Suitical Recovery Suit for Dogs
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Comfortable, stress-reducing alternative to the traditional cone is recommended by vets.
- Snug fit with rear fastening prevents the pet from wiggling out; can be pulled back for potty breaks.
- Covered areas are kept clean and dry, which prevents bacteria and dirt from causing an infection.
- Made from a non-toxic, breathable, 4-way stretch fabric that is machine washable for reuse.
- Allows air to circulate around the wound for healing, with built-in pockets for gauze pads.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Surgi Snuggly Wonder Suit Post Surgical Healing Dog Suit, Large Long$33.95Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- CALM PAWS Calming Recovery Dog Vest, Small$38.99Chewy Price
- Tulane's Closet Cover Me by Tui Adjustable Fit Short Sleeve Dog Pullover, Puppy Print, X-Large$38.75Chewy Price$39.95List Price
- Tulane's Closet Cover Me by Tui Adjustable Fit Short Sleeve Step-Into Dog Onesie, Blue, XX-Small$13.89Chewy Price$28.95List Price
- Alfie Pet Noah Lion Dog & Cat Recovery Collar, Large$22.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- Calm Paws Basic Inflatable Dog Collar, Medium$13.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price
- KONG Cloud Collar for Dogs & Cats, Large$31.45Chewy Price$36.99List Price
- Alfie Pet Noah Sunflower Dog & Cat Recovery Collar, Small$22.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- Comfy Cone E-Collar for Dogs & Cats, Black, Medium$24.74Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- SunGrow Post-Surgery Soft Cone Dog & Cat Recovery Collar, Pink, Medium$11.95Chewy Price$15.99List Price$11.35Autoship Price
- Comfy Cone E-Collar for Dogs & Cats, Tan, Small$18.91Chewy Price$20.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Medium Breeds||Extra Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Health Feature||First Aid, Itch & Redness Remedy, Recovery||—||Recovery||—||First Aid|
|Material||Cotton, Natural Fabric||—||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Cotton, Natural Fabric||—|
Questions & Answers
64 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1117 Customer Reviews
Better than the Cone
I have an 80 pound German shepherd male who had the prophylactic gastropexy surgery and neutering at the same time. This suit covered the staples and stitches, preventing him from licking and pulling. It was easy to put on but note that it does stretch after wearing awhile. I just washed and dried it daily for a snug fit. I tried the cone and the Kong cloud collar. This suit worked best because it allowed him to eat and drink normally. I tucked the suit in when he went potty. The measurement suggestions are true to fit!
Really needs a better size chart
My dog's back length is 15 inches, meaning he should have fit easily into an XXS based on the size chart, but it's tight everywhere else and getting it on him is a PROCESS. Otherwise it seems designed well, and the snap loop to tuck the onesie out of the way for when your dog needs to go do their business is a VERY clever feature. But again, way too tight for my barrel-chested shih tzu based on misleading measurements.
Our Shiloh Shepherd had a spleenectomy. He would have to wear the dreaded e collar. This was recommended to me so the vet put the recovery suit on him. The vets where I go use these and love them very much. It is breathable and his incision healed beautifully. It did not bother him at all. I needed this quickly and as usual Chewy got it to us in one day. I highly recommend the recovery suit and Chewy is the best in everyway.
I ordered a size a size too big and texted Chewy. They were so gracious and credited me back for my purchase and told me to donate it to a shelter. Then I ordered another size which also was just a little too big. My fault, not Chewy's. So I donated both to a local shelter and they were happy to get them. If I had gotten the right size it definitely would have been perfect and kept my pup from having to wear a cone.
This worked great
I ordered XS for my 10 pound poodle, and it fit perfectly. There is a little hole in the back that allows him to poop easily. The material is nice and stretchy and was easy to slip on. He looked like a little diver in a wet suit! Haha I preferred this over a DIY T-shirt because I knew he would be able to get around it
My Border Collie was neutered and needed to wear a cone. He hated it. I ordered this suit from chewy and it came in two days. It is soft, was true to the measurements, easy instructions and easy to get on and off. My dog is very happy to get rid of the Cone of shame. I would highly recommend this product.
Working Great So Far
My dog was neutered a few days ago and had been wearing an inflatable cone. He still was able to reach his incision and lick it while I wasn’t home. I figured that this would work much better. Arrived with in two days. My dog is a mini goldendoodle and he is 26 pounds. The small+ fits perfectly.
Arrived in less than 24 hrs, Amazing!! Ordered large for tall sheltie. I didnt want it snug. Great idea and concept. He seems comfortable and refused the cone. He Opened his wound several times and ate 1 coat off. 1 thing I dont like is the extremely thick neck. It is a turtle neck. It seems to much especially for a dog with alot of fur. We are on day 2. Hopefully this helps him heal. So far so good.
Better than wearing a cone
The suit prevented our dog from licking stitches on her tummy after removing a tumor. She didn't mind wearing it. Easy to unsnap for going out to potty. My only complaint is the material stretches out over time and a couple of times her back legs got caught inside the material in the back leg holes while sleeping. Our dog wore it for over 2 weeks. It is a Great product and we highly recommend it.
Used Post Spaying
Bought this for my 15 month old lab instead of using a collar. Generally works as advertised. I think I would measure more carefully with one size smaller than what I bought. It would be nice to have more adjustment options, specifically something to cinch up any slack after snaps are used.