How long does it take to fully recharge the batteries, and how long do the batteries last after a charge?
Dogtra YS300 uses Lithium Polymer Batteries, which provide a rapid charge. It takes 2~3 hours to recharge the batteries if the batteries are fully discharged. The LED indicator light stays on red while the battery is being charged, and the light will change into a green color and stay on without blinking when the battery is completely charged. It may vary from the frequency of uses, but the batteries should last for about 2 weeks.
How tight should the No Bark Collar be around my dog’s neck?
- The contact points must have direct contact with your dog’s skin.
- Adjust the contact points so that they are held firmly against the dog’s skin.
- Check the fit to prevent excessive pressure by being able to insert one or two fingers between the contact points and your dog’s skin.
If the collar is too loose, it can move around the dog’s neck or the stimulation will not be consistent, whereas it may be difficult for your dog to breath if the collar is too tight.
- Mark the desired length of the collar with a pen for future usage.
- If after finding the desired length of collar and you have excess collar strap, it is okay to trim off the leftover part with a pair of scissors.
However, be sure to leave extra length, if necessary, to accommodate the future growth of the dog.
My dog seems to be startled at the static correction. Will the stimulation harm my dog?
The Dogtra No Bark Collar is not intended for the punishment but for the reinforcement of behavior modification of dogs. But if your dog is startled when first using the dogtra No Bark Collar, remove the collar until your dog is settled. You may want to turn the collar off, and put the collar back on him for a day or so, until he is comfortable. Attempt the collar again at a lower level when you see that your dog is more accustomed to the collar.