Shoofly Leggins Horse Fly Boots, 4 count
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- The plastic mesh helps keep biting flies (deer, horse and horn) from penetrating the boots.
- The design stops botfly eggs from being laid.
- Helps reduce stress on your horse, which ultimately can help reduce leg fatigue and hoof cracks from constant stomping.
- Greatly reduces the risk of spreading disease.
- The mesh provides plenty of air flow, which is especially comfortable for wounds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kensington Protective Products Bubble Horse Fly Boots, 4 count, Black, Medium$59.85Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Shires Equestrian Products ARMA Tendon Horse Boots, Plum, Full$43.99Chewy Price
- EasyCare Easyboot Glove Soft Horse Boot, 1, bundle of 2$162.92Chewy Price$171.50List Price
- EquiFit HorseSox Horse Socks, Black, Barn Roll Horse$80.00Chewy Price
- Bluegrass Animal Products Deluxe Equine Slipper, Blue, Small$42.79Chewy Price$43.00List Price
- Weaver Leather Synergy Sport Athletic Hind Pair Horse Boots, Medium, Blue$84.55Chewy Price$93.99List Price
- Weaver Leather Prodigy Athletic Horse Boots, Medium, Steel$73.75Chewy Price$81.99List Price
- Weaver Leather Polo Horse Wrap, Large$48.45Chewy Price$53.79List Price
- Farnam SuperMask II Horse Fly Mask Classic Collection, Horse$16.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Farnam SuperMask II Horse Fly Mask with Covered Ears, White, Horse$21.51Chewy Price$35.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic, Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Latex, Rubber||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Tack Type||Fly Boots||Therapeutic Boots||Therapeutic Boots||Fly Mask Without Ears|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
58 Customer Reviews
Stops the Stomp
My horses couldn't survive the fly season without Shoofly leggings. One of my mares has navicular syndrome and the constant stomping away flies is particularly painful for her. Shoofly leggings are a lifesaver. She does hardly any stomping wearing her bright pink leggings. Be sure to measure and get the correct size. I like them to fit snuggly just below the coronet band. I also check frequently for any spots that might be rubbing. It doesn't happen often, but it's better to catch it early. They're easy to clean and dry quickly. A set will last up to two years for me. I replace them when they start to fray at the bottom and the stays poke through. I'm always amazed at the design, snug at the bottom and loose at the top. It allows easy movement for your horse and flies do not go down into the leggings. They stay up great, you might have to experiment a little to find the "sweet spot" fit wise for your horse. Chewy's price was very competitive. If your horses have pasture access, the bright pink and orange are easier to find!
Great fly Boots
These fly Boots are my second set..I have had the previous set for 2 years for my appaloos legs he loves them now..flys used to tear his legs up... These boots keep him fly bite free! They stay up and don't rub his legs I ordered this set for my mule.. he now knows they work and he loves them also..I will order again when these wear out one day.. fast shipping well packaged an awesome price. Thanks chewy
Great Fly Boots
I love these fly boots! They always stay up, the velcro is difficult even for me to remove the boots due to it's superior strength - neither of my horses have ever removed them and they have removed a lot of gear. These boots keep the flies away and have lasted me the entire season plus; we live in Southern California and our fly season can last 10 months or more. These are the only boots I will buy.
Best Fly Boots!
I've tried several different fly boots over the years and these are great! Well-fitting, durable, easy on and off, easy to clean, don't fall down - love the bright easy to see colors. The medium fits my 16.2 statuesque OTTB and my 15 stocky QH. The boots stay on through galloping, bucking, spinning and twirling around the pasture. Best fly boots ever I've tried. They are on 24/7. A keeper!
not the perfect solution, but better than before
These do keep the flies off my donkey's lower legs, but now they just bite her upper legs. I like that these are loose and airy and the velcro is very strong. Another downside is sometimes when she poops, a few turds fall into the boots on her back legs. But I can just lift up the boot without taking it off and the turds fall out the bottom.
Good protection from flies
I got these boots because I have seen them on friends horses and know that they hold up well. My horse keeps them on 24/7 with no problem so far. However, he was really freaked out when I first put them on. He is used to boots and wraps, but because these are loose and flop against his legs it took him a couple of days to get used to them.
These really work!
I have these for all my horses. They really work! The Velcro is really strong and they don’t ever come off. They don’t bother the horses at all and neither do the flies. Keeps them from stomping and damaging their hooves and shoes
Go with pink or orange
These seem to work well in keeping flies off my horses’ legs, and they generally stay on well, except on my mini. Avoid the blue ones if your horse is turned out, as they can be hard to see and find if they come off in the pasture, especially if they get muddy.
they work! get orange or pink
they pulled them off the first day or 2. didn't do any damage. once they figured out they kept the flies away, they don't mess with them. no rubs. the pink and orange are definitely easier to find in the grass!
Great Product-Great Price
Best summer product for your horse. Can leave on 24/7 and curbs foot stomping. Has improved hoof quality in the summer exponentially as a result.