Tetra Pond Vacation Food Slow Release Feeder Block Fish Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Gel-based food lasts for 7 days
- Vitamins and nutrients help support fish's immune systems
- Quality nutrition that produces less waste
- Gel feeder block won't cloud your aquarium water
- Encourages foraging behavior
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Aqueon Color Enhancing Goldfish Granules Fish Food, 3-oz jar$2.44Chewy Price$4.99List Price$2.32Autoship Price
- Tetra Pond Spring & Fall Diet Transitional Fish Food, 3.08-lb bag$44.00Chewy Price$45.59List Price$41.80Autoship Price
- dealTetra Pond Koi Vibrance Color Enhancing Sticks Koi & Goldfish Food, 2.42-lb bag$24.10Chewy Price$26.99List Price$22.89Autoship Price
- TetraMin Tropical Flakes Fish Food, 0.42-oz jar$1.97Chewy Price$2.99List Price$1.87Autoship Price
- Tetra PlecoWafers Complete Diet for Algae Eaters Fish Food, 3.03-oz bag$4.03Chewy Price$6.09List Price$3.83Autoship Price
- Tetra Pond Sticks Goldfish & Koi Fish Food, 3.53-oz jar$4.38Chewy Price$6.09List Price$4.16Autoship Price
- Tetra Cichlid Flakes Cichlid Fish Food, 2.82-oz jar$10.49Chewy Price$9.97Autoship Price
- Omega One Large Sinking Goldfish Pellets Fish Food, 7.5-oz jar$8.88Chewy Price$10.09List Price$8.44Autoship Price
- Aqueon Mini Cichlid Pellet Fish Food, 8.5-oz jar, bundle of 2$6.44Chewy Price$6.78List Price$6.12Autoship Price
- API Flakes Goldfish Fish Food, .36-oz bottle$4.19Chewy Price$3.98Autoship Price
- Aqueon Tropical Granules Fish Food, 6.5-oz jar$4.24Chewy Price$7.99List Price$4.03Autoship Price
- TetraMarine Saltwater Flakes Marine Fish Food, 5.65-oz jar$8.54Chewy Price$17.79List Price$8.11Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Daphnia, Agar Agar Xanthan Gum, Yeast Extract...||Corn Flour, Fish Meal, Wheat Starch...||Wheat Germ Meal, Corn Flour, Feeding Oat Meal...||Fish Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Wheat Germ Meal...||Wheat Starch, Corn Flour, Wheat Germ Meal...|
|Fish Type||Koi & Pond Fish, Goldfish||Koi & Pond Fish, Goldfish||Goldfish, Koi & Pond Fish||Goldfish, Koi & Pond Fish||Goldfish, Koi & Pond Fish|
|Food Form||Feeders / Blocks||Sticks||Sticks||Flakes||Sticks|
|Health Feature||—||—||—||—||Color Enhancement|
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
10 Customer Reviews
May not work as intended
Package is small and very light. Instructions say to throw in pond; however, it does not sink but floats. I have strong waterfall and chances are it would end up in filter bin. Fish would not be able to eat on something that floats/is not fixed. So squeezed tin container between side pond rocks with hope it stays when koi nibble. That’s if my koi come up to higher level to find it.
Everyone was healthy and happy when I got home
I have a 1000 gallon pond with a waterfall. I put two blocks total on opposite sides of the pond. After a week, I came home to healthy and hungry fish. I am very pleased.
Pond fish vacation feeder
This is so good. I am relying on friends to feed my fish since I broke my leg and can’t get out to feed them. They are well fed, even when others can’t be there. Great solution!
If I could give it a zero, I would have.
If I could give it a zero, I would have. I tried both of them and they both flipped upside down and I could not get them to stay right side up. I ended up throwing them both away. The fish never could get to the food.
works well exactly what I was looking for do you also have them in a 3 day weekend package?
Not for goldfish
Not for goldfish. Three 5 inch fish ate it in 6 hours
Feeding Pond Fish
First time I tried this, away for a while, upon return block was gone, and fish seemed very happy.
Effective, fish like these- there's a trick to make them sink!
I've used these first, in my 75gal indoor goldfish tank, which acts more like a small pond than an aquarium. As others have noted, sometimes these little food pans float, meaning land critters can raid your vacation food and leave your fish hungry, to excavate all your pond plants as Koi salad while you are away. You can't tell from looking at any individual block, if it will sink, or float - but you can test it in your kitchen first! Fill a large kitchen mixing bowl with water. Take the top film off the food pan. Place it in the bowl, and observe. If it doesn't sink after about 2 minutes, take out the pan, place the film back over the food, submerge the whole thing in your mixing bowl, and press down on the film. Not so hard the food squishes, but just enough to get air bubbles to escape! Remove the film under water, and see what happens. If it sinks, take the film and food pan out to your pond, and repeat the squeezing in the pond. The whole thing should burp only a few bubbles, and then sink for your fish to enjoy. If the pan still floats after kitchen squeezing, remove it, and puncture a couple sets of holes in the sides of the pan with a fork. Replace the film, submerge, then try squeezing again. The trapped air bubbles should escape, and the whole pan should sink. Remove the pan and film, go out to your pond, and you should get a sinking pan without additional holes. If the pan still floats after the hole punching, just try popping the whole food circle out of the pan, and see if it still floats. Nine of ten times I've done this, the food disc will sink. The one time it didn't, I removed it and cut it in half, and tried again...sank like the Titanic. The sole drawback for removing the pan altogether, means it becomes possible for one or two large, greedy fish to gobble the majority of the food, leaving the other fish hungry. Luckily, Koi and goldfish can go several days in a well balanced pond, without dying of hunger. They will consume surface landing insects, and nibble on your plants and algae growth, and just be a bit more pecking when you return.
I think the fish like it. Unfortunately, it floats, and the raccoons like it too. I'll have to think of some way to keep it away from the raccoons.
The service and care I was given by your staff was excellent. She was very friendly and made me feel that my business was really appreciated. I received the item in two days. I will continue to order my supplies from you. Thanks again for the excellent service.