Click here for the Ultimate Post Perch.
Hands down the best cat scratcher you will find - we have 3 of the gray color placed all around our house and they truly help with scratching (game changer was the one next to the couch - 90% of the time they go for it instead of the couch arm, the other 10% we redirect and they're very good about it). These are stupidly expensive BUT they are extra high so the cats get a good stretch out of it and we don't worry about these tipping over. We tested a few out and keeping coming back to these.
This product looks nicer than most, and seems sturdy. It is not, however, enticing to my cat at all. I'm not sure what it is about the texture, but she doesn't see it as an object to scratch, making it virtual useless. Judging by the number of these that are making the rounds in my foster group for the same issue, I think it's more than just my cat that has an issue. If your cat will use it, it's great.
We have tried many other scratching items which our cat used regularly but still insisted on scratching our leather sofa in a certain spot. We placed the new post in front of the area where he would scratchand he LOVES it. Since it is so tall it allows him to stretch out and upward which he used to do on the sofa. He also frequently rubs his neck on the post. So happy with this purchase, we bought a second one!
Well made, sturdy, and easy to assemble. Many scratching posts are too short for most cats to get a full body stretch; the height of this post allows my cat, Ari to stretch out completely! I purchased the catnip misting spray, and encouraged her to use the post by offering treats and scratching on it at the top. She uses it regularly as a scratching post, and also as her Throne“! I do recommend this post!
Finding a good scratching post at a reasonable price isn't easy to do for my long-legged Siamese cats. This post is perfect for my cats. Tall and very stable. Perfect for me, too. Attractive, with clean lines, and extremely easy to attach the base to the post. My cats and I are very well pleased with this scratching post.
In response to some other comments - One person sent it back without opening it because the box it shipped in was labeled Pioneer Pet. That may be the manufacturer name, but the product inside was a SmartCat post. Another complained about the stickers on the base, but the stickers are on the bottom of the base - they put it together with the base upside down. And lastly - Another person complained that the screws on the base protruded and might scratch the floor, but if you put the base on the right way, the screws are counter sunk. Honestly was amused when seeing the actual post and realizing all this.
I get this one over and over again even for lifts for our friends fur babies. It's the perfect cat scratcher. Don't waste money on a small one. This one lasts forever! I added a top for our 13 lb flame point but for a smaller kitty you could add a small piece of carpet for them.
I ordered 2 of these. They are very sturdy and well made. The light beige one has a yellow tinge to it which I don't like. The grey one looks exactly as pictured. I had a scratching post already but my cats were clawing at my brand new $$$ sofa. I bought these and placed them beside the furniture and they're scratching the post instead of the furniture. :)
I have bought these for years. For aggressive scratchers they hold up better than rope. There are fours sides so you can just keep turning. When the rope ones are scratched through, it is unusable. These also will collect hair as they will rub on it. Even my declawed rescue goes to town on it.
I have a smartcat brand scratching post, and decided two would be better so I purchased this post. It is Pioneer Pet brand, made in China. My SmartCat post has it's logo on the top - this does not. And if it has a 16 inch base you have to assemble it yourself. I did not crack the box to see. I am giving it two stars, because, after all, it was cheap and Chewy's lived up to it's satsifaction promise. Chewy's lives up to it's satisfaction promise and has refunded my purchase