Vetoquinol Pro-Pectalin Medication for Diarrhea for Cats & Dogs, 250 count
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Pro-Pectalin is an anti-diarrheal that helps maintain proper gut pH, supports normal digestive function, and aids in reducing occasional loose stools due to environmental stress or changes in diet
- Palatable liver flavor makes it easy to feed. Tablets may be given whole or at mealtime crumbled over food
- The unique combination of ingredients help soothe irritated intestines and restore the normal balance of intestinal bacteria
- Contains kaolin, pectin and a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms to sooth irritated intestines
- Also contains enterococcus faecium, which is part of the normal intestinal flora
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Vetoquinol Pro-Pectalin Medication for Diarrhea for Cats & Dogs, 30-cc syringe$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Probios Intelliflora Probiotic Dog Supplement, 30 count$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- Vets Preferred Advanced Medication for Diarrhea for Dogs, 8-oz bottle$13.95Chewy Price$15.95List Price$13.25Autoship Price
- Vet Worthy Medication for Digestive Issues & Diarrhea for Dogs, 8-oz bottle$7.59Chewy Price$7.99List Price$7.21Autoship Price
- PawMedica Probiotic+ Digestive Enzymes Probiotic Dog Chews, 60 count$17.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Nutramax Proviable Kit Medication for Diarrhea for Cats & Dogs, 15mL Small Dog & Cat$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- NaturVet Advanced Probiotics & Enzymes Plus Vet Strength PB6 Probiotic Soft Chews Digestive Supplement for Dogs, 70 count$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Vetnique Labs Profivex Probiotics 5-Strain Pork Pet Digestive Health Probiotic, Prebiotic & Fiber Powder Dog & Cat Supplement, 8.5-oz jar$29.99Chewy Price$39.99List Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Dr Woow Pre, Pro & Post Biotics Duck & Pumpkin Flavor Soft Chew Digestion Supplement for Dogs, 90 count$26.97Chewy Price$25.62Autoship Price
- Nusentia Probiotic Miracle Premium Blend Dog & Cat Supplement, 131g jar$39.95Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- Equa Holistics Total Digest Canine Probiotics & Enzymes Dog Supplement, 7.94-oz tub$154.06Chewy Price$162.17List Price$146.36Autoship Price
- PetHonesty Super Pooper Peanut Butter Flavored Soft Chews Digestive Dog Supplement, 90 count$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Per Tablet: Kaolin 1.00 G, Pectin 0.05 G Direct-Fed Microbials (Enterococcus Faecium) 0.6 Billion Cfu Kaolin, Sorbitol...||Loperamide HCL 2 mg||Active Ingredients: Oregon Grape root (Berberis aquifolium), Red Raspberry leaf (Rubus idaeus), Bayberry root (Myrica cerifera)...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Digestive Health|
|Food Flavor||N/A||N/A||Bacon, Meat|
Questions & Answers
34 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
224 Customer Reviews
Lifesaver when nothing else worked
My dog is on steroid treatment for cancer. About two months in she got bloody diarrhea that only improved to soft stools and would still have random diarrhea. She has been on Glandex for over a year (needed for anal glands, not stool formation), started continuous Proviable Forte at the first bout of diarrhea, and went through 3 rounds of the same antibiotic over a 3 month period. The last round of that antibiotic did not produce improvement like it had before. She was only stable on chicken/rice but it was taking a toll on her body as that’s not a complete food. We tried a prescription food to bridge her from chicken/rice to her normal food but that failed. We then switched food again and tried a new antibiotic. I was not seeing fast enough improvement (but did finish the course) and she continued to have loud gastric sounds and frequent, foul gas. She had been very regular and non-gassy her whole life. I asked my vet about this product and while they were doubtful it would improve things they agreed I could try it. It improved her stools to normal within 48 hrs and that was 4 months ago. She still gets these tablets 3 times a day and loves them (but she loves all food). The tablets are scored in half and just about an inch in diameter. I cannot recommend enough to ask your vet about ProPectalin. In our case it has been a true lifesaver.
Antidote for antibiotics
After 2 weeks, the probiotics seem to be "curing" the long-term antibiotic "cure" for the original disease. Stools are firming up and appetite is back. I gave this product a '3' rating only because the tablets are huge - too big to force feed. And, as with 99% of 'chewable' tablets, my dogs do NOT like to eat them. I finally discovered I have to mash them to a powder and mix with raw hamburger. That works until doggy isn't so hungry. Could we please have a flavor that discriminating eaters actually EAT?
My Aussie has a sensitive tummy. Upon completion of heart worm treatment, he had severe diarrhea. Within 48 hours of taking this product, his stool was back to normal. I would have given it 5 stars except my dog takes exception to the taste. So we may go back to using the liquid version.
Helps her tummy
We use to buy Purina Fortiflora every time she had bad poops but it didn’t seem to always work. Decided to try this and 10/10. She is 37 lbs so we give her two. We also have a puppy who gets it if his tummy is off. It has so many tablets in their as well we won’t have to buy another jar for awhile.
Best for occasional diarrhea
Soft poop happens! I keep Pro-pectalin on hand for my dogs even when I travel, just in case. This is one of the most effective products on the market.
Very easy to give. Works very well. I have a rescue German Shepherd with a sensitive stomach on occasion. This is gentle on her stomach.
Helps with sour stomach
Have been using this for years. My first resource for loose stools. So easy to administer. The dogs want it as if it were candy. Using it along with a bland diet can solve the problem.
Great GI Supplement
Excellent supplement for dogs with loose stools and/or diarrhea. Pills are large and we crush them with a mortar and pestle, add warm water, and pour into her wet food. Her stools have been well formed and she loves the flavor.
stuff is amazing
My dog has had horrible diarrhea for a few weeks. Tried everything including changing food, chicken and rice diet, changed treats, pumpkin puree. Couldn't get it under control until we got this. Cleared up in 2 days. I'm giving her one every morning just to make sure we stay on track (she's 78 lbs.) She has nice solid poop now thanks to the Pro Pectin. What a miracle product!!
Works Well !
This helped my whole crew of dogs get relief.....Apparently all 5 got into something that created diarrhea in all....Was cleared up in a couple of days....