Richell Deluxe Freestanding Gate with Door for Dogs & Cats
About This Item
- Features eco-friendly hardwood construction with a natural, glossy finish.
- Constructed with a gate door opening that is 19.5-inches wide with locks at the top and bottom for extra security.
- Free-standing design allows for easy placement anywhere in the home, any time you need it.
- Rubber feet protect floor surfaces and prevent sliding with side panels that give added stability.
- Designed to fit doorway or hallway openings from 61.8 to 90.2 inches wide.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Steel 3-Panel Configurable Dog Gate, 30-in, White$76.05Chewy Price
- Etna 3 Panel Leaf Design Adjustable Metal Pet Gate, Brown$39.99Chewy Price$42.44List Price
- Frisco Metal Pattern Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$74.99Chewy Price
- Internet's Best Traditional Pet Gate, Espresso, 36-in$122.96Chewy Price
- Scandinavian Pet Retractable Dog Gate$99.99Chewy Price$109.99List Price
- Merry Products Gate-n-Crate Folding Convertible Dog & Cat Gate, 29-in$157.99Chewy Price
- Cardinal Gates XpandaGate Dog Gate, Black$136.31Chewy Price$169.95List Price
- Internet's Best Traditional Arch Pet Gate, Espresso, 36-in, 3-Panel$96.96Chewy Price
- TRIXIE Wooden Dog Gate, 63-in, Espresso Brown$93.99Chewy Price
- Unipaws 3 Panel Free Standing Dog Gate, Espresso, Large$89.99Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Richell Wooden Premium Plus Dog Gate$279.99Chewy Price$330.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Gate Feature||Walk-Through, Foldable, Locking||Walk-Through, Foldable, Locking||Foldable||Walk-Through, Foldable, Locking||Walk-Through, Foldable, Locking|
|Gate Type||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing|
Questions & Answers
27 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
88 Customer Reviews
Great freestanding gate
One of my neighbors has one of these on his front porch and recommended that I get one for my porch. My dog and I love it.
This gate is phenomenal. Though we normally leave it in a stationary place, it is incredible to have the ability to move it throughout the house as needed if company is arriving or if we need to keep our five pugs away from the front door. I know there have been a few comments about not being able to reverse the gate door, but you can reverse the positioning and so for us it has worked 110% perfect!
We needed a longer gate to section off part of our apartment. Spent hours looking for one. So glad I found this. Very well made and pretty easy to assemble. Looks nice too. We have two mini dachshunds who are a bit mischievous but so far they are respecting this gate and not trying to get over or thru it. It is very sturdy and even if both jump on it at same time it doesn’t move (we have it on carpeted area). They also tend to jump on it a lot less than the baby gates we use in other areas of the house. Not sure why but may be because the way the wire grates are designed. Not as easy for them to rest their paws on that. The little door built into in the gate is a life saver. No need to step over the gate. I read reviews about people having issues with dog figuring out how to open the door. The door seems to close securely but just in case, we use a little 10 inch bungee cord to secure if we leave them alone for any length of time. The bungee works great and is easy to add/remove as needed. Also love Chewy as if for some reason this didn’t work for us they have a super easy return policy. Would not have bought this from anyone else. Thanks Chewy!
Needed a Gate for the Patio
As mentioned in the Headline; needed a fence/barrier for the patio and I wanted something with a gate so family, myself included, could leave it up but still be able to use the stairs without having to either move it aside or straddle it. Working great. Easy assembly. Gate portion opens/closes easily. We live in Arizona and I worry this will not hold up under the intense heat and sun. Doubtful that it will. But my hope is that I won't need it for years to come; just the next 6 months while the puppy gets acclimated.
Excellent Product, just as the picture
the product is as the picture, the gate looks elegant, it is very steady and was very easy to assemble. Just what I was looking for.... I love the door, very easy to open and close... so convenient to pass from one area to another, I usually leave it open all day, just went we go out I close it so the dogs stay in the kitchen are where they can go out to the back yard through a doggie door.
I really like this item. Very sturdy, very versatile. Should stand up to ALMOST any dog. We have an unusually bullheaded Lab who figured out she could barrel through, but a little extra support has helped. We have 3 other Richell gates, great quality.
Nice gate with poorly designed door latch
We had high hopes for this gate, it looks and feels high quality, does not tip over, fits the 80” opening between our kitchen and family room nicely, and doesn’t mar the walls or wood floors. The big downside is the door - the latching mechanism is very flimsy and our medium sized dog (30 lbs.) can easily open it by jumping or just pawing at it for a few seconds. We are hoping to find some other latch that can be added to the door, otherwise we will zip tie it closed and then, of course, it will be useless. Luckily we do have another way to get between the 2 rooms via the dining room, but this is not ideal.
We needed a gate to cover a large opening and this sure did the trick. It looks great and is sturdy. The door is super helpful. The only complaint I have is that you can’t change the side the door is on. Unfortunately flipping it around wasn’t an option for us.
This was a great product. Well made and it is perfect for what I needed it for. It is surrounding my fireplace so my grandchildren can not fall on the cement and hurt themselves.
Best Dog Gate!
After researching dog gates for a few days, I decided to purchase this one. The reviews were great and now I know why! It was easy to install and fits perfectly. The gate allows for super easy access and even remains open if desired. It is well worth the price tag!