Summit Clear-Water Barley Straw Pond Treatment
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Barley Straw||—||—||—||—|
|Fish Type||Koi & Pond Fish||Koi & Pond Fish||Koi & Pond Fish||Koi & Pond Fish||Koi & Pond Fish|
About This Item
- Micro bale of barley straw keeps pond water clear and is safe for all fish, plants and animals.
- Works naturally without the use of harmful or synthetic chemicals.
- Byproducts are released as it decays that aid in maintaining water clarity.
- Lasts for up to 6 months and treats up to 2,000 gallons of water; use continuously for best results.
- Each bale should last around 6 months but a new bale should be placed in the water at least one month before the old bale is removed.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Aqueon Betta Bowl Plus Water Conditioner, 4-oz bottle$3.60Chewy Price$5.99List Price$3.42Autoship Price
- API Tap Water Conditioner Aquarium Water Conditioner, 64-oz bottle$21.77Chewy Price$39.28List Price$20.68Autoship Price
- Tetra EasyBalance Plus Freshwater Aquarium Water Conditioner, 16.9-oz bottle$4.99Chewy Price$11.09List Price$4.74Autoship Price
- DealAPI Pond Stress Coat Water Conditioner, 1-gal bottle$73.98Chewy Price$103.48List Price$70.28Autoship Price
- Tetra EasyStrips 6-in-1 Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Test Strips, 100 count$19.19Chewy Price$37.49List Price$18.23Autoship Price
- EcoBio-Block EcoBio-Stone with Beneficial Aquarium Bacteria, Medium, 2 Pack$34.57Chewy Price$74.56List Price$32.84Autoship Price
- API Stress Coat Aquarium Water Conditioner, 32-oz bottle$20.99Chewy Price$29.48List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- API Pond Simply Clear Pond Water Clarifier, 32-oz bottle$29.98Chewy Price$41.98List Price$28.48Autoship Price
- Instant Ocean Reef Crystals Reef Salt, 200-gal$63.98Chewy Price$99.69List Price$60.78Autoship Price
- Dr. Tim's Aquatics One & Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria for Reef Aquariums, 2-oz bottle$15.63Chewy Price$21.29List Price$14.85Autoship Price
- Dr. Tim's Aquatics Ammonium Chloride Solution for Cycling Aquariums, 2-oz bottle$5.39Chewy Price$5.12Autoship Price
- DealAPI Algaefix Algae Control Aquarium Solution, 16-oz bottle$16.99Chewy Price$23.78List Price$16.14Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
61 Customer Reviews
I love these!
I have spend almost 2 years fighting with my Koi/Golfish pond being too murky. I have used numerous "natural" additives that have never really worked. I put one of these straw bundles in on April 8 and today is April 27. I didn't notice any difference until today ( the package says to give it a month to begin working). I wish I would've taken a before photo, but trust me when I saw that you couldn't even see the fish unless they were right at the surface. I see a huge improvement already and it hasn't even been a month yet. I had to get at a weird angle to take the photo because of reflections, but you can see my fish several inches underwater towards the top of the photo. I'm impressed already and can't wait to see if it continues to improve in another month. For reference, my pond is odd shaped but is approx. 3x8 and differes from 1-3.5 feet deep in places, and I used one bale. I bought the 2 pack so that I could double them up if I needed to but I'm going to wait and see how this one does and maybe have the other on hand for next year. I did have it sink once,after 2 weeks, but I scooped it out let it dry in the sun and placed it back in the next day
Algae problem disappearing
Excellent service from Chewy!! Product as described and noticed pond is clearing up daily. Would advise to tie them with string as they do sink and have to be dried out. Otherwise great product.
To early to review Just ordered 2 packages . I'll need more before I can review
Barley be the best!
It works sings my pond and koi -Houdini, Wheezy, Darwin & George. Give it a try!
I have a couple of 350gallon tanks with fish and have begun using one bale in each. After a week or so the difference is dramatic. I can see the bottom.
NOPE NOPE NOPE DONT BUY
I like the idea of natural cleaning process for my pond that are chemical free and safe for all the critters that call my pond home. But this product does now work. The directions say place barley straw bundle gently on the ponds surface and let it float around and if for some reason it sinks to take it out place in a dry spot so it can completely dry and then place back in the pond. It also states that the product will not work properly is it is completely submerged. So I followed the directions. I do have a fountain but I separated the pond in half with a pool noodle so that the fountain would not affect the bundle. But the bundle keeps sinking even though it is calm water it sinks. The first time I was like" ok maybe it was the wind" so I took it out and dried it in the sun and placed it back in the pond. Next day it was setting at the bottom of the pond. I did this for 3 weeks until I just gave up. My pond is under a gazebo and if is safe from rain so I know the rain did not drench it and cause it to sink especially since it only rained once in the weeks I tried to use it. I really love the idea of this product and I am sure it works great but maybe the manufacture should attach a small Styrofoam float to either end of the bundle to keep it above the water. I am going to do this with my other bundle and see how that works.
I was grateful for it's availability. I had been trying to get it from my regular supplier for a long time. I was impressed by the size. It was much larger than I had previously used. I use it in a large tire water tank for livestock. For some reason this tank has a reoccurring moss problem. I think it will do a good job. But it is a little to quick to confirm.
My barrel pond was very murky and this product cleaned it up in a few days. I did arrange a plastic bag around the bar so I could remove the scummy stuff as it spread easily if you moved easily back into the water when I moved the bar. So glad I found something that works. My fish are happy too.
Stops the slime
Works great in our fish pond along with Algeflex and a UV light and regular cleaning no more out of control algae !
Seems to be helping
We got these because we were having koi problems and did everything we could to help the water quality. Since we threw so much at the problem I'm not sure these were the answer but I think they are helping keep the water clear. I plan to use them every summer.