Zoo Med ReptiSoil Reptile Soil, 10-qt bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Soil substrate for reptiles.
- Includes added carbon for aeration.
- Features a special blend of peat moss, soil, sand and carbon.
- Claw-fect for creating tropical set-ups, naturalistic terrariums and paludariums.
- Can be used to add ferns, bromeliads, miniature orchids, succulents or carnivorous plants.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Galapagos Sphagnum Reptile, Amphibian & Insect Terrarium Moss, Fresh Green, 4-qt bag$11.95Chewy Price$11.99List Price$11.35Autoship Price
- Reptile Prime Coconut Fiber Reptile Substrate, 24-qt bag$19.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Vita-Sand All Natural Vitamin-Fortified Calcium Carbonate Substrate, Outback Orange, 10-lb$8.97Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Zoo Med Reptisand Reptile Terrarium Sand, Desert White, 10-lb bag$16.00Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- Fluker's Hermit Beach Sand Substrate, 6-lb bag$7.33Chewy Price$9.32List Price
- Stroodies Leopard Geckos LitterBox, SandBar Tan, 2-in$3.55Chewy Price$4.00List Price
- Zoo Med Eco Carpet, 10-gal$2.71Chewy Price$6.99List Price
- Zoo Med Excavator Clay Burrowing Reptile Substrate, 10-lb bag$12.10Chewy Price$19.99List Price$11.49Autoship Price
- Zoo Med HydroBalls Lightweight Expanded Clay Terrarium Substrate, 2.5-lb$10.35Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- Zoo Med Eco Reptile Carpet, 40-gal$11.08Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Galapagos Tropicoco Coconut Soil Tropical Reptile & Amphibian Bedding, 8-qt brick, 3 count$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Forest Floor Natural Cypress Mulch Reptile Bedding, 24-qt bag, bundle of 3$96.87Chewy Price$99.87List Price$92.03Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||—||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber|
Questions & Answers
33 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
18 Customer Reviews
So far had no issues till last delivery apparently the soil had mites in it.
I have had great experience with this product. That is until last habitat cleaning. I clean my habitats very well and sanitize them. However two days after putting the purchased soil in I noticed tiny mites on the glass and all around the habitat. I used a reptile mite spray, unfortunately the mites have literally infestation in my 65 gallon habitat. My vet said to hold down the fort do what I can till I can do a major re-clean for my toad and tree frogs habitat. So now I have to get replacement bedding to go through the whole cleaning process again, and hope the pesky tiny white bugs go away. I guess I was lucky and just this time around one or more don't know which one of the three had this infested mess and once opened and put in the terrarium it multiplied.
I use this stuff for my crested gecko, russian tortoise (I mix his with other substrates), and my American toad. It holds moisture pretty good, but not too much. You can easily add some kind of moss if you need to keep your habitat more humid. No complaints with this product
I think the soil is nice but one thing I don’t like (which could just be me idk) the mulch has really small pieces which are like thorny .. they are super small. When I was planting plants in it for my terrarium I got little sticks in my fingers like rose bush thorns would.But other than that I have no complaints.
Dusty and dry
I use a mixture of coco fiber, coco husk and dirt for bedding. Now, I will only use Zoo Med ReptiSoil Reptile Soil in a pinch when I need it. I don't particularly like it. It's super dusty and doesn't hold water or absorb it well. I find dust on my reptiles, cage and lighting.
Great for Hamsters
My two hamsters are as different as any pair of animals could be, but both of them love this soil. It's soft enough for their little feet while digging, but it's not too dusty that it makes a mess or makes them uncomfortable, and they seem to love burrowing around for treats and enrichment toys. One of them doesn't even need extra nesting material, he just buries himself down in the soil and made a small tunnel under his hamster house. There is no smell to their cages anymore, too, which is something I've struggled with managing and tolerating in the past with wood or paper litter.
Great substrate for my savannah monitor! Works great for reptiles who love to dig plus it holds moisture pretty well too!
The only drawback about this substrate is that it is dusty, so it does get everywhere, but all the other benefits definitely outweigh this inconvenience. It's awesome for any animal that likes to burrow and it's soft so it won't damage their skin. It holds moisture so that a constant humidity can be kept. Definitely recommend this substrate!
Turtle likes it
We use this in our turtle’s dig box and she seems to really enjoy it. It doesn’t seem to clog her water filters as much as other dirts have in the past.
Good Soil for Redfoot Tortoises
When we moved back tot he mainland and had to keep the tortoises indoor for the winter I began using Reptisoil. Mixed with Eco Earth it in great for them to dig in and holds moisture well. At the end of winter when they go back outdoors it can be dumped in the garden and mixed in with existing dirt. Also good for potted plants. Great stuff.
Looks like my red footed tortoise likes it
Red footed tortoise seems happy with it and I'm happy with it