Sporn Static Cling Classic Black Aquarium Background
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Static cling background is the perfect touch to enhance your saltwater or freshwater aquarium.
- Easy to apply straight out of the package with cling design–no tape or glue needed.
- Adds depth and dimension to your aquarium by reducing background light and clutter from the surrounding room.
- Keeps unsightly stains, electrical cords, thermometers and filters out of sight and makes your aquarium accessories stand out.
- Small is 24 x 12 inches and medium is 36 x 18 inches; can be trimmed to fit a wide range of tanks.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Sporn Ancient Vase 2 Aquarium Ornament$19.15Chewy Price$27.98List Price
- GloFish Plastic Aquarium Plant, Green/White, Small$4.99Chewy Price
- Sporn 6-Piece Corner Column Aquarium Ornament$31.02Chewy Price$34.98List Price
- Zoo Med Betta Bed Leaf Fish Hammock, Large$6.99Chewy Price
- Tetra Pond Spitter Decoration & Aerator, Fairy$32.89Chewy Price
- Tetra Remote-Controlled Color-Changing LED Pond Fountain Set$65.00Chewy Price$72.09List Price
- SubstrateSource Cholla Wood Aquarium & Terrarium Driftwood, 4-in, 3 count$7.99Chewy Price$9.00List Price
- Sporn Star Polyps Coral Aquarium Decoration, Pink/Orange$10.99Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Sporn Tree Trunk Aquarium Ornament, Medium$43.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Large Diving Helmet Aquarium Decor$66.91Chewy Price$69.29List Price
- Underwater Galleries Sea Cave Aquarium Stone, Medium$14.95Chewy Price
- Penn-Plax SpongeBob Squidwards Home Aquarium Ornament, 6.5-in, bundle of 2$13.08Chewy Price$13.76List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate, Tropical Freshwater...|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
31 Customer Reviews
Very poor quality item .I purchased 2 of these just in case.(2 black).I pulled backing off 1st by myself and noticed white streaks after applying.tried 2nd one with 2 people separating backing very slowly and smoothly. Applied and lo and behold white streaks again. Save your time and money.
Better Than Expected
I bought this on a whim and out of curiosity. I must say that I'm impressed with it. Not a lot of backgrounds are setup in a way that makes it user friendly. This is static cling and outside of wiping of the tank wall and having a credit card and a pair of scissors you don't need much. It clings very well, goes on nicely and cuts easily. The backing has a grid system on it in inches so it makes it way easier to cut exactly the amount you'll need. Also, it comes rolled so once you have the edge started you can unroll and smooth it out as you go. I would not recommend this for anyone that wants utter perfection. There will be some bubbles, tiny but still. You'll be the only one that will notice them. Outside of the tiny bubbles this is a 5star product. Would recommend to anyone that wants to try a black background. If you love the black but hate the lil bubbles, than you can paint it.
Used it for snake enclosure but wish there was more on the roll
I used this static cling to black out the outside of my ball pythons enclosure, so that it feels more like a den for her. I only have a 20 gallon tank right now and I almost used all of it to cover the entire enclosure (except the front). So if I get a bigger one or if you have a bigger tank and use this for covering the sides and back you may not have enough with one roll. This is made for fish tanks, so I can understand. But I wanted to mention this in case anyone else buys this for the same reason.
The Color Isn’t Black
This was super easy to apply but it’s not black. It appears light grey or even blue, regardless of the lighting behind the tank. So bummed. Will definitely be replacing it.
plastic is thin and not black; coating of black is added to plastic and can crack/scar easily; final look reads more like dark gray than black. the lack of opacity like other backgrounds isn't as pleasing. if it stays put it can keep the third star...
seemed simple enough, but...
I followed the instructions to the letter but was left with a lot of mini air bubbles and marks. I tried to gently smooth them out with a piece of cardboard (instructions call for a razor), and it tore. I had it less than a day.
I really wanted to love this product. The idea of static cling instead of sticky substance on my tank is awesome. That part worked well. However, after applying the product and smoothing it out, I was left with a lot of tiny bubbles and a few mini tears that light can shine through. Because of the bubbles the background is not as black as I thought it would be. If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative for a sticky tank background you can give this a try, maybe you’ll have better luck than I did.
Black Static Cling Looks Great
I was a little skeptical about the black aquarium background but am glad I got it. It was easy to follow the directions, easy to cut, easy to place and line up, easy to get the bubbles out, etc. I missed one bubble but I actually have decided I like the look of it at the back of the tank and don't feel it detracts from the overall effect enough to go back and do it again. I'm glad I bought it. I've gotten a compliment on how good it looks from the one person who has seen it.
This background is easy to apply with a spray bottle of water and a simple dollar store squeegee, if you do not already own one. I already have purchased others to do my other tanks! Looks great on the sides and backs of my 15 gallon as well as my 5.5 gallon tanks! Order it, you won't be sorry!
I love the background very aesthetic background for a simple tank. It gave me a little trouble to stick but eventually stayed on and didn't fall or move!