If you want to know the most you can about your precious pup’s genetic make-up and potential health concerns, the Wisdom Panel Health Breed & Health Identification Dog DNA Test Kit makes it easy to find out. With this simple kit, you can swab your dog’s cheek, send it off in a postage-paid box and discover your dog’s genetic background in just 2-3 weeks. It’s traced back to the great-grandparent level with over 250 breeds detected, including almost all of those recognized by the AKC. You decide whether you want the test to be run for mixed-breed, designer or purebred. All of the tests include a predicted weight profile and information about the most common traits your pooch may exhibit. As an added benefit, you’ll receive results for over 140 disease-causing genetic mutations including disease descriptions and an indication of their potential level of severity.
- Detects over 250 breeds, types and varieties including 99% of AKC-recognized breeds; traces three generations revealing your dog’s genetic background.
- Screens for over 140 disease-causing genetic mutations and provides data on disease descriptions and an indication of their potential severity.
- Provides adult weight prediction and information on common behavioral traits your pup is likely to exhibit.
- No need for blood testing at the vet—DNA cheek swab identifies dog’s ancestry so you better understand your dog’s unique appearance, training needs, behaviors, and health/wellness needs.
- Customized report provides family tree going back to the great-grandparents and will indicate whether it is a purebred, mixed-breed or designer dog; electronic results are available in 2-3 weeks.
Instructions, DNA cheek swabs (for use on one dog), drying insert for swabs, and a pre-paid shipping label and box.
See all items by Wisdom Panel