VICTOR Purpose Active Dog & Puppy Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Sourced and Made in the USA. Composed of 77% meat protein with premium-quality beef, fish and pork meals.
- Ideal for growing puppies, pregnant and lactating females, and dogs with high physical demands.
- Grain-free recipe for pups with allergies or sensitivity to grain.
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, protein and amino acids.
- Unique VPRO Blend promotes superior digestibility and immune system function.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- VICTOR Classic Hi-Pro Plus Formula Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- American Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$51.77Chewy Price$49.18Autoship Price
- VICTOR Purpose Nutra Pro Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$72.99Chewy Price$76.99List Price$69.34Autoship Price
- VICTOR Classic Professional Formula Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- VICTOR Classic Elite Canine Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$66.62Chewy Price$67.99List Price$63.29Autoship Price
- VICTOR Purpose Performance Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$61.99Chewy Price$64.99List Price$58.89Autoship Price
- Inukshuk Professional Dry Dog Food 26/16, 33-lb bag$63.99Chewy Price$60.79Autoship Price
- VICTOR Realtree MAX-5 PRO Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$64.99Chewy Price$67.99List Price$61.74Autoship Price
- VICTOR Select Yukon River Canine Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$72.99Chewy Price$76.99List Price$69.34Autoship Price
- VICTOR Select Beef Meal & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$52.99Chewy Price$55.99List Price$50.34Autoship Price
- VICTOR Select Ocean Fish Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$73.99Chewy Price$78.99List Price$70.29Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Beef Meal, Peas, Sweet Potato...||Lamb Meal, Chicken Meal, Potatoes...||Salmon, Potatoes, Peas...||Chicken Meal, Blood Meal Conventionally Dried, Whole Grain Millet...||Menhaden Fish Meal (source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid), Grain Sorghum, Peas...|
|Special Diet||Gluten Free, Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Natural, Sensitive Digestion||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Natural||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, Gluten Free...||Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health, Muscle Care, Vitamins & Minerals...||Muscle Care, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health...||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Lamb, Poultry, Meat||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
39 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
413 Customer Reviews
Great dog and puppy food!
I just adopted a goldendoodle puppy and already have a 50 lb mixed breed young adult dog. Both dogs love this food! I'm able to use it to train them! They think it's fantastic! Their poops are solid and compact but not too hard. I'm thrilled to have found this food! I also love that it has no gluten or dairy since I'm allergic. My puppy is a bit gassy but she seems to have a food allergy that I'm working to figure out. She isn't itching after eating this food, so that's a plus! She's at the tail end of the food transition. Hopefully soon she'll quit being gassy. She's only 9 weeks old at the time of this review. I am aware that peas as a main ingredient in dog food can contribute to reduced taurine bioavailability and cause enlarged heart so I will be working to add foods as a topper or daily treat that include taurine to counteract the possibility of CDM.
Great food, smells like fish food....lol
Little black bites that smell like fish food, but Lola loves it!!!! She had issues after we moved I was going to take her to a vet then a friend gave me some of this, she is all better now!! So it's good for the sensitive stomach and they love it!! Win win in my book, just wish it came 50 lbs for that price.
Best food by far
I have done a lot of research in dog foods as my oldest (now 6 year old) had extensive bowel surgery/removals when she was 1. We wet the food for her for easier digestion and add a digestive aid to help her break down the food as quickly as her bowels process the food so she gets the most out of the nutrition that this band offers. I stick with grain free as she doesn't need the fillers. Waste of space anyways for her needs. I am very satisfied that she can maintain her weight with this food. We have been using this brand for a couple years now and are very pleased. My dogs would eat this dry but I know that some of your dogs may not. Just add water and let it soak for 5 to 10 minutes, it will open up an aroma they will just love.
We were pleasantly surprised that my son's mature dog and my husband's puppy both love the food and are thriving.
Finally a food that works
The breeder originally recommended this brand. Being a first time pet parent, I of course did not listen lol. I have tried several puppy foods now (and one adult food... first time pet parent mistake #2). My puppy would eat certain ones a few times, then just starve herself a day or two until she was so hungry she had to eat more. Obviously not good for something growing so fast. This forced me to use wet food, but that was not a habit I wanted to deal with for a decade. Low & behold, this food finally worked. She eats it plain, the entire recommended feeding too. I do add salmon oil as a supplement too. I dislike that it has chicken in it, since she has sensitivities to it. But at this point, just having her eat a normal diet is way more important to her health than avoiding a certain ingredient. I will deal with that once her growth levels off. I recommend this brand for picky eaters.
Pup did NOT like this brand
Well, I did a ton of research on the best dog foods, as I have a [large silver lab] dog with food sensitivies, gut issues, and skin issues. The ingredients seemed good, so I ordered a bag of this and transitioned my pup into it. He did NOT like it and would absolutely not eat it. This is unfortunate, as it took a LONG TIME for the bag to be gone - and it was expensive. When we transitioned him to American Journey, Pup would eat the AJ food and leave the Victor. Not sure if he's a picky thing or if this was just gnarly-tasting.
2 dogs down
This is the second time I've tried this food. I wanted to like this brand. I've only heard good things from breeders, The first dog last year wouldn't touch it and this Second dog hasn't stopped having horrible runny stool. Our vet has recommended sensitive food for this Newest dog.
Perfect dog food
My dog Kevin is a 7 lb yorkie/bichon puppy. He gobbled this up. His fur has started looking very glossy and his energy level has gone up since starting this food
I took in a rescue March 9th. Turns out she was pregnant. May 3rd, she had 6 beautiful, healthy puppies. I put her on Victor Food when she came here to live with me and I truly believe this food gave her such healthy, strong puppies. I switched her to the Active Dog & Puppy type and she looks so healthy. I can not say enough good things about what this food has done for my precious girl and her babies. At 2 weeks old, their coat is already full and slick! These are small breed dogs. My daughter raises Plott hounds and told me about this food! AMAZING!
Dry dog food
My greyhound has GI issues with grains and chicken/turkey. This brand Victor is grain free and he loves it. Healthy, shiny coat and no GI upset.