Doggie Dooley In-Ground Dog Waste Disposal System, Plastic
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- An eco-friendly waste disposal system that uses enzymes and bacteria to turn waste into ground absorbed liquid. This system works like a miniature septic tank
- Simply dig a hole and place the system into the soil, great for all soil conditions except heavy clay, and add a Doggie Dooley Waste Terminator Tablet once a week
- The unit comes with a foot operated lid and plastic construction. It can hold the waste of up to two large dogs or four small dogs
- It’s an excellent way to dispose of pet waste and also helps keep lawns and play areas clean and sanitary. Some easy assembly is required. The environmentally friendly Doggie Dooley is harmless to pets, lawns, trees and shrubs
- The Waste Terminator Digester is a specially-designed blend of bacillus subtillis bacteria and protein enzymes which work to break down dog waste. These natural-acting bacteria are "mother nature's housekeepers" and work to break down organic waste in the environment
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Doggie Dooley Septic Style Dog Waste Disposal System, Steel$52.99Chewy Price
- Ubbi Dog & Cat Wipes Dispenser$13.49Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- Doggie Dooley Waste Terminator Powder, 13-oz$18.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Doggie Doo Drain Pet Waste Removal$49.50Chewy Price
- PawPail Dog & Cat Waste Station Mounting System$34.94Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- PawPail Dog & Cat Waste Station$129.99Chewy Price$149.99List Price
- Doody Digger Pooper Scooper, Black$30.00Chewy Price
- Zero Waste USA Round Dog Waste Can, Black$155.98Chewy Price$169.97List Price
- Ubbi Litter Scoop & Hook Dog & Cat Waste Pail$69.99Chewy Price
- Pooch Approved Products GoGo Stik E-Z Clean Pooper Scooper Set$43.95Chewy Price$53.21List Price
- DogBuddy Dog Pooper Scooper, Kiwi, Medium$13.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic||Galvanized Steel, Metal||Plastic||Plastic||N/A|
|Breed Size||—||N/A||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||N/A||N/A|
|Litter Box Type||—||N/A||N/A||N/A||—|
Questions & Answers
30 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
21 Customer Reviews
It's a lid
Call dig safe first. You'll need to dig a deep narrow hole. My hole ended up a bit wider than called for, but the Dooley fit snuggly in. I built a 1/2" diameter PVC pipe frame for the Dooley. I used most of three 10' 1/2" pvc pipes, eight corner pieces, and four T connectors. If I went back I would drill holes in the frame facing into the hole and hook the hose right up to the frame. Water plays a major role in how the system works. A lot depends on the soil you are working with. This product is basically a lid for a hole you dig. I do like that I can open it with my foot. And it is a great solution for the massive amount of poo my dogs create.
Great product, just didn't work for me
I thought this would be better than the model with the metal tank, nothing to rust out over time. When it arrived I realized that unlike the galvanized metal model this one does not have a bottom, it just sits on top of the pit. I made sure that our soil drains before ordering it but found out after installing that the soil drains too well, I would probably need to add water 4 or 5 times a day to keep it wet. I removed this one and replaced it with the metal can style which has been working well so far. I guess I would recommend it if your soil drains slowly enough to only need water once a day or less.
should be more durable
I have this and while the concept is great, the construction should be way more durable. The lid is plastic and with the constant open and close of lid, I' think they' should make it better and stronger hinges. Mine is broken and the screw fell out into the mess.
Kind of weak
I'd go for the metal version. The plastic gets compressed and dirt is getting in, filling up the hole, but it could just be me. Im using it, but I may have to dig a new hole for it.
Disappointed Dooley user
I had owned two Doogie Dooley products prior and found them to be very good products. The #3800 system is complete garbage. Don't waste your money or your time on this. The materials are very low quality (extremely thin gauge plastic and my system arrived with the lid mounted off kilter. See pics. I was skeptical when the box arrived and it was extremely light weight? Now I know why. Because this is super light weight and will not last long. Again, take a look at the pics with this review.
I really like this waste disposal system. It's easy to use and I don't have to put up with a stinking trash can for a week. I certainly would buy it again. If you purchase this product be prepared to dig 2 deep holes. It was a lot of work to install The product description made it sound easy peasy which it wasn't. The digestive tablets are one per dog and you will be adding water to it two to three times a week. If you have more than two big dogs you will need more than one system. My yard no longer stinks since we have installed this product and even though it was a big big pain to install I love this product. It's well worth the time and money to buy this product. I would definitely buy it again if I ever need another one.
MUCH BETTER THAN CONSTANTLY HAVING TO DISPOSE OF BAGS OF ...........
There was no household job I disliked more than dealing with dog poop disposal. This invention has made it the least unpleasant as possible now! I watch my family's dogs quite often and have not had any trouble with the tank getting full at all, no matter how much poop is put in it! There is no odor and i have the tank in a far back corner of my yard, which makes it quite out of the way. I am waiting to hear when it is back in stock so I can purchase one for my daughter, who has a dog and two cats to clean up after. I think it will work for cat poop, too....haha! My son had purchased one, first, and recommended it to me. It is well worth the small price. Some people have constructed these type units on their own, but I just wanted to get something ready to go and easy to install (which it was). Needless to say, I recommend this product very highly. I had purchased the round model, at first, but exchanged it for the square type, since there is not a bottom in this one that can deteriorate over time.
Works for us, but I can see it would be limited
We had a great spot to put this. Away from the house but near a hose, and on a slope so it has excellent drainage. We tried to dig 4 feet deep as required, but we hit our sprinkler or something about 2 feet down. We stopped there and it still works fine. We hired someone to install it- it took a couple hours to dig/install and we had to buy a fence post digger. It was a massive pain and definitely not for all dog owners, but I think it's better than bags of poo sitting in my garage.
More than assembly required
Assembling the four panels can be done with ease because there are inlets on the inside of the panels to mark where the screws go. The top dome piece however does not have this feature. The four panels are supposed to screw into the top "dome" piece but there are no markings or inlets making it extremely difficult, for me impossible, to assemble with a phillips screwdriver. It's a hard plastic that they expect a short screw to go into (see photo attached). In the photo the plastic has a small dot that I made trying to screw the lid to the panels. I called the company and they said yeah you can use a philips but an electric drill would be best. I disagree. Based on my experience, unless you have an electric drill or can borrow or buy one, this item can not be assembled with a screwdriver alone.
So far so good
So far we have had great results with this. Digging the hole is a pain. But definitely makes clean up easy.