Sliding Glass Pet Door, 2-Piece
About This Item
- Easy to install and remove, making it paw-fect for apartments and rental homes.
- Available in 3 different sizes. See size tab for more info.
- The latch kit allows you to lock your sliding glass door once the pet door is installed.
- You can use the slide-in closing panel to limit your canine companion’s or feline friend’s access when needed.
- This energy-efficient door has weather stripping and a tinted flap with a magnetic closure to keep the heat and cold outside of your home.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetSafe 96-in Sliding Glass Pet Door, Large, Tall$289.95Chewy Price
- DealHigh Tech Pet Products Medium Power Automatic Sliding Glass Pet Patio Door, White, Regular$729.99Chewy Price$879.99List Price
- DealHigh Tech Pet Products Armor Flex Airtight Extreme Weather Magnetic Closure System Door Mount Pet Door, Small$249.99Chewy Price$299.99List Price
- DealHigh Tech Pet Products Large Power Automatic Sliding Glass Pet Patio Door, White, Tall$799.99Chewy Price$959.99List Price
- PlexiDor Performance Pet Doors Dog Door Wall Installation, Large, White$698.00Chewy Price$927.00List Price
- PlexiDor Performance Pet Doors Electronic Automatic Wall Mounted Dog & Cat Door, Large, White$2,535.00Chewy Price$3,002.00List Price
- Endura Flap Double Flap Wall Mount Dog & Cat Door, X-Large, White$799.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe Pet Door for Dogs & Cats, Large$59.95Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- Ideal Pet Products Aluminum Modular Pet Patio Doors, Silver, Small$156.01Chewy Price$164.57List Price
- Endura Flap Single Flap Door Mount Dog & Cat Door, Small, Black$289.99Chewy Price
- BarksBar Plastic Dog Door, Large$51.95Chewy Price$65.99List Price
- Autoslide Dog Door with K9 Tag, Black$760.00Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Features||Locking||Locking||Locking||Insulated, Locking||Insulated, Locking|
|Material||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Plastic||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Plastic, Vinyl / PVC|
Questions & Answers
38 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
52 Customer Reviews
We should have done this years ago
I don't know why we didn't buy this years ago. It has changed our lives! No more letting the dog out in the middle of the night or in the middle of a Zoom call. Installation is easy, it looks nice, and it's so convenient. We have the large size and the door flap is thankfully too heavy for our cat (who can't go out at night), but easy to use for our lab.
Good solid product
The door fit securely in the track of the existing sliding glass door, requiring no modifications. Seems solid and secure - no rattling or obvious wind noise. We did put weather stripping along the side which meets the door. Pup learned to use it within an hour or two, and the peace of mind (and less running to open the door) is delightful.
Works great with some modification
The installation is fairly intensive and requires you to screw into the doorframe so be aware of that before purchasing. Also, make sure your sliding door is perfectly level or else you will be left with open cracks between the sliding door and pet door. It can be a bit of a headache
Easy to put together, fit in my sliding doors. Great all glass, rubber weather stripping to stop cold from coming thru. I highly recommend and my 4dogs big and small go thru with no problems.
Functional but not high quality
I would not recommend this if you own your home and looking for something sturdy. I definitely would not recommend it if you live in a place where large predators (black bears for example) may get curious around your doors. It functions just fine, and easy to put together and install, but like I said it's not heavy duty or even comparable to the older sliding glass doors. My concern is winter, and keeping cold out. The weather stripping does not fully seal the openening, so i had to go buy some better quality stripping. If you live in central or southern california or some place where the weather doesn't get too cold, this will be fine. And if you live in an apartment or rental home where you can not drill into the frame of the home's door, with a little jury rigging you can make this door work.
holes not drilled correctly
The door had to be modified due to holes not being drilled correctly. It worked however had to get someone to redraw holes.
Nicely made but
The Pet Safe Patio dog door is very nicely packaged and well made. It arrived in 5 days from Chewy. Unfortunately this door does not work with a Pella Sliding Glass Door.
Best doggie door
This doggie door is awesome. It’s made well and if you have a white trim door it blends in very well.
I cannot believe how much this door has improved my life. I am a fur-Mommy to four doggies. After adopting our latest addition who was used to going in and out through a dog-door the others followed. It was easy to install and looks very natural. I highly recommend.
door flap, weatherstrip
Doorflap doesn't close most of the time. Gaps between sliding glass door and petsafe panel are best filled using open cell foam weatherstrip. Closed cell foam is too rigid. Open cell is harder to find at hardware or big box stores but it can be purchased online.