Zoo Med Wood Tortoise House
About This Item
- Complete tortoise home with natural fir wood sidings and metal components.
- Features a weatherproof, private sleeping area and lockable wire safety cover.
- Designed for indoor and outdoor use, so it’s perfect for the home or garden.
- Preferred by professional tortoise keepers with an expandable, modular design.
- Sturdily built home measures 36” in length, 24” in width, and 12” in height.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Zilla Micro Habitat Terrariums with Locking Latch Terrestrial, Small$22.54Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Tetrafauna Aquatic Turtle Deluxe Aquarium Kit, 20-gal$186.24Chewy Price$314.79List Price
- Zilla Micro Habitat Terrariums with Locking Latch Arboreal, Large$35.99Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- HerpCult Vertical Acrylic Insect & Reptile Terrarium, Small$45.00Chewy Price
- Zilla Tropical Reptile Terrarium Starter Kit with Light & Heat, 10-gal$74.99Chewy Price$89.99List Price
- Exo Terra Terrarium Screen Cover Clip Set, Large$2.80Chewy Price$2.99List Price
- Exo Terra Flat Home Reptile Faunarium, Medium$24.99Chewy Price$31.08List Price
- HerpCult Acrylic Insect & Reptile Terrarium, Clear Top, Medium$40.00Chewy Price
- HerpCult Two-Way Acrylic Insect & Reptile Terrarium, Large$112.00Chewy Price
- Exo Terra Aquarium & Terrarium Screen Cover, 20 - 29-gal$23.87Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- Zoo Med Natural Cork Tile Aquarium Background, 12 x 18-in$15.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- REPTI ZOO Mini Glass Reptile Terrarium Tank, 12 x 8 x 8$56.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Wood||Glass||Wood||Stainless Steel, Metal||Wood|
|Small Pet Type||—||—||—||—||Hedgehog|
Questions & Answers
21 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
76 Customer Reviews
Good but no guide holes
We’ve had this a couple of weeks and so far so good. My only reason for not giving five stars is there were no guide holes. Not a big deal if you have the proper tools are don’t mind winging it.
Summer camp for my Tortoise
The "house" was easy to put together, and I added a couple extra features. I put wire screen over the opening in the top since we have so many bugs here, and added a prop for the top to hold it open while I am cleaning the house. The tortoise seems happy with his new home.
Good product if you're patient.
Tortoise house showed up with no broken pieces, all screws needed were included (no extras). Assembly was easy after the first/second step. I only had two issues with this product, one of which was the strong wood smell which I had to keep the tortoise house outside for a few days to air out before moving my tortoise into it. The other is really a matter of opinion but the removable end piece made the box feel less sturdy on that end so I just screwed it together using a few screws I had laying about. My only other recommendations are that you don't use this product if you have a large species of tortoise cause the bigger they are the more space they need. It's a fine enclosure for a baby or juvenile tortoise but they will outgrow it.
Great house, strong wood fumes possible
We have two of these. They are easy to put together, look nice, and work great for their intended purpose. That said, if you need to use it asap beware of the possibility of a strong wood fume initially. The first one we bought had no fumes and we could use it right away, but the second one had a very very strong wood smell. There are no warnings about this in the pkg, but strong smells like that can be harmful to your tort or turtle. We had to let it air out a few days before we could use it.
Terrible Quality Not Worth It
I just received mine in the mail today and I am greatly dissatisfied with the quality. It is extremely fragile, some of the wood began to crack when the screws were being put in. The biggest problem so far as been that the wood is sanded in no way whatsoever, I got multiple splinters just putting it together
Perfect for my Russian Tortoise
This house was used for my russian tortoise as he was growing, he loved his time in there, it has a hiding space for when he was tired or done with socialization, and a living room area which he spent most of his time in. 1 is a bit too small for fully grown russian tortoise so by the time they get a lot bigger you should get 2 and connect them, but we just moved my tortoise into an outdoor enclosure altogether due to lack of indoor space and his preferences. Great quality, simple, easy and fun to put together, and a perfect starter home for a young tortoise.
It was easy to put together its alot of room for my tortise. It gives him a great place to hide. We put linoleum in the bottom for easy clean up and we don't have to worry about the wood getting wet.
Decent if it's not broke
I ordered two to put together for my two tortoises and one was broke I fixed it up enough to use but the price you pay you shouldn't have to fix it. The one that wasn't broke was alright.
I purchased this item and had the same thing happen as another recent buyer- splintered wood, no pre-drilled holes, the instructions and parts in the box did not match, and all the wrong screws were sent. Chewy was great in sending me a second, but the same thing again! It must be a warehouse issue... be advised you will need tools in case you end up making it do! I used what was in the box and built my second one and it eventually came out great lol Thanks Milwaukee power drill!
Would not recommend
Came with screws but no holes in the wood so we had to use an electric screw driver. The 1 piece of wood was about an inch too short so we had to use what was supposed to be the door for the side. This certainly wasn’t cheap to buy would never recommend anyone to purchase.