Tetra PRO PlecoWafers Complete Diet for Algae Eaters Fish Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- All-vegetable sinking wafers ideal for bottom-feeding fish.
- 2-in-1 wafers feature staple diet and a concentrated algae center.
- High in the essential fiber your fish needs.
- Fortified food with vitamins and nutrients to support fish immune system.
- Won't cloud water when used as directed.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- TetraFin Floating Variety Pellets Goldfish Food, 1.87-oz jar$2.97Chewy Price$3.99List Price$2.82Autoship Price
- Aqueon Medium Cichlid Pellet Fish Food, 7.5-oz bag, bundle of 2$9.34Chewy Price$9.84List Price$8.87Autoship Price
- Tetra Pond Variety Blend Color & Vitality Enhancing Koi & Goldfish Fish Food, 5.29-oz jar$4.49Chewy Price$7.99List Price$4.27Autoship Price
- Tetra Pond Spring & Fall Diet Transitional Fish Food, 3.08-lb bag$36.82Chewy Price$45.59List Price$34.98Autoship Price
- Tetra Cichlid Flakes Cichlid Fish Food, 5.65-oz jar$6.80Chewy Price$17.79List Price$6.46Autoship Price
- Aqueon Mini Cichlid Pellet Fish Food, 8.5-oz jar, bundle of 2$6.44Chewy Price$6.78List Price$6.12Autoship Price
- Tetra Cichlid Floating Cichlid Sticks Fish Food, 11.30-oz jar$12.79Chewy Price$17.19List Price$12.15Autoship Price
- Tetra BabyShrimp Sun Dried Gammarus Freshwater & Saltwater Fish Food, .35-oz jar$3.99Chewy Price$3.79Autoship Price
- Tetra Pond Koi Vibrance Color Enhancing Sticks Koi & Goldfish Food, 16.5-lb box$95.29Chewy Price$129.09List Price$90.53Autoship Price
- Omega One Super Color 7-Day Vacation Feeder Block Fish Food, 1 count$4.59Chewy Price$4.36Autoship Price
- Omega One Super Color Flakes Tropical Fish Food, 5.3-oz jar$16.73Chewy Price$19.59List Price$15.89Autoship Price
- TetraMin Tropical Flakes Fish Food, 2.20-oz jar$6.96Chewy Price$8.09List Price$6.61Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Wheat Germ Meal, Feeding Oat Meal, Corn Starch...||Wheat Germ Meal, Feeding Oat Meal, Corn Starch...||Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Wheat Germ Meal...||Fish Meal, Wheat, Rice Flour...||Whole Fish Meal (Whole Salmon, Herring & Other Mixed Fishes), Whole Wheat Flour...|
|Fish Type||Bottom Feeder, Tropical Freshwater||Bottom Feeder, Tropical Freshwater||Bottom Feeder, Tropical Freshwater||Bottom Feeder||Bottom Feeder, Tropical Freshwater|
|Health Feature||—||—||—||—||Immune Support|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
115 Customer Reviews
Level up from the traditional wafers
I find these sink faster and cloud less than the original wafers. Everyone in my tank likes them (pleco, rainbow shark, catfish and even the balas). My only gripe is the artificial colors in these. The fish don’t know (this coloring is for the humans that care for them) just use natural colors.
I have used this product for years just recently included in my autoshipments.
My algae eater is 7 inches long. He loves these little treats.
Fed for at least 18 years, same dude
He was about 2" when I got him in 2004. He is/was 12" long. Getting kinda crooked cause he's old. I believe the only reason he didn't get bigger because he is only in a 40 gal tank. He's nicely plump, I feed him one wafer every other day except Sun/Mon.
My pleco is hungry
My poor pleco is acting like he is starving! He is coming to the top to eat the other food with his tank buddies. I had been feeding him three of these a day, like his usually wafers. When I did a water change and vacuumed the bottom of the tank, I found the reason why. These wafers don’t ever soften up! He can’t eat them! I watched him today. He has been trying to eat one for an hour now! Good thing I have some zucchini in the freezer for him. I attached a photo. The chip is in his mouth, he is trying to eat it. Poor buddy. I definitely won’t get this kind again! The solid green ones were ok.
As Always Great
Thank you Chewy for always providing excellent service and great products! I highly recommend Chewy!
Hello, I have to drop a few of these in because my snail waits for these and my plecos have to fight over it with my large mystery snail lol. It’s a race!These are my primary food for my Algae eaters!
Cloudy water & fish won't eat it
I really wanted to believe the better reviews here, so I bought this for my common pleco and my siamese algae eater. Not only did they avoid these wafers like the plague, but none of my 5 food-greedy goldfish would touch them either! The food would sit on the bottom and swell up to a slimy, moldy puffball within a few hours that ended up clouding the water. I did a full water change (30 gallon tank) and gave the wafers a second chance, putting them in the tank to get the same results: super cloudy water and no food eaten. I had to do another full change and fed fish with other foods and had no problems afterward. I wish Chewy would accept exchanges or returns for this, as I had only taken about 8-10 wafers from the whole bag. I do not recommend this product.
Clouds my water but the fish like them
I got these because our usual brand was out of stock. The fish seem to love the taste but the wafers make a mess out if my tank for a bit. Tiny particulate everywhere. I won’t get them again.
Pleco likes it but they don't break easy
My baby bristlenose pleco likes it but they're so big and I only have the one pleco (in a smaller tank waiting till he can get bigger to go in with my Oscars) so I have to break it into smaller pieces and they don't break easy. That's the only reason I didn't give it five stars. When you break it they don't break in half the outside ring breaks off and your left with giving them the algae tablet or the green part. Had I known this I probably would have went with a different algae tablet while he was a baby until he was big enough to eat the whole thing. Thought I would share in case someone was looking to get these for a baby pleco.