Calm Paws Recovery Caring Dog Collar
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
About This Item
- Made with a heavy-duty outer material that repels grime and fur.
- Soft material and calming colors on the inside of the cone provide a comfortable, cozy experience for your canine.
- Ideal for dogs going through the recovery phase after surgery or injury.
- Multicolored fuzzy fasteners secure the collar around your dog’s neck and allow custom adjustments for a range of neck sizes.
- The included calming disk releases lavender and valerian essential oil fragrances to help soothe your dog during recovery.
Use with Calm Paws Dog Cone Calming Gel Patch.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- The Petz Kitchen Sangre De Grado Powder Dog & Cat Supplement, 2-oz jar$8.00Chewy Price$7.60Autoship Price
- Pawtitas Fresh Mint Flavor Dog Dental Water Additive, 2-oz bottle$13.45Chewy Price$14.45List Price
- DealSentry Good Behavior Calming Diffuser Refill for Dogs, 30 day$16.49Chewy Price$21.99List Price$15.67Autoship Price
- PetAg EMT First Aid Spray with Bitrex for Dogs, Cats & Small Pets, 1-oz bottle$17.59Chewy Price$21.99List Price$16.71Autoship Price
- Walkin' Pets Hock Style Rear Leg Dog Splint, X-Small$45.50Chewy Price
- PetAlive RuniPoo Relief Dog & Cat Supplement, 2-oz bottle$26.06Chewy Price$39.95List Price$24.76Autoship Price
- Totally Wags Collagen Dog Supplement, 7.4-oz bag$17.95Chewy Price$19.95List Price$17.05Autoship Price
- Healthy Breeds Miniature Schnauzer Omega HP Soft Chews Dog Supplement, 60 count$19.92Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.92Autoship Price
- GNC Pets Hip & Joint Large Breed Dog Supplement, 120 count$33.22Chewy Price$49.99List Price$31.56Autoship Price
- Green Gruff Ease Hip & Joint Support Coconut Flavor Soft Chew Dog Supplement, 90 count$27.64Chewy Price$27.99List Price
- Davis TheraCoat Dog & Cat Supplement, 14.1-oz jar$19.95Chewy Price$22.25List Price$18.95Autoship Price
- PetAlive Pancreas Booster Dog & Cat Supplement, 60 count$35.16Chewy Price$39.95List Price$33.40Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Giant Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, Giant Breeds|
|Health Feature||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid||Calming, First Aid||First Aid|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
16 Customer Reviews
This worked for my dog
This is by far the best collar. I have a Cocker Spaniel and size medium worked for him.
Does not work
I used this collar and my dog was able to reach her injury with no problem. I tried a longer size, and still she was able to reach her injury.
Soft but worthless.
Sure its soft but my dog was able to lick his hotspot, its too short, unless you have a dog that has a short snout, like a boxer or pug it wont work. The calming disk smell was too strong for me so you know its too much for a dog.
Best cone we've found
We've tried many cones for my oddly shaped pup (bichon/poodle/silky terrier rescue mix, very short legs, very long body, and super muscular). This is by far the best. It is comfortable, flexible, and doesn't stress him out, as he has severe anxiety (I don't use the calming insert).
Best One Yet
With 3 dogs we’ve tried all sorts of cones of shame. The calm paws products are by far our favorite with this caring collar being our number one choice followed by there other blue hard collar. We’re not huge fans of the various donut collars as we’ve found they don’t offer quite as much protection nor do they hold up as well. With this particular collar it’s easy and comfortable for the dog to sleep and relax, to walk around,and to eat and drink...all while they can’t reach whatever part of their body you’re needing to protect, currently in our case it’s a ripped off front toenail. There’s two other popular brands of soft cones and we’ve found one of those to be extremely heavy and not as “bendable” and the other to be too floppy. This one is just perfect
If you have a 100lb rottweiler the large/x large DOES NOT FIT I hate this thing
Cannot recommend this enough!
This cone is amazing. I tried four different styles before we found this one and it was perfect. She seemed really comfortable in it and the velco strips made it easy to find the right fit for her. Really saved us in a pinch. And my local big box pet store carries them for nearly double the price. If you’re looking for a great cone at a reasonable price, this one from Chewy is the way to go!
did not work
I put it on Bailey and she just stood still for 10 minutes-afraid to move. I took it off and went back to the vet's cone. I think if the dog could see through the sides it wouldn't be so scary. I'll have to donate it to a shelter. I really wanted it to work!
Not for all recoveries
This worked great for my pups front paw injury. Because it's softer than the traditional "cone" she slept fairly comfortable in her crate overnight. Would not be ideal for back paws as someone else indicated in their review.
Best Recovery Cone
This was a lifesaver when my energetic Shepherd was spayed at 6 months old. By the end of it all, we went through 1 plastic cone, 4 inflatable collars and this cone. I would absolutely always go with this cone in the future. It is much more comfortable than the plastic cone and holds up better than the inflatable collars. Unless you’d have a dog with a very short snout (bulldog or pug) SIZE UP. We purchased both a medium and large, and although my dog was very lean and her neck size was in the medium category, the large was necessary for the length required to cover her snout. I appreciated that when my dog ran into me at full speed, it didn’t hurt or cut me like the plastic cone (and doesn’t damage the furniture or walls when they run into those, either). The soft material also prevents sound from echoing into the dog’s ears, which is part of why the plastic cone is so stressful. The Velcro makes the cone easy to put on. I was skeptical of the calming patch (it smelled very strong to me) but it seemed to chill my dog out a little. We also tried the inflatable collars, which worked great if we stacked two together, but she required supervision with these since she ended up popping the inflatable tube inside many times. Patching with a bike tube repair didn’t work on this. This soft cone allowed us to leave her at home or sleep through the night without worrying that she would chew up her stitches.