Starbar Trap 'N Toss Fly Trap
About This Item
- Special attractants contains multiple feeding stimulants as well as a fly attractant to entice and trap flies, mosquitoes, gnats and more.
- Insecticide-free design makes this trap safe to use around children, pets and livestock.
- Break-resistant plastic is sure to endure the elements and can hold over 10,000 flies before needing to be replaced.
- Easy-to-use design—just squeeze in attractant, add water and set up!
- Can be hung or placed on the ground and is perfect for pond spaces or any other areas where flies congregate.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealAbsorbine Ultrashield Ex Insecticide & Repellent Horse Spray, 32-oz bottle$24.99Chewy Price$34.59List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- DealAbsorbine Ultrashield Green Fly Repellent Horse Spray, 32-oz bottle$21.99Chewy Price$29.69List Price$20.89Autoship Price
- Farnam Tri-Tec 14 Fly Repellent for Horses, 1-gal bottle, bundle of 2$179.98Chewy Price$170.98Autoship Price
- Majesty's Flex Joint Support Wafers Horse Supplement, 30 count$27.00Chewy Price$33.95List Price$25.65Autoship Price
- Buckeye Nutrition Foal-Aide Vitamin & Mineral Paste Horse Supplement, 30-cc syringe$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Stride Animal Health Competitive Edge Amino Acid Recovery Pellets Horse Supplement, 40-lb bag$104.21Chewy Price$99.00Autoship Price
- AniMed Vitamin E & Selenium Crumblet Nutritional Hay Flavor Powder Horse Supplement, 2.5-lb tub$25.40Chewy Price$24.13Autoship Price
- Stride Animal Health ADR Powder Digestive Horse Supplement, 5-lb tub$93.68Chewy Price$89.00Autoship Price
- Vita Flex Pro Equinyl Combo Joint Formula Powder Horse Supplement, 3.75-lb bucket$73.83Chewy Price$145.79List Price$70.14Autoship Price
- AniMed Natural Weight-UP Weight Gain Powder Horse Supplement, 10-lb tub$68.93Chewy Price$65.48Autoship Price
- Vita Flex Equinyl Glucosamine & Hyaluronic Acid Joint Formula Powder Horse Supplement, 3.75-lb bucket$111.99Chewy Price$183.59List Price$106.39Autoship Price
- Farnam Next Level Joint Pellets Dog & Horse Supplement, 1.875-lb jar$53.26Chewy Price$74.39List Price$50.60Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredients: Z-9 Tricosene, Putrescent Whole Egg Solids, Trimethylamine...||Active Ingredients: (Z)-9-Tricosene 1%, Indole 0.2%, Trimethylamine 0.6%....||Water Based, Citronella Scented||Prallethrin, Permethrin, Piperonyl Butoxide...||0.25% Permethrin|
|Health Feature||Pest Control||Pest Control||Pest Control||Itch & Redness Remedy||Pest Control|
|FarmAnimalType||—||—||—||—||Cattle, Poultry, Pig|
Questions & Answers
20 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
163 Customer Reviews
Not for biting flies
I bought 10 of these for biting flies that are chewing our dogs' ears until they bleed around the edges. The small print on the directions, unfortunately, says, not for biting flies, and that appears to be correct. I have used Starbar traps with the same bait, but that open at the top, for these flies, with success. But these bottom opening disposable traps are catching very few flies of any kind. I've since found online that for biting flies, sticky traps are better. It sure would have saved time and money if it was made plain in the description that these Trap and Toss traps are not attractive to biting flies, which are the only flies we are concerned about. These do catch moths and an occasional wasp or hornet, and a few other kinds of flies. They've caught very little of anything though. The re-usable Starbar ones that open at the top work a lot better.
Leaks from bottom
I bought 2 of these and the first worked fine and started attracting flies immediately. The 2nd did not have the bottom on tight so when I turned it over to hang, the water started leaking. Of course the water smells really bad with the attractant. Just check the trap carefully to be sure the bottom is on tight.
Did not work
It was not difficult to set up but the flies were not interested in one bit to go near it. Waste of $$
Will not buy again.
I placed 4 traps within 3 to 10 feet of our stable's manure pile. Two were in the shade and 2 in the sun. All the traps were hanging approximately 2-3 ft off the ground. After 24 hrs, 3 flies were in one trap and 2 flies in another. After 6 days, each trap had about 10 dead flies inside. Our barn has 10 horses and the manure pile is 14ft x 20ft with alot of flies on it! These fly traps are useless for our barn and I will not buy again.
I purchased 4 of these fly traps because they claimed to be so effective and also safe to use around animals. I have a fly problem in my barn, where I am brooding some ducklings. I put one of these traps in there(hanging) 4 days ago. It caught exactly 3 flies and I had a duckling dead this morning that died of fly strike, the poor thing. So, no, I would definitely NOT recommend it because I think this product is USELESS.
I have 2 dogs that wander in and out during the warm months through the back door. The door opening has a magnetic netting (no screen door) and I NEVER have flies in the house. The flies love this trap and I have used these for the past 4 years. I make sure to keep them on hand since it seems like products that work, disappear from the store shelves. This product WORKS !!!!
Most effective fly trap I've found so far
We keep horses, donkeys, and cattle (12-14 total) in a pasture next to our house. Needless to say, flies are a problem during the warm months. I've tried many versions of fly traps and this one seems to trap the most flies. The attractant that comes with it works better than other brands or any homemade bait I've concocted. The one thing I DON'T like is that the traps are intended to be single use. That just seems so wasteful. So, when the traps get full, I flush the dead flies out with a garden hose and reuse the traps until the plastic cracks - usually after one season. (If you do this, be forewarned that rinsing is a gross job and the dead flies stink!) I refill using Starbar attractant sold separately for their reusable traps (1 packet can be split between 2 of these traps). I do wish Starbar would make a truly reusable trap that has the same efficient bell-shaped design! If you try these and aren't having much success, be sure to try moving them around (higher vs lower, sun vs shade, etc.).
Best FLY trap EVER
BEST EVER awesome photo this is an average catch I have filled 5 others over the last year
These fly traps are so great. Much better than the sticky paper that gets stuck in my hair or on chickens in the pen. You have to hang them. They won't work if you don't hang them because the hole is on the bottom.
For use outside
The description needs to include "for use outside". This is not stated clearly until you look further into the information.