ThunderShirt Classic Anxiety & Calming Vest for Dogs, Heather Grey
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Patented design applies gentle, constant pressure to calm anxiety, fear, and over-excitement. This gentle hugging produces a dramatic calming effect.
- Calms your dog during fireworks, thunder, separation, travel, vet visits, grooming, and much more with no training and no medication.
- Comfortable and easy on/off. Made of durable, breathable, soft fabric that is washable.
- Recommended by trainers and veterinarians to relieve stress-related behaviors such as jumping, excessive barking, and inappropriate marking.
- Proven effective in over 80% of dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- NaturVet Quiet Moments Chewable Tablets Calming Supplement for Dogs, 60 count$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- NaturVet GrassSaver Wafers Urinary & Lawn Protection Supplement for Dogs, 300 count$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Nordic Naturals Pet Cod Liver Oil Liquid Skin & Coat Supplement for Medium & Large Dogs, 8-oz$23.76Chewy Price$26.95List Price$22.57Autoship Price
- Surf City Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Black, Small$74.22Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- ThunderEssence Natural Essential Oil Aromatherapy Drops for Dogs, 0.5-oz$19.95Chewy Price$18.95Autoship Price
- Dog Fashion Spa Aromatherapy for Dogs, 0.35-oz$16.00Chewy Price
- Major Darling Chill Out Calming Salve for Dogs$24.00Chewy Price
- Nordic Naturals Pet Cod Liver Oil Liquid Skin & Coat Supplement for Large & Giant Dogs, 16-oz$39.06Chewy Price$45.95List Price$37.11Autoship Price
- Happy Hoodie Calming Cap for Dogs, Small & Large, 2 count, Pink$16.99Chewy Price
- ThunderShirt Polo Anxiety Vest for Dogs, Pink, Large$49.95Chewy Price
- ThunderCap Calming Cap for Dogs, Small$19.95Chewy Price
- NaturVet Quiet Moments Simulated Canine Pheromones Calming Spray for Dogs, 8-oz$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
45 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1083 Customer Reviews
Did not work for my Doberman
My trainer had recommended this for my hyper active 11 month old Doberman. We have tried natural supplements and medication from the vet. I can play with him all day outside and he just never seems tired out. Bones, puzzles, scent work, nothing seems to make him finally calm down. This calming vest did absolutely nothing. It was super hard to keep him still enough to put it on him and then i have to remove it every time he needs to go out to urinate. This is my second Doberman. I guess I will just have to keep researching ways to calm this fur baby a little bit until he grows out of it
Not too bad
My dog is high anxiety at all times. This vest seems to help him. I dont use it every day I try to save it for when we bring him places. It doesnt help his car anxiety from what I can tell so we no longer use it in the car but once we get to our friends house it does seem to mellow him out. I appreciate the thorough instructions that came with the vest. I feel confident that it is snug on him without hurting him or making him too uncomfortable. This has nothing to do with the vest but I hope it helps another dog My dog gets easily over stimulated and Ive found that if he has time in his kennel hes able to calm down a bit. I do my best to make his kennel a positive place and I never force him in I just guide him to it. His kennel is tucked into a secluded corner and I just let him mellow out. Usually after ten to fifteen minutes he seems better.
Amazing Thunder Shirt!!
Our dog Ziggy, has a terrible time with thunderstorms, fireworks, and gunshots. I had put the Thunder Shirt on him once when we got it last week. Today there were gunshots and his sister was barking and I put it on him just to see what he would do. I gave him a treat and then I didn’t really pay attention. This is a dog that normally would be under the bed shaking and you would know it because the bed was shaking. Amazing results-he was looking out the window to see what she was barking at then he curled up on the couch relaxed! He then went to the bed BUT he was on top of the bed instead of underneath I would recommend this to anybody!!!
This thing blew me away. My dog often gets spooked at night and barks into the yard endlessly because of hearing animal sounds and wind. She calms down when I massage her back so I figured this would work. We put it on and she immediately calmed down and within 15 minutes, she was calmly asleep. Later, she woke up and played in the yard at night without a care in the world. She didn’t bark the entire rest of the night, even once we took it off! I’m amazed. For reference, she is 50 lbs but has a thin build. The large fit her well. I think medium would have been slightly too small.
Works well with reactive dog
Oh my gosh. I bought this thunder shirt on a whim because I know my dog is very anxious. The majority of his reactiveness comes from fear, so I thought if I tried this it could possibly help. And it did! His first time wearing it, I had a surprise visit from a relative that my dog usually is shaking in fear over. He barks, growls, hides, etc. While wearing the thunder shirt, he didn't bark at all, came up to her and sniffed her, and let her give him treats! Every now and then I'll put it on throughout the day, and when I do- he falls right asleep. This shirt works 10x better than the adaptil stuff or the calming chews. It didn't solve his reactiveness completely though, just made it a lot easier to train through and handle. I would 100% recommend this, it is totally worth the money considering how expensive other treatments can be.
It helped my scary cat dog, Kai
Kai usually shakes and shuffles in bed every time she sees lightening or hears thunder. With the Thundershirt she was just shaking because of the lightening and we were able to console her under the blanket where she couldn't see lightening. She went right to sleep, as did we and weren't exhausted the next day. It rides up the neck a little so you need to watch that closely as to adjust, because she couldn't get it off in distress because of the tightness. But other than that, it's perfect.
Did not work for Bear
Had high hopes for this product; Unfortunately did nothing to calm Bear at home or on walks with startling noises and leash reactivity. Runs a little long along the back and shape could be improved to steer more clear of the crotch area.
This wrap really works!
We started hearing a little thunder off in the background. We out this wrap on Buster & went straight to his bed laid down. No trembling, shaking, no trying to crawl up under my feet or covers. This ThunderShirt is amazing!
Excellent Quality but No Calming Effect
This is made really well, and goes on easily. Unfortunately, not effective on my German Shepherd for his travel anxiety, thus the 3 stars, so we'll be looking for another solution, and I will request a refund.
Worked for my lil guy
I was very skeptical- willing to try anything for my 22lb 9-year-old mini schnauzer. I have to admit it totally relaxed him during storms and fireworks. Keeps in calm in one place. I'm super pleased.