Tetra Pond De-Icer, 300-watt
About This Item
- Heats up to melt a pocket of ice around it up to - 20°F in outdoor ponds and tanks.
- Makes an opening in the ice to allow trapped toxic gases to escape safely and keep your fish healthy.
- Thermostatically controlled winter survival solution shuts off after melting the ice.
- Comes with a natural stone finish so it looks great in any naturalistic pond environment.
- Works on an energy efficient 300 watts and is UL listed for safety; includes 15 foot power cord.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Aqueon Optibright Max LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 30-36-in$104.99Chewy Price$114.99List Price
- Coralife Marine Aquarium Clip-On LED Light$39.99Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- GloFish 8" LED Aquarium Light Stick, Blue$24.00Chewy Price$33.69List Price
- GloFish LED White & Blue Light Stick, 13-in, 1 count$25.25Chewy Price$38.79List Price
- Aqueon Optibright LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 48-54-in$86.29Chewy Price$104.99List Price
- Aqueon Pro Aquarium Heater, 50 watt$41.99Chewy Price$54.99List Price
- Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light, 36 - 48 in$174.50Chewy Price$219.00List Price
- Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 24-in$59.69Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- Marineland Hidden LED Aquarium Strip Light, 21-in$55.99Chewy Price$86.79List Price
- Tetra Pond 5 Watt UV Replacement Bulb, 36-watt$31.89Chewy Price$46.19List Price$30.30Autoship Price
- Current USA Satellite Freshwater Plus Aquarium LED Light, 48 - 60 in$159.85Chewy Price
- Marineland LED Fish Aquarium Light Hood, 20-in$50.08Chewy Price$60.89List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Koi & Pond Fish||Koi & Pond Fish||Koi & Pond Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish|
|Aquarium Type||Pond||Pond||Pond||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
28 Customer Reviews
Works well. Looks good and fish seem to like it. Very simple to use and the cord is a nice length that worked well with my pond setup.
The Tetra Pond De-Icer is exactly what I needed to keep the water open for the koi and gold fish . . . even in minus 20 degrees!!
My order came quickly.
This product works great for my pond size. It keeps a large area melted.
Just used, and in time for snow and freeze fish were moving well, and appetite up
This saved our Koi this winter!
For most of the winter we used a high output pump to keep our water from freezing, but we got a forecast for below 0 and didn't want to risk it. We ordered this, got it in before the big freeze came that was predicted. Works as it says!
These work great have been using them for years in several of my ponds plus they have a 3 year warranty.
Dead in the water
The deicer from Terrapins did well for two winters but did not make to its third year warranty. My electrician installed 2 twenty amp circuits for the pond and he said the heater was tripping the circuit. He demonstrated by plugging the deicer into the new outlet and it tripped. Then he plugged in his corded electric drill and it did not trip. He said the heater or its cord had a short. When I pulled it out of the pond I shook the head and it had water inside. How do I collect on the warranty?
So I put this in my small pond about 24 hours ago. The temperature outside is still in the mid 30s at night... And mid-40s and 50s during the day..so obviously, I put it in the pond a little prematurely, it however, raised the temperature of my 60 gallon water garden upwards of 85° F in 24 hours or less. Did not realize this until after dark tonight. I'm hoping that my fish are still alive after being exposed to such a huge temperature increase in such a short amount of time. I unplugged it and ran cold water from my hose to decrease the temperature down to about 70°. I will check on my fish in the morning during the daylight. I really hope they are alive. Given the reviews I keep reading tonight about this contraption, I'm wondering if it has a bad or highly inaccurate thermostat. Even the people that are ranting and raving about it for being a great product are uploading pictures of their ponds with 4ft or 5ft diameter holes of unfrozen water.... Product is only supposed to create 2-in diameter hole around itself... Meaning given the fact that this product is only about 6 in long and 4 or 5 in wide, people should not have anything bigger than a 10 inch diameter hole where ice does not form. I'm glad that chewy.com is sending me a new one without actually making me send back this one as I'm still probably going to use it in the same 60 gallon pond (that is only 2.5ft deep deep) and put it on a timer on the nights that it gets really cold and have it only turn on every 3 hours... for durations of 30 minutes to 1 hour along with the new one that hopefully works as it is supposed to.... As I was worried that I would need a submersible heater along with the replacement floating heater to keep the pond from freezing at the bottom. Just like I prematurely put this de-icer into the pond I prematurely gave this product three stars not knowing if the new one is going to have problems too. If I can change my review after the new product comes I will
My fish are so happy to not be frozen in. It is a very nice compact heater that does an amazing job.
Worked great for me
I waited until spring to write a review. I bought in the fall & had running all winter long. This worked great for me. Live in zone 6, and never had a spec of ice form across the entire 5 foot pond. On warmer days I unplugged otherwise the temp would climb above 50F. My pond is 5Lx5Wx3D (feet). My goldfish and myself pleased with the purchase.