The Chicken Chick Hen Mating SaddleBy The Chicken Chick
About This Item
- Machine-washable and dryable for easy cleaning.
- Crafted to cover vulnerable areas such as the back and wings.
- Designed for the maximum protection, safety and comfort of your companion.
- Constructed using sturdy, lightweight duck cloth for long-lasting durability and comfort.
- Features double snaps for safety, extra-wide coverage, reinforced stitching and a camouflage pattern.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
3 Customer Reviews
This saddle makes up on protection what it lacks for in color and style choices. Covers my wings where my troublesome sisters have caused feather loss. It's fine for every day wear sturdy and comfortable. My mother hen intends to order another for Chickadee Chicken.
Easy to put on
The snaps made it easy to put on, but the one in the photo stays on better. I have one hen wearing the camouflage and one in the dress. The camouflage jacket had came off three times so far in the same couple weeks the dress has been on another hen.
I’ve purchased several types of saddles. This one is my favorite, due to it fully covering the tops of the wings, as well as the hen’s back. Other saddles only cover the hen’s back and that leaves the tops of the wings to be torn up. The material is sturdy and holds up well and the hens don’t seem to mind wearing it. The one negative is that the snaps, that snap under the wings, are plastic and will give out. They just stop holding. Other styles utilize metal snaps that last a lot longer. If I was crafty, I might try and figure out how to change out the snaps. Overall, I really like these. They just have to be replaced about every 6-8 months or so.