Summit Mosquito Dunks Larvae Control Tablets
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Mosquito dunk spreads a bacterium that kills larvae before they grow up to become biting adults.
- For use in any standing water including rain barrels, bird baths, koi ponds, tree holes, stock tanks, planter reservoirs and rain gutters.
- Deadly to mosquito larvae but harmless to other living things with the active ingredient Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis (Bti).
- When females lay their eggs in water treated with the dunks, the larvae will hatch and eat the bacterium.
- Each dunk covers up to 100 square feet of water, regardless of depth for 30 days or more; for less water a portion can be used.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Underwater Treasure Aqua One 5-In-1 Maintenance Kit$9.99Chewy Price
- Underwater Treasure Seapora Volt-Control Titanium Grounding Probe$12.99Chewy Price
- Lee's Aquarium & Pets Cone Worm 4-Way Aquarium Feeder$7.43Chewy Price
- AquaClear Quick Filter for Powerheads for Polishing Water, One Size$9.49Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- Aqueon Algae Cleaning Magnet for Aquariums, Large$29.99Chewy Price$34.49List Price
- Tetra Pond Waterfall Pump, 3600-gph$106.04Chewy Price$227.09List Price
- AquaClear Powerhead Water Pump, Size 30$29.68Chewy Price$60.99List Price
- Summit Mosquito Bits Larvae Control Granules, 8-oz pack$10.55Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Summit Mosquito Dunks Larvae Control Tablets, 20 count$18.00Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Penn Plax Silent Air B10 Aquarium Air Pump$14.14Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- JBJ Aquarium Accela Submersible Powerheads Aquarium Pump, 166 GPH$19.99Chewy Price
- Current USA eFlux Wave Pump Manifold HUB$19.95Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Koi & Pond Fish||Koi & Pond Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater|
|Aquarium Type||Pond||Pond, Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
32 Customer Reviews
Breaks up too easily clogging my fountain pump.
I read the reviews on this and thought I would give it a try on my 3-tiered barrel fountain. The instructions guide you as to how much to place in the water so I broke the ring into quarters and placed one piece in the bottom base of my fountain. It floats on top of the water and began breaking up into little "beads". I cannot verify whether these are working when my fountain pump is off during the night or not because I have seen many mosquitos flying around near the fountain during the morning hours. Also the beads are clogging my pump. I like the fact that they are harmless to fish/birds/etc., but will give it time to see the end results. They are fine in my bird bath but I never had an issue with mosquitos in that anyway as I change the water frequently and have a spray for that. I am on the fence with these but have the entire package to see actually if they work through the summer months. I will update my review if needed.
Protect Yourself Against Mosquitos
These dunks are great for bird baths, rain barrels, watering cans, and any catch basin on your property where mosquitos can lay eggs and hatch.
it works. no more bites. just drop a piece in water and you won't see larvae any more. follow package directions.
Love this stuff
I love the mosquito dunks! I throw some fresh ones in our pond once a month and it keeps my yard free of mosquitoes! Each spring we have an onslaught of mosquitoes, and that’s my cue to start my routine, they slowly diminish and at around one month later they’re gone for good (as long as I stay on the routine) They say on the label that they kill nothing but mosquitoes, and I love that!! I don’t want to hurt my fish or any other form of nature :)
Best product on market. Have a french drain with two drains that hold water. Tried many different products. The Mosquito dunks do exactly what’s they are supposed to do.
Mosquito Dunk Larvae Control Tablets
Used (4 out of the 6 ) dunks in a relatively small flowerbed pond, but I am still experiencing mosquito issues on the patio, and still see more mature larvae in the water. I chose this because it said it would not harm other pond life (fish, frogs, etc..). But unfortunately, did not work as expected. I ended up getting a large net and swooping it through the water dumping the squirming larvae out in the grass for the birds to eat. HOWEVER, I DO love Chewy, their variety of products, and their responsiveness. I would definitely recommend them. They have quick mailing services, and excellent customer service.
Killed Larva in Drains! Yeah!!
We have large drainage system in our yard and found we didn't have as many fleas in our grass as we had mosquito larva in our drains. 20 bites on my legs in the hour I was out playing with our dogs...they were getting bit too, but I couldn't find fleas on them! We sprayed our yard and still got bit. Well I ordered these little donuts, followed the directions and we do not breed mosquitos any longer. Wonderful stuff. Keeps our drains from being a breeding ground.
These work for my indoor bamboo plant
Had mosquito larvae and a quarter of one did the trick!
If you have a pond, you don't want it to be a breeding ground for mosquitoes! This product is the answer. Don't have to worry about my dogs getting heartworm from mosquitoes!
Works and easy to use!
I have birdbaths in my yard and not only is this easy to portion and just toss in but no mosquitos even after it being rainy and humid all summer. I at least know it's safe keeping water in the birdbath without a risk of breeding mosquitoes