SunSun HW-304B Aquarium UV Sterilizer Canister Filter, 150-gal
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Koi & Pond Fish||N/A, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish, Marine Fish, Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Bottom Feeder, Cichlid, Goldfish||Marine Fish, Tropical Freshwater|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Pond||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Saltwater, Freshwater|
About This Item
- Outside canister filters tanks up to 150 gallons with mechanical, biological, and chemical filter agents.
- Maintains healthy oxygen levels in your tank by aerating with a built-in spray-bar.
- Helps eliminate algae, cloudiness and harmful microorganisms like parasites with built-in UV sterilizer.
- Hose and various sized connectors are included for a convenient and easy setup.
- Cleaning it is easy with the drip-free shut-off tap; filters water at a rate of 525 gallons per hour.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- AquaClear Activated Carbon Filter Insert, Size 50$2.99Chewy Price$5.49List Price$2.84Autoship Price
- Penn-Plax Optimizer Pre Fish Filter$134.99Chewy Price$169.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Cascade Aquarium Bio-Floss Pads 700 & 1000 Filter, 6 count, Medium$10.92Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- Zoo Med Betta Clean Aquarium Filter$19.99Chewy Price
- Aqueon Large Internal Filter Replacement Cartridge, 2 count$9.29Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Eheim Classic 2215 Aquarium Filter, 95-gal$134.26Chewy Price$139.99List Price
- Underwater Treasure Seapora Filter Floss, 10-sq ft$12.49Chewy Price$13.42List Price$11.87Autoship Price
- Fluval Aquarium Underwater Filter, 15-gal$26.12Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- Fluval Edge Pre Filter Sponge, 1 Count$2.44Chewy Price$4.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Premium Underground Aquarium Filter, 20-gal$12.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Eheim Pro 4+ 600 Aquarium Canister Filter$294.97Chewy Price
- Aqueon QuietFlow LED PRO Aquarium Power Filter, Size 20,125 GPH$27.99Chewy Price$32.99List Price
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
35 Customer Reviews
got 2 canister filters
I picked up two of these filters second hand but new in box. I use them 1 of them in a 30 gallon mud turtle tank. The other in a 40 gallon tank with two African Side neck turtles. One the pump failed after a few months. I hooked up a regular pump inside the tank to continue to use it. The other has worked just fine. The filter media is poor and starts to fall apart with cleaning. Trying to find a media that works better is ongoing. No leaks it is quiet most of the time if it starts making noise a few pumps on the filter canister solves the problem. It is been a little over a year and the filter pump fail on one is my only problem no leaks on either. Water quality is good.
garbage pump don’t buy
Don’t waste your money. The UV light casing brakes immediately and then the lid starts leaking about a year in. And it’s impossible to purge air from so it’s super loud. Very disappointed
will leak all over
Sent 5 gallons of water all over my living room after the first week
Not enough media....leaked.
I decided to try something less expensive. Big mistake. It doesn't come with enough media to fully cover the trays which allows most of the water to pass by it. It was very noisy and sprung a leak after a few months....30 gallons on the floor. The plastic ring that holds the seal cracked. You get what you pay for.
So I have a 390 gallon Koi pond in my backyard and it was doing really well for a while with no filter just natural water movement and critters taking care of things then my dog started drinking out of it and jumping in it and being bad dogs LOL so I bought the sun sun filter to help reduce the amount of dirt and algae and things that they were creating in the pond this filter took a muddy murky nasty 390 gal. pond and turned it cristal clear in 2 days it's so amazing I was worried that because it was only rated for 150 gallons it wouldn't do a good job however I've had Sun Sun filters in the past and they've always done fantastic this one far exceeded my expectations and it was a wonderful price.
Great for the price
We have an outdoor stock tank pond in a covered area. I couldn’t get rid of the algae and the water was always cloudy. This filter was super easy to set up and within a week the pond water is clearing up to where I can almost see the bottom again.
Works fine- support from manufacturing lacking
Had this filter for a couple months now. Seems to be doing a good job on my 55. Arrived with one of the plastic screws that hold the hose brackets to the tank frame broken. Emailed the manufacturer for a replacement - no reply.
BEST FILTER I HAVE EVER OWNED. AQUARIUM HAS NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD.
Do your self a favor and buy something else, ANYTHING ELSE! U.V sterilizer died in less than a year. Tried cleaning the contacts, nothing. Priming this thing is next to impossible. It started leaking after 5 years. Bought new gaskets, still leaks. To the dump it goes. Good thing I always run a backup. My other 3 filters are Penn Place Cascades. Buying a new one of those. NEVER had a problem. Seriously, save your blood pressure and floor and do not buy this hunk 'o junk!
highly recommend this product
Love the new SunSun canister filter... easy set up with a little online tutorial (instructions should be made clearer in the manual.) I did purchase Plumbers grease separately for the rubber seals to hopefully keep them from wearing out...