API Algaefix Algae Control Aquarium Solution
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Specially developed to help treat and control algae growth.
- May help to reduce the amount of maintenance your aquarium requires.
- Safe enough that it can be used weekly and will not harm your fish or plants.
- Effectively controls ldquo green water rdquo algal blooms and string or hair algae.
- Not for use in saltwater or with freshwater crustaceans and recommended for indoor aquarium use only.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kordon NovAqua Plus Aquarium Water Conditioner, 8-oz bottle$7.90Chewy Price$9.80List Price$7.50Autoship Price
- API Splendid Betta Complete Aquarium Water Conditioner, 1.25-oz bottle$5.10Chewy Price$5.39List Price$4.84Autoship Price
- API Stress Zyme Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Cleaning Solution, 32-oz bottle$33.08Chewy Price$38.69List Price$31.43Autoship Price
- API Pond Ammo-Lock Pond Water Ammonia Detoxifier$48.29Chewy Price$67.69List Price$45.88Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Betta H2O Conditioner, 0.5-oz$3.76Chewy Price$4.99List Price$3.57Autoship Price
- Fluval Biological Cleaner Water Conditioner, 8.4-oz bottle$9.99Chewy Price$15.99List Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Wardley Fresh & Salt Water Aquarium Conditioner, 4-oz bottle$1.42Chewy Price$2.97List Price$1.35Autoship Price
- Microbe-Lift Xtreme Aquarium Water Treatment, 8-oz bottle$11.61Chewy Price$11.85List Price$11.03Autoship Price
- Ruby Reef Kick-Ich NANO Formula Aquarium Water Treatment, 8-oz bottle$7.27Chewy Price$8.99List Price
- Ruby Reef Rally NANO Formula Aquarium Water Treatment, 8-oz bottle$8.11Chewy Price$8.99List Price
- Microbe-Lift Sabbactisun All-Natural Expellant Aquarium Bacterial Disease Water Conditioner, 16-oz bottle$19.59Chewy Price$22.95List Price$18.61Autoship Price
- dealMicrobe-Lift Parazoryne Parastic Disease Water Conditioner, 16-oz bottle$19.59Chewy Price$22.95List Price$18.61Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish||Goldfish, Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish...||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish, Bottom Feeder|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Freshwater||Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
29 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
61 Customer Reviews
Doesn't seem to be working
I have used it every three days since getting it and it hasn't made any difference. I can only add one mL at a time per the instructions and I don't want to harm my fish by adding more. I am also using a UV device designed to clear the water but it's not working either. My next step is to drain the tank and add all new, clear water then treat it and pray the green doesn't come back.
The first 2x I used this, I followed the directions exactly. I didn't really see much of an improvement. Maybe a little but nothing major. During a water change...my husband accidentally tripled the dose! Let's just say I have one very clear fish tank but nothing to look at. It was our fault and not the product but just a warning if anyone gets risky with the dose and thinking they should use more. It most definitely will kill the fish if you aren't careful!
My tank was awful with algae. Tried so many products but this one works! Will not be without it ever.
I have used several doses with no luck with keeping brown algae from returning.
Super clear tank in just a few hours!
Our fish tank started to get super cloudy and greenish/yellow colored and seemed to be getting worse. I ordered algaefix and in just 2 days I recieved it. The tank started clearing up 30 minutes after putting it in. In about 2 hours, my fish tank has never been this clear! My fish seem to be doing great also. I did not clean out the tank or do a water change since my levels were pretty normal despite the algae.
works like a charm!!
our fish tank was so cloudy and green. could barely see our 3 goldfish that we’ve had for 2 years. added the recommended drops of these to my tank and the water is much more clear. i still need to change the water but as i wait for my water pump, i am using this meanwhile!
Keep your pool clean
It keeps the algae in our fish ponds. When we don’t use it we have awful green algae in the water. It’s safe for gold fish too.
Have a 36 gallon bow front, added a little less than 3.5 ml per dosing instructions. Repeated 3 days later with a small water change because some of the fish seemed stressed. Algae started dying...but so did my fish!!! Have been cleaning off dead algae and done two more 30% water changes. Lost 75% of my bottom feeders and 3 top feeders. Will not be using this anymore. Quite saddened. :(
The tank looks great & all occupants are healthy. I will continue to use this product.
I had severe algae bloom after fertilizing aquarium plants, phosphorus level was treated to normal, no improvement, one slightly lower than recommended dose of Algaefix cleared the whole tank and everyone survived.