Customer Reviews

Rating: 3.6 of 5 stars 23 Reviews 23 Reviews 3.7 out of 5 Stars

70% Recommend

70% of reviewersrecommend this product

Rating: 3.6 of 5 stars 3.7 / 5

You've Already Reviewed This Item

Wisdom Panel Breed Identification & Health Condition Identification DNA Test for Dogs

Wisdom Panel Breed Identification & Health Condition Identification DNA Test for Dogs

  • Most Helpful Positive Review

    Read All 14 Positive Reviews

    Chewy was great

    By Lisa on Aug 4, 2021

    I bought two of these a few months back was very pleased. Results were expected and a few breeds mixed in was fun. However we have another pup so bought a new one for her. In a few months everything on embark had changed could not activate this one according to embark they no longer use the verification I bought two of these a few months back was very pleased. Results were expected and a few breeds mixed in was fun. However we have another pup so bought a new one for her. In a few months everything on embark had changed could not activate this one according to embark they no longer use the verification code. Chewy went above offering to mail out another one. I refused and after some more choice words to embark they activated it . Just need to stay on the company not chewy. … more

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report
  • Most Helpful Critical Review

    Read All 9 Critical Reviews

    DNA testing

    By Cycledoc on Apr 25, 2021

    Received results. A bit disappointing. 62.5% between 5 breeds. The other 37.5% a mixture of breed types. Basically let’s me know I have a mutt

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report

23 Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 23 Reviews

  • 4 out of 5 stars

    Chewy was great

    By on

    I bought two of these a few months back was very pleased. Results were expected and a few breeds mixed in was fun. However we have another pup so bought a new one for her. In a few months everything on embark had changed could not activate this one according to embark they no longer use the verification code. Chewy went above offering to mail out another one. I refused and after some more choice words to embark they activated it . Just need to stay on the company not chewy.

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report
  • 3 out of 5 stars

    DNA testing

    By on

    Received results. A bit disappointing. 62.5% between 5 breeds. The other 37.5% a mixture of breed types. Basically let’s me know I have a mutt

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report
  • 1 out of 5 stars

    innaccurate

    By on

    i was beyond excited to get this test as i know the breed of my dogs mom but not the father, when i received my results i was confused as it didnt even list the mothers breed and it was very vauge. My dogs results were American Staffordshire Terrier and asian sporting dog.... her moms a shepard soo that threw me off i reached out to them to see if i could either get a refund or re test her as it was totally possible i messed the sample up i was told no and that they would contact me in 16 days.. it has now been over 20 days.. also look at the attached photo of my dog the results they gave me IS A JOKE

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report
  • 1 out of 5 stars

    Total Rip Off. Don’t Waste Your $$$$

    By on

    Results came back 50% inconclusive. 25% mini poodle. 25% mini Weiner dog. That’s it. Seriously??!?

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report
  • 1 out of 5 stars

    do not trust!!!

    By on

    I dna tested 4 of my dogs, all seemed good until I bought one for one of my dogs puppies and the results were nothing like the parents results from the SAME COMPANY

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report
  • 3 out of 5 stars

    Surprised at Results

    By on

    I was confident that my dog was miniature pinscher/chihuahua. The results showed something totally different: 25% Australian Cattle Dog (????); 25% Dachshund; 12.5% Korean Jindo (?????); 12.5% Parson Russell Terrier (?????) and 25% mixed breed groups. Was totally shocked at these results and am not sure how accurate they really are. A lot of these dogs are larger dogs and she is only 15 pounds full grown. Doesn't look like any of the breeds mentioned except the mixed breed ones. However, I received my results VERY QUICKLY and the tracking was amazing.

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report
  • 2 out of 5 stars

    Ummm... not worth the money

    By on

    Honestly the kit really didn't inform of much. Wasn't worth the money.

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report
  • 5 out of 5 stars

    So glad I bought this test!

    By on

    My boys are rescue pups and the results were fascinating. First, the breeds were surprising but when you look closely and don’t just take the breed given from the rescue organization it starts to make sense. The physical characteristics they called out were 100% accurate and uncommon. As far as the health indicators one person complained that it was not a guarantee of future illness-but no kidding! But what it can do is tell you if there is a marker you can monitor to prevent or mitigate health issues later in life and what a blessing to do that for our loved ones. I also found the chewy price with free shipping to be the best or equal to all other websites and frankly I love chewys customer My boys are rescue pups and the results were fascinating. First, the breeds were surprising but when you look closely and don’t just take the breed given from the rescue organization it starts to make sense. The physical characteristics they called out were 100% accurate and uncommon. As far as the health indicators one person complained that it was not a guarantee of future illness-but no kidding! But what it can do is tell you if there is a marker you can monitor to prevent or mitigate health issues later in life and what a blessing to do that for our loved ones. I also found the chewy price with free shipping to be the best or equal to all other websites and frankly I love chewys customer service so prob would have bought here even if it was more expensive. I highly recommend this to know your pups even better. … more

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report
  • 5 out of 5 stars

    So Interesting as well as reassuring

    By on

    I decided to get this test done after losing two of my beloved Mini-Schnauzers to cancers when we got a new puppy. I just wanted to know what we might be up against in the future so we could take extra precautions in advance (food, vitamins, etc). The information that we received with this test is so interesting as well as informative. We were very reassured that we not only have a very healthy puppy, but we learned new things about how to keep him that way. Highly recommend this test.

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report
  • 1 out of 5 stars

    Probably a hoax

    By on

    I feel like an idiot. The results came back with 6 breeds and 3 groups. Five of the breeds are common to shelters. My dog has a distinct coat color and habit that only comes from one breed....and they missed it. He might be part of the other breeds they listed...but they missed the obvious...which means ...they didn't do a thorough test. The health things say he is clear of 152 markers...but some could mutate. All of the language for the results waffles. In the appearance section they got two WRONG (including coat color), two right (but they are common), and two were too vague. I could have gone to a fortune teller - been fed the same line and pay way less.

    You liked it! Something went wrong. Please try again later. Report