Wagner's Safflower Seed Premium Wild Bird Food, 5-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Give songbirds and smaller birds a chance to enjoy your feeder with quality safflower seeds
- These seeds are a Cardinal all-time favorite food, and is also loved by chickadees, titmice and grosbeaks
- You can use this seed to discourage squirrels by gradually filling your feeder with Wagner's Safflower and then mixing in your favorite Wagner's premium bird food blend
- Great for tube or platform feeders, or on the ground
- Resealable bag ensures freshness
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Harvest Seed & Supply Wild Finch Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$12.95Chewy Price$12.30Autoship Price
- DealPennington Premium Select Blend Bird Food, 20-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Lyric Supreme Wild Bird Food, 20-lb bag$22.50Chewy Price$35.99List Price$21.38Autoship Price
- Kaytee Cardinal Wild Bird Food, 7-lb bag$10.39Chewy Price$17.27List Price$9.87Autoship Price
- C&S Woodpecker Treat Suet Wild Bird Food, Case of 12$20.03Chewy Price$26.89List Price$19.03Autoship Price
- C&S Peanut Delight No Melt Suet Dough Wild Bird Food, 11.75-oz tray, case of 8$9.98Chewy Price$13.89List Price$9.48Autoship Price
- Kaytee Birders Blend Wild Bird Food, 16-lb bag$22.99Chewy Price$26.53List Price$21.84Autoship Price
- Kaytee Supreme Dove Food, 5-lb bag$5.53Chewy Price$9.71List Price$5.25Autoship Price
- Wagner's Sunflower Hearts & Chips Premium Wild Bird Food, 6-lb bag$15.98Chewy Price$15.18Autoship Price
- Kaytee Sunflower Hearts & Chips Wild Bird Food, 8-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$26.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- DealWild Delight Deck, Porch N' Patio Wild Bird Food, 20-lb bag$56.41Chewy Price$59.99List Price$53.59Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply Red Berry & Nut Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$12.95Chewy Price$12.30Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Safflower Seed.||Black Oil Sunflower Seed, White Proso Millet, Cracked Corn...||White Millet, Canary Seed, Sunflower Kernels...||Striped Sunflower Seed.||White Millet, Cracked Corn, Red Millet...|
|Bird Type||Wild Bird, Cardinal, Chickadee, Grosbeak, Titmouse||Wild Bird, Cardinal, Chickadee...||Wild Bird, Finch||Wild Bird, Cardinal, Jay, Titmouse, Woodpecker||Wild Bird, Cardinal, Chickadee...|
|Food Form||Birdseed||Seed & Grain Blend||Seed & Grain Blend||Birdseed||Seed & Grain Blend|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
213 Customer Reviews
Love the convenience
It is not always easy to find Safflower seed in the local stores. Yet it is one of the only seeds that squirrels don't like. My cat loves to watch the birds feed outside the window and this product only attracts the birds.
birds don't like
For some reason my cardinals who usually love safflower seed are not eating this by Wagner. It's been 3 weeks and no seed has been eaten!! I had a friend tell me the same thing happened to her. Crazy. But I'm glad the birds have sense to know something is wrong with it!!
Chewy, Chewy, Chewy, Chewy, I love Chewy. Chewy has been a favorite of mine for awhile. Excellent customer service delivery and always fresh products.
Great for Cardinals
Love Cardinals and they love Safflower seeds and Black oil Sunflower seeds. I love to feed the bird I have a Courtyard garden and feed lots of birds.
the only seed to put out
IF you are tired of squirrels stealing it all, rats raiding your feeder, Safflower seed is for you. Rodents don't like it, birds love it and it is nutritious for them. If it's the only thing in your feeder, all you will see is birds. The rodents are more than happy to go visit the neighbor with sunflower seeds and millet in their yards to tear their feeders apart.
Joy of the neighborhood
My wild birds, wild geese, pet geese, pet ducks, squirrels, raccoons love these seeds. I spread a mixture of seeds in boot trays, large flower pot trays or in small piles on the ground ; also feeders and platform feeders. We enjoy watching God’s wonderful gifts.
So upsetting, bought this so unwanted big birds would stay away, the only birds at my feeders are the blackbirds, jays, catbirds, etc. No small , no cardinals, red-wing black bird, no finches. So upset.
Still in the try out stage
This is my first time using Wagner's brand. There seems to be trash in the bags I got. Sticks , lumps of something that was not seeds. Hoping this was a one time time thing, but I bought two bags and it was in both.
Good quality. Chewy delivery was excellent as always.
I previously was using the wild bird deluxe bag (light blue). The squirrels loved it. Switching to this seed resulted in the same number of birds and no squirrels.