expensive ($$) that don’t last longer and you can buy cheaper (the word cheap applies to more than price) and you get what you pay for.
Great while it worked, tore easily
I bought this for my horse while she is on stall rest. She was emptying a regular slow feed haynet very quickly, and I wanted to extend the time she had hay available. While this worked perfectly for that, it has holes in less than a month. If you have a delicate, dainty horse, this may be a good product, but for my greedy one, it did not hold up.
Good for Slow Feeding
Nice slow feeder net for a decent price. I needed a maximum of 1 1/4” holes to slow my guy down, but nets with 1” holes frustrate him. These are made of a thin polypropylene that is a bit on the stiff side, but so far are working well for us. They have a nice large opening that is easy to load. The red is a nice size and easily holds about 6 pounds of hay. The blue are at least twice as big and hold a lot of hay. There are nets made of softer materials and better quality, but are significantly more expensive. I have been using the Shires nets since the end of November. I had one small hole where one of the knots came apart. Easily fixed with a bit of baling twine. My guy is pretty easy on the nets so not sure how well they will do with an aggressive feeder. I think they are a very good net for the price. (Especially when Chewy had a buy 2 get one free deal on them). I would give them 5 stars, but the somewhat stiff material may put some folks off.
I purchased the blue net hoping to slow my mares consumption of hay. It is long and found it easy to fill. I filled it two weeks ago and it is still full------ she won't eat out of it. She pulled it off the wall twice until I fixed that issue but she leaves it alone totally. There is nothing wrong with the net but my horse is just not having it, she evidently doesn't want to work for her food.
Excellent slow-feeder hay net
I tried nets with 1-1/2" holes but my insulin-resistant mare was still eating her hay surprisingly fast. This 30" net has 1-1/4" holes, and just that little difference slows her down a lot. The hanging-string is long and thick, which is great for me. The net's fabric is a poly material that stands up to my mare tugging at the hay. Realistically, I expect any net to develop holes at some time but my mare has been eating out of this bag twice a day for two weeks and there is no sign of wear yet.
Sturdy Hay Net
This hay net is holding up to a very (he thinks) hungry donkey, who needs to slow down and actually taste his food! He gets pretty aggressive at pulling and biting at it and so far, it's showing no signs of wear. Would definitely recommend for slowing down a fast eater.
Great for smaller horses
These bags are tough like all of Shires feed bags. They will hold about 9 lbs of hay. With our Charity, they are great as most these unwanted horses are Foundered . Thank you Chewy for offering the great selections you have!
Work great to slow hay consumption
These hay bags work great to slow hay consumption and make it last. I have tried others but these last and are easy to repair with rope when a hole does appear. It's best not to overstuff as they last longer.