Zoo Med AquaSun Aquarium Timer
About This Item
- Automatically turns your aquarium lamps on and off for you by setting it once.
- Provides a natural day and night cycle for your fish and is completely customizable.
- Switch from “set it and forget it” timer option or constant power mode with an easy switch.
- Features LED indicator light, mode switch, one outlet, and safe 3-prong receptacle.
- Easy to use―just set the on and off times with the convenient dial and plug in your lighting.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealAqueon Optibright LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 48-54-in$86.29Chewy Price$104.99List Price
- DealMarineland LED Fish Aquarium Light, 11-in$35.39Chewy Price$57.79List Price
- DealAqueon Pro Aquarium Heater, 200 watt$45.99Chewy Price$61.99List Price
- DealATI T5 Coral Plus Aquarium Bulb, 24-watt$20.95Chewy Price
- DealLET Lighting 2x39W Miro-4 T5 High-Output Retrofit Kit, 36-in$71.95Chewy Price
- DealATI T5 Blue Plus Aquarium Bulb, 39-watt$21.95Chewy Price
- DealATI T5 Blue Plus Aquarium Bulb, 54-watt$23.95Chewy Price
- DealLifegard Full Spectrum Led Aquarium Light, Black, 60-in$226.68Chewy Price
- DealGloFish LED White & Blue Light Stick, 6-in, 1 count$29.99Chewy Price$31.59List Price
- DealCurrent USA Orbit R24 Bluetooth Dual (2x) Light System with Flex Arms$540.44Chewy Price
- DealSpaces Places Remote Control Submersible LED Fish Aquarium Light Set$46.93Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- DealZoo Med AquaEffects Model 2 LED Aquarium Light, 20-in$37.57Chewy Price$59.99List Price
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
9 Customer Reviews
Works well, not super easy to set up
The timer does its job, however it does not come with detailed instructions. You have to push down a series of pins around the dial to indicate which hours you want it to be on, set the dial to your current time, and then plug it in. It seems like if you don't plug it in at the exact time the dial is set, it will not turn on and off at the exact time you want it to (I set the dial for 4:00 pm and the "on hours" from 7am-7pm but didn't plug it in until a few minutes after 4pm and as a result my aquarium light didn't turn off until a few minutes after 7pm). It also only seems to work if you set it up during the time you want it to be on. For example, I tried to set it up after 7pm at one point and could not get it to work, which I think is due to a small switch inside the dial not being activated from the pins that are pushed in for the "on hours". The "on hours" not being accurate to exact times is not a big deal but a notice that the timer won't work unless you set it up during the "on hours" would have been nice. The product is very analog and not very intuitive but it works as advertised and would have been 5 stars if not for the vague instructions. Hopefully this helps someone and I do still recommend the timer.
does not work
I am very disappointed in this timer. No directions as previously stated. Timer does not work at all.
This product needs a specific type of outlet and you will not find that out until you purchase and open the packaging.
So easy and happy fish!
I love that I don’t forget to turn the light off and on!
Basic Timer But Bulky
The timer seems to be a pretty basic timer, but for twice the amount (which still really isn't much). My biggest issue is how bulky it is. It takes up so much space on the outlet it pretty much renders the second plug useless. I'm unable to plug another 3 prong appliance below this. I had to go get a much smaller timer and have no use for this one.
Excellent timer once you get it set up.
This timer is well made, works very well, and lasts longer than others I've tried. I've been using these for quite a few years. The only negative is the instructions which are written for a 24 hour timer (numbers 1 through 24), not an A.M./P.M. which, along with the black and white bands, makes set up a bit tricky.
For the low price I didn't expect much but this is a really nice, reliable timer. I bought one and am ordering 2 more for my other tanks. I would highly recommend this timer, just be sure that it is compatible with your light power source and plug it directly into the wall outlet, not a power strip! Thanks Chewy for making this affordable!
Works Great, but No Instuctions Provided
This item is very useful. It works just the same as a reptile timer. The only issue is that mine did not come with instructions on operating it. Luckily there's a video on YouTube for it! Definitely recommend!
Fast shipping and great product. My Betta Fineas is very happy with his regular day/night schedule.