Coralife BioCube Aquarium Mini Ultraviolet Sterilizer
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Ultraviolet sterilizer designed to help keep your aquarium clean.
- Kills free-floating algae, microorganisms and harmful bacteria.
- Ensures your underwater buddies have a healthy place to swim.
- Features a low-voltage ballast and 5-watt bulb.
- Includes a universal adaptor for use with small aquariums.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Mag-Float Acrylic Floating Magnetic Aquarium Cleaner, Large$45.58Chewy Price
- Marina Flexible Tube Brush for Aquariums, 40-in$3.35Chewy Price$4.49List Price
- Marina Brush Kit for Aquariums, 3 count$6.56Chewy Price$7.99List Price
- API Extra Long Algae Scraper for Acrylic Aquariums$10.12Chewy Price$11.69List Price
- Marina Impeller Brush Set for Aquariums, 2 count$3.35Chewy Price$3.99List Price
- Marina Flexible Cleaning Brush for Aquariums, 1 count$3.31Chewy Price$5.49List Price
- API Algae Pad for Acrylic Aquariums, 1 count$4.19Chewy Price$3.98Autoship Price
- dealMicrobe-Lift Gravel & Substrate Aquarium Cleaner, 8-oz bottle$11.00Chewy Price$11.50List Price
- Tetra Water Cleaner Gravel Siphon Aquarium Cleaner$10.49Chewy Price$9.97Autoship Price
- Danner Manufacturing Pondmaster Eco Statuary Aquarium Pump, 55 GPH$16.58Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Coralife Luft Air Aquarium Pump$40.90Chewy Price$56.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Betta, Goldfish||—||—||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
22 Customer Reviews
Worked awesome for 2 months then died
I was initially very happy with the Coralife Mini UV sterilizers. Super easy to plumb into my nano tanks and seemed to control the algae quite well. However, I noticed an algae bloom happening on my saltwater nano tank and realized that the sterilizer was not on. I opened up the case and found the bulb was burned out. The exact scenario just happened with the other Coralife Mini UV sterilizer that I had on my freshwater tank. Both sterilizers burned out almost exactly 2 months from plumbing into my tanks.
Short bulb life - great while it lasted
This worked well to help with my dinoflagellate problem in my 14g biocube. Sadly, the bulb burned out after just 4 months of use, and the price for a replacement is practically the cost of a new UV sterilizer unit. At this rate, the cost of the bulbs make this a bad investment...
Probably good for small tanks..
The tank we own is a smidge too large to be compatible with this sterilizer unfortunately. My husband says we'd need an additional part in order to get it to to be usable in our tank and even so I don't know that it would be much use since this is designed for use in smaller fish tanks. Despite my lack of research into this before purchasing, I do think this is a brilllant product with a great use. I am curious as to the light bulb replacement issue that others have brought up. I will use this when we get a smaller tank and new fish! Product received for free in exchange for an honest review.
i couldn't figout how to use the Universal adapter
I could not figure out how to use the universal adapter to install on my none bio cube tank. I asked Chewy how, and the directions chewy sent me didn’t include how to install the adapter. I was unable to use it. I received this product in exchange for an honest review.
The sterilizer i never knew i needed!
I was given the opportunity to try this CoralLife mini ultraviolet sterilizer and have to say I am very impressed! I love the packaging and the sleek design, but what I am most please with is how clear my water is since I have been using. My fish also seem healthier and less disease prone. Would recommend. I received CashBack on this purchase and participated in a CashBack program.
A Sterilizer I never knew I needed
I was presented an opportunity to try the Coralife BioCube Aquarium Mini Ultraviolet Sterilizer and was really impressed on how much this product has cleared up the algae in my tank. My water is clearer and my fish seem to be less prone to disease. I love the sleek design and packaging. Would definitely recommend to any Hobbyist! I received this product as part of a promotion.
I’ve had bad hair algae issues for a year and a half and have tried everything. I’ve only had this for a couple weeks and so far it has helped. Water is noticeably clear and installation was very simple.
Can’t use Universal adapter
I was not able to use the Universal adapter on my non bio cube tank. I couldn’t find the directions for it and the video chewy sent me didn’t include the directions for the adapter
Small, but mighty sterilizer
The mini uv sterilizer packs a big punch in a small package. you submerge it in a small household fish tank and it kills all of the harmful bacteria. it takes care of all of your basic algae control and is soo easy to install! I highly recommend to anyone just getting started in home aquariums!
No more green!
It gets the job done. It was a little complicated to install. Had to have an aquarium maintenance expert help me put it in. But it’s only been about a week and there’s a HUGE difference in my bio cube. No more green!