Wysong Optimal Performance Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Organic Chicken, Turkey Meal...||Chicken Meal, Organic Chicken, Turkey Meal...||Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Barley, Whole Grain Rye...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols)...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oats...|
|Special Diet||Low Glycemic||Low Glycemic||Low Glycemic, Non-GMO, With Grain||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free...||Low Glycemic, High-Protein, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, High-Energy, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Diabetic Support, Digestive Health||Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health||Digestive Health, Immune Support|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Extra Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Turkey, Poultry|
About This Item
- Suitable for all life stages from puppies to adult dogs
- With freeze-dried shreds of organic chicken mixed in, this holistic dog food offers the benefits of raw feeding and superior kibble in one package
- Contains very low levels of carbohydrate, low glycemic index, multiple organic ingredients
- Unsurpassed levels of enzymes and probiotics, natural omega-3 : omega-6 fatty acid ratios, a superb spectrum of micronutrients, including life stage specific nutraceuticals
- Made in the USA!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Horizon Pulsar Grain-Free Pork Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$62.99Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- Tiki Dog Aloha Petites Fish Luau Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 3.5-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Sport Dog Food Active Series Bird Dog Whitefish Formula Flax-Free Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$68.95Chewy Price$65.50Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Sensitive Behavioral Plus Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$27.99Chewy Price$26.59Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Behavioral Diet Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$86.99Chewy Price$89.99List Price$82.64Autoship Price
- Black Gold Explorer Ocean Catch Formula with Salmon & Whitefish Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$64.08Chewy Price$60.88Autoship Price
- Black Gold Explorer Beef Meal & Barley Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$53.23Chewy Price$61.19List Price$50.57Autoship Price
- Black Gold Explorer Game Bird Formula with Turkey & Quail Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$72.94Chewy Price$69.29Autoship Price
- Black Gold Explorer Timber Ridge Formula with Beef & Venison Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$59.23Chewy Price$56.27Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Line Colon Diet Phase 1 Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$51.99Chewy Price$52.99List Price$49.39Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Depura Fish Diet Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$32.39Chewy Price$36.99List Price$30.77Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Depura Diet Lamb Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$89.99List Price$78.84Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
18 Customer Reviews
Not as palatable as other Wysong products
Our dog was raised on Wysong's puppy food and Adult dry kibble. When product shortages affected the availability of the standard Wysong Adult food, we opted to try this Optimal Performance food. Our dog has never turned his nose up to anything we put in his bowl. He typically devours his meals within 1 min of being let loose. While he ate the first serving of this without delay, he has left food in his bowl each subsequent feeding and now refuses to eat this food unless we mix it with wet food or meat broth. I would not recommend purchasing this product, but do like other Wysong products.
Couldn't find a higher quality food for my dog, can you.
Bought my first puppy, wanted to give her the best. After some searching I found Wysong. Top quality ingredients, price beats direct from company ordering. Quick delivery, had my order in less than a week with standard shipping. There standard food beats most premium dog foods, there Optimal performance is off the hook on protein. One down side, all the dry food are small pellets. My boxers jowls seem to hold some and drop out later, so sweeping around the feeding area is needed if she doesn't clean up after herself.
Our dog likes it! It isn't greasy or smelly. It isn't like cardboard. It's in small kibble and she likes it mixed with her wet food which is easy. The ingredients are very good.
OLD DOGS HOOKED ON IT
Discovered Wysong about 15 years ago, as an experimental purchase to try to find SOMETHING that our 2 picky eaters wouldn't abandon before the bag was gone... we've never turned back. The few times we ran out & tried to substitute "store" kibble literally resulted in dramatic whining by our very picky min. border collie!
Our two whippets LOVE it!
We needed a very high protein, high quality food for our very very active two whippets. It's pretty hard to find a dry food with 50% protein like this one. We've tried several different brands, and so far this one has won out with our two girls. They LOVE this food. We have a "grazing" food policy when it comes to dry - we always keep their bowl full so they can eat it whenever they want (we give wet food twice a day in addition). They have never hesitated with this food. And the freeze-dried chicken is a yummy cherry on top! I highly recommend this brand and type for active dogs. It's been amazing for our two female whippets.
Alex didn't like this food at all unfortunately.
I tried to mix this with her Science Diet to slowly replace with this grain free Wysong. Every morning I would walk into the laundry room with ALL her food spread out on the floor in her attempt to sieve out the Wysong (which is an excellent food by checking the macronutrients. I wanted a high protein, grain free, high quality domestic food.) It looks like most dogs like this so I would give it a try.
I was very impressed - my dog was not
I was extremely impressed with the ingredients in this food. It is a 5 star, meat based food (rather than plant based) according to an independent analysis and review resource. The first 4 ingredients are meats, I love that it's not full of peas - so many foods have peas in multiple forms; called "ingredient splitting" - a manufacturer trick to make it look like the food has more meat than it really does, and when combined, there may be more peas than meat, even if meat is the first ingredient. The remaining ingredients are high quality and canine bio-appropriate including pieces of raw freezedried chicken, there are no fillers and the food contains both pre and pro biotics. With 50% protein, I thought my dog would really love this food. Sadly, he will eat the raw bits but will only eat the kibble when mixed with both a rehydrated freezedried whole food (we use 2 different brands to include minimally processed foods for optimum health along with high quality kibble) AND another kibble. He will not eat the food alone no matter how hungry he is. This is an excellent food on paper but apparently does not appeal to my dog. Thankfully it's in a smaller bag so I've been able to get him to eat it only by sneaking a handful into his other foods and it isn't going to waste with this technique but, as much as I like it, I won't be buying it again because my dog does not appreciate it.
PERFECT MATCH FOR OUR BORDER COLLIE/BLUE HEELER PUP
We've had our 1yr old border collie/blue heeler pup on a high protein (freeze-dried raw infused kibble) diet since bringing him home at 3 months, but we struggled to find the right brand. He is sensitive to kibble size and tends to go for the raw pieces, leaving the kibble behind. We stumbled on this brand after visiting a new pet store in our area. The ingredients are pure and our pup LOVES it. Kibble is smaller and not as hard. We took 3 weeks to transition the food. Protein is almost double than what we were giving him before. He now eats 2 times a day instead of 3 and went from 3 1/2 cups/day down to 2!!
Great performance food - with added freeze dried raw clumps
I originally purchased this food for my young, growing pup - in an effort to introduce the Wysong line, and see how he did with this superior food. Turns out the pup is a picky eater, and he was suspicious of the freeze dried raw chunks. However, my intensely active 8yr old female, REALLY took to this formulation so she got to finish the bag Mr. Picky was unsure about. Distribution of the raw chunks is uneven; when you are measuring out your dog's meals, the lighter freeze dried parts will tend to "float" towards the top of the bag if large, or fall down to the very bottom if small. Scoop up some of those little pieces in each serving; add some water, and let the bits rehydrate. And watch your dog enjoy the meal! I don't really know if this would sustain weight on my very active performance teammates - mostly because we only purchased one bag. For my dogs, if only one is eating a 5lb bag of Wysong, a single bag lasts about 17 days - so determining a long term effect, isn't something we have tried yet. Wysong suggests rotating between different formulations and proteins, and suggests healthy additions of raw food. This formulation would be an excellent base diet, from which to supplement with raw foods.
Excellent Food For A Great Price!!!
My dog is prone to kidney stones. He eats Wysong Optimum Performance and Wysong PH plus supplement. He is doing great and he loves the food.