Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Chicken with Vegetables & Herbs Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Chicken and duck provide premium protein sources while glucosamine from green-lipped sea mussels support mobility and joint health
- Quality fiber sources help to maintain healthy gastrointestinal functions
- Antioxidant-rich vegetables support immune system health while probiotics assist in nutrient absorption and digestion
- Doesn’t contain corn, wheat, or soy so it's a great option for pet parents concerned with allergies, obesity, and digestibility
- Made in the USA!
Never Run Out of Food Again!
|Breed Size||Bag Size||Estimated Autoship Schedule|
|Small Breed (10 -25 lbs)||4 lbs||2 - 3 weeks|
|Medium Breed (26 - 55 lbs)||15 lbs||4 - 5 weeks|
|Large Breed (56 - 99 lbs)||30 lbs||5 - 6 weeks|
- Please note this is an estimate. See Feeding Instructions tab for more information.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Field & Stream Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$18.04Chewy Price$18.49List Price$17.14Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Grain-Free Ocean Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Holistic Coldwater Recipe Dry Dog Food, 13-lb bag$33.49Chewy Price$31.82Autoship Price
- Ultimates Sensitive With Salmon Protein Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$49.44Chewy Price$46.97Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Freshwater Recipe Catfish & Whitefish Meals Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
- Dr. Gary's Best Breed Grain-Free Farmer's Recipe Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- Team Dog Salmon Meal & Herring Meal 30/25 Elite Blend Premium Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$79.99Chewy Price$84.99List Price$75.99Autoship Price
- Boss Dog Complete & Balanced High Protein Chicken & Ancient Grain Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- AvoDerm Natural Grain-Free Salmon & Vegetables Formula All Life Stages Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$63.99Chewy Price$60.79Autoship Price
- Team Dog Salmon Meal & Herring Meal 26/20 Essential Blend Premium Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$79.99Chewy Price$84.99List Price$75.99Autoship Price
- CANIDAE All Life Stages Turkey Meal & Rice Formula Large Breed Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$60.87Chewy Price$62.99List Price$57.83Autoship Price
- Whole Earth Farms Healthy Grains Beef & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$12.48Chewy Price$11.86Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley...||Salmon Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley...||Lamb Meal, White Fish Meal, Brown Rice...||Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Pearled Barley...||Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, Gluten Free...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, High-Protein...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Chicken, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Lamb, Salmon, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
20 Customer Reviews
She loves this food!
Our rescue Weimaraner Pitbull mix pup, who was extremely emaciated, has done extremely well on this food. She is now up to a healthy weight and maintaining eating Dr Gary's Best Breed. Her skin, coat and teeth are very healthy. Most notably, her coat is soft and shiny, looks and feels like velvet. Our vet was unfamiliar with the brand and recommended we switch to Science Diet, which we did not do because of bad experiences with SD in the past. We stayed with the recommendation of the rescue we got our sweet pup from, and so glad we did. I would highly recommend this food to anyone looking for an excellent quality food. Our pup loves it and gives Dr. Gary's a 5 paw rating!
Used to be good
Fed this formula to my dog for years. She has food sensitivities, and this was one of few foods she did well on. However, the kibble in the last 2 bags we bought were light brown in color, rather than the typical dark brown, and she instantly throws it up. We thought the 1st bag was a bad batch and tried again with same results. Something has changed in processing. After 9 years, time to switch to a new brand.
My dog will eat this without me having to add anything to it.
Didn't like this substitute
Always bought the Dr Gary's chicken and veg... got the country blend subbed... dogs only eat if starved... had to go out and buy something they would eat...learned not to let chewy substitute food.. you just end up wasting time and money... thanks chewy
NOW we’re good!
While thinking I was such a good doggy momma, I would buy sweet potatoes and chop them into bits for my schnauzers as snacks. Recently my vet informed me than some studies show that POTATOES as well as PEA PROTEIN is found to cause heart related fatal disease in dogs. But all the good dog foods have sweet potatoes in them! I researched a LOT and finally found Dr Gary’s. I read some reviews that said their dogs wouldn’t eat it (I get that; dogs are weird)but honestly...my dogs love it so much. I reduce the amount they are allowed and supplement it with chopped cabbage (which they love, it helps keep their teeth clean, and it has lots of benefits without the calories and fat) my doggies fit and trim. I love the smaller size kibble too. They’ve only been eating it about two weeks but so far I’m beyond impressed with its quality, content and appeal. So glad CHEWY carries it too!
Great Dog Food
My dog has eaten this food since he started eating solid food......his breeder fed it to her dogs. This is the first time buying from Chewy, however, because the retailer that I used is no longer stocking it.
Good Quality Dog Food
This dog food is mostly meat and very filling. Our doggies don't eat very much of it because it fills them up quick and their coats are beautiful.
Only Brand we Trust
We have used the Dr. Gary's Best Breed food for a few years now, ever since it was recommended to us by a trainer. Our first dog had issues with another food and it took us months to figure out that it was his food. Neither of our dogs have issues with this food, and they jump up and down when it's time to eat. Our favorite way to serve is to mix various flavors of Dr. Gary's Best Breed foods in a large container and add a bit of warm water to their food bowls during serving. It's a bit pricey, but we are happy with this food.
Dog food review
I am sure that it is good quality,but it was too rich for my dog
My dog loves it!
I have a Geman Shorthair Pointer. Its always hard to keep weight from September to mid January because of hunting. Haven't had any problems with her and even her coat is looking better and better every day and we only half way through on are first bag!