Soft Claws Nail Caps for Dogs, 40 Count
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Developed by a veterinarian as a simple solution to problematic scratching and made in the USA.
- Vinyl caps cover the front paw nails to reduce and soften the effects of destructive scratching.
- Can also be applied to hind claws to protect against skin conditions aggravated by scratching.
- Easily applies to nails with a safe and non-toxic glue, and will not interfere with your dog’s normal activity.
- Each application lasts four to six weeks, and each kit comes with a four to six-month supply.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purrdy Paws Soft Dog Nail Caps, 20 count, Small, Ultra Glow in the Dark$7.67Chewy Price$7.99List Price
- GROOM Bathing Tablets & Shower Head Dog, Cat & Horse Shampoo, 30 count$49.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Top Performance Table Dog Mat, Purple, Small$39.42Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Bio-Groom Ultra Black Color Enhancer Dog Shampoo, 1-gal bottle$34.00Chewy Price$38.99List Price$32.30Autoship Price
- Pet Silk Liquid Silk Finish Dog & Cat Serum, 2-oz bottle$10.61Chewy Price$10.08Autoship Price
- Top Performance Baby Powder Dog & Cat Shampoo, 1-gal bottle$31.25Chewy Price$44.99List Price$29.69Autoship Price
- Pet Silk Rainforest Finish Dog & Cat Cologne, 4-oz bottle$9.09Chewy Price$8.64Autoship Price
- Bio-Groom Magic Black Coat Darkening Dog Spray, 8-oz bottle$16.00Chewy Price
- Bio-Groom Waterless Bath Tearless Dog Shampoo, 1-gal bottle$26.49Chewy Price$30.50List Price$25.17Autoship Price
- Best Shot UltraMax Finishing Dog & Cat Spray, 17-oz bottle$17.90Chewy Price$19.00List Price$17.00Autoship Price
- EZ Groom Filthy Beast Dog & Cat Shampoo, 1-gal bottle$57.95Chewy Price
- Warren London Variety Pack Dog Nail Polish, 0.50-oz bottle, 6 count$29.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic||Plastic, Vinyl / PVC|
|Breed Size||—||Giant Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Grooming Tool Type||—||—||Groomer Apparel|
Questions & Answers
20 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
61 Customer Reviews
Great product concept
This is a great product and solution for your little velociraptor. I have a Chihuahua that sharpens her nails nightly after I take the points off. My arms have been scratched up to oblivion. Cutting her nails and filing her nails nightly doesn’t work because she just spends eight hours sharpening them to cat like needle sharp claws. So, I decided to try these. Chewy was wonderful replacing the glue that came with the nail caps because arrived dried out. These nails were easy to put on and look absolutely adorable. My recommendations for having them adhere strongly is to follow the directions on the package and wipe your dogs nails with some rubbing alcohol to remove the oil before it hearing the nail tip. Make sure not to touch the nails that you’ve just cleaned with your fingers, because you will transfer oil. Also, if your dog is a chewer like mine put a little bit of apple bitters on the paws. Works like a charm!
Nail glue useless
Was very hopeful that this product would solve the problem of unintentional injury that my puppy causes on my paper thin skin when he even lightly puts a paw on my arm or leg - even after trimming and sanding his nails from a groomer. Alas, both glue sticks in this package were solid as rocks. Now I need to make a trip to the store and another purchase. Will have to wait and see if the caps themselves will be tolerated by my shitzu.
Did not work
I bought 2 packs of these and the glue in both packs were setup and as hard as a rock. I couldnt use them at all
Excellent product but don’t go by weight
I recently got some soft claws for my golden retriever. She’s 2 and still with the”paw” thing and her nails dig into skin and it tears. So. Been using them for the cat- had No idea they also came for dogs! However, I ordered them based on weight, which is 90lbs, which puts it at XXXL. Oh my, Way too large. Call customer service, you guys rock, and they placed an order for an XL. They arrived. Perfect fit! Thanks Chewy for your excellent customer service.
My 80-85 lb staffy is a 14 yr ol codger with bad hips and painful arthritis who slid all over my natural hardwood floor. I had the groomer apply these XXX-Large after she clipped his nails. Note: they only work while standing and walking, they do not work when trying to rise from laying down and vise versa. He's figured that out and only lays down on area rugs or his bed so he can lay and rise w/o as much trouble.
Don’t buy this product
The product was too small and didn’t fit I have a Chihuahua and she weighs about 5 pounds I ordered a small like the chart recommended and they were too small
The caps would be perfect for my dog...if the adhesive wasn’t solid as a rock! Disappointed that I cannot try these out because of the dried glue. The package comes with two tubes, and both are dried up.
These are literally a life saver. My dog has arthritis and he drags his front paws. Sometimes it gets very bad and it becomes a bloody and painful situation. One of his claws was worn down to the quick. I have ordered 17 boots in all styles and sizes to protect his claws but none of them stayed on. You have to let the claws heal first before putting the claw caps on though. Ive been wrapping my dogs feed with cotton and stretch wrap for a few weeks and his right foot has healed to the point where I was able to glue them on and i am so happy with the results. My dog is a good boi so he doesn’t even try to chew them off. They last about a week due to him dragging his paws but I’d imagine they will last for about a month on a “normal” walking dog but I don’t mind changing them out every week or so. I put so much hope into these as I literally didn’t know what else to do and they did not disappoint.
I am not able to apply these as both bottles of glue came dried up. They are adorable and I wanted them to work so badly. And now I am afraid to order another box for fear they will be useless too. ☹️
Do not buy
Bought product for my dog, received quickly(thank you Chewy). The glue is crap, hard in the tubes and not able to use it. Chewy sent me a replacement and same issue. Glue is old and can’t be used. Chewy refunded the cost.