Solvit's HoundAbout II Bicycle Trailer is perfect for cycling to the dog park - you get a workout there and back, and your pet stays safe while you’re on the road. Solvit's design features an extra-wide wheelbase and has a lower center-of-gravity to provide outstanding ride stability and easier access for your pet to get in and out of the cabin. The special pockets hold plenty of gear including cell phones, keys, a leash, a water bottle, treats, and more! The front door on the trailer is designed with an adjustable, zippered, mesh screen layer, plus a zippered, clear vinyl layer to protect your pal from the elements. This bicycle trailer also has an over-sized sunroof for ample airflow and room for your pet to peak his out and look around. Best of all, it assembles quickly, folds down for easy storage or transport, and it has a removable and washable cushion to keep your pal comfortable on longer rides.
- Great for older pets, pets with joint problems, or for summer walks when the ground is too hot for your pal's paw pads.
- Your pet can easily enter through the zippered, rear door, and he can stick his head out and enjoy the breeze through the roomy sunroof.
- The safety leash and removable, washable cushion keep pets secure and comfortable on long rides.
- The 16-inch air-filled tires provide a smooth ride and are off-road capable (nothing too extreme).
- Assembles quickly and folds down for easy storage.
Gooseneck Assembly, Gooseneck mounting plate, Front wheel spindle assembly, Quick Release for Gooseneck, Parking Brake Assembly, Cupholder Kit.
These specially-designed wheel mounting brackets provide a wider wheel base and lower
center of gravity, which reduces the chance of the trailer tipping over. However, this risk is still present, especially when the dog’s center of gravity is high (standing position) and/or when their weight shifts rapidly to one side of the trailer. A common example is when the dog is standing while the bicycle is turning, and the dog loses its balance and leans heavily against one side of the trailer. To minimize this risk, always reduce speed before making turns, and adjust the leash inside the trailer so the dog’s center of gravity stays low.
Never tow the trailer without the hitch and hitch safety strap correctly connected! Always make sure the rear door is closed fully before towing the trailer.
Click here for the Solvit Stroller Conversion Kit.
See all items by Solvit