Dr. Tim's Aquatics One & Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria for Reef Aquariums
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Prevents and eliminates new tank syndrome by instantly working to establish a biofilter in newly set up aquariums.
- Special blend of nitrifying bacteria rapidly conditions aquarium water so there is no wait needed, you can add fish right away!
- Naturally removes toxic ammonia and nitrite toxicity in freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
- No sulfide or other offensive odors so you don’t have worry about overusing.
- Helps cure live rock and has 100% natural living nitrifiers.
- 2-oz bottle treats up to 30 gallons.
- 4-oz bottle treats up to 60 gallons.
- 8-oz bottle treats up to 120 gallons.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Tetra SafeStart Plus Concentrated Freshwater Aquarium Bacteria, 3.38-oz$8.99Chewy Price$10.09List Price$8.54Autoship Price
- API Pond-Zyme Sludge Destroyer Pond Sludge Remover, 16-oz bottle, bundle of 2$56.22Chewy Price$59.18List Price$53.41Autoship Price
- Aqueon PURE Betta Beads Aquarium Water Care, 8.8-oz bag, Pink$7.49Chewy Price$7.12Autoship Price
- Microbe-Lift Oxy Pond Cleaner, 2-lb container$18.50Chewy Price$17.57Autoship Price
- API Pond Essentials Bundle, 3 count$109.99Chewy Price$131.09List Price$104.49Autoship Price
- Acurel E Pond Water Clarifier, 500-mL bottle$26.62Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Microbe-Lift Autumn & Winter Prep Pond Water Treatment, 32-oz bottle$27.96Chewy Price$31.95List Price$26.56Autoship Price
- Dr. Tim's Aquatics Waste-Away Natural Aquarium Cleaner for Reef Aquariums, 16-oz bottle$24.19Chewy Price$26.69List Price$22.98Autoship Price
- Tetra Pond Barley & Peat Extract Clear Water Treatment, 16.9-oz bottle$13.79Chewy Price$16.19List Price$13.10Autoship Price
- Microbe-Lift Pond & Fountain Defoamer Water Treatment, 16-oz bottle$11.41Chewy Price$11.95List Price$10.84Autoship Price
- Aqueon Shrimp Essentials Shrimp & Crayfish Freshwater Aquarium Trace Minerals, 4-oz bottle$4.56Chewy Price$9.99List Price$4.33Autoship Price
- API Pond Simply Clear Pond Water Clarifier, 16-oz bottle$19.86Chewy Price$20.09List Price$18.87Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||100% Live Nitrifying Bacteria||100% Live Nitrifying Bacteria||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Fish Type||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
11 Customer Reviews
Dr Tim"s One and Only
The product works great, which is why I ordered it. Chewy sent me expired product. I emailed them about it and to their credit they promptly mailed me a replacement. However, the replacement bottle was also expired in OCT 2020 so I've given up on getting this product from Chewy
This product cycled my new 29 gallon saltwater tank in 3 days the nitrites and ammonia were 0.
There are many great reviews of this product. Unfortunately, that hasn't been my experience. After 7 days, no drop in ammonia from 2ppm starting level, no nitrite, no nitrates. It is summer and temperature in the 90's and shipped without any temperature control. I can only assume that it was stored and or shipped in too high of a temperature and the bacterial were killed. I will be purchasing another product.
Works when you get a good bottle.
So it was in sale so I bought 3 bottles just in case. I'm glad I did because I used one bottle and didn't see any change in 3 days so I added a 1/4 from a new bottle and the very next morning a slight change. So I added another quarter of the bottle and again a little more change. So I added the rest. I'm now day 6 and feel it should be be cycled in a couple days. Long story short... Buy a backup in case.
Works? not sure.
Not sure if it worked. Tank is still not cycled. Ammonia level is high.
This is liquid gold
Dr. Tim's actually works. It turbo charged my tank's cycle. I used it in conjunction with his ammonia product to fish less cycle the tank. The cycle's establishment completed in three weeks. It was very nice to have clear instructions on how to do this. His website is very informative if you want to follow a process.
First time using
I used this product for the first time. I had put Reef Rock manmade live rock in a nano tank. The ammonia and nitrite levels were high. I added Dr Tim's bacteria and the levels went to zero in about 5 days.
Before you buy this, see the vid!
I used this on my new system. I had never done a fishless cycle and I thought it was high time. But BEWARE! What the add and the instructions do not tell you is that you need ammonium chloride to feed those bacteria. So this is NOT a one-and-done. If you don't buy the am-chlo, you'll end up in my situation, feeding an empty tank for almost a month to get the cycle going. All-in-all, I like this product, but I would not buy it again without the am-chlo and I think that should be mentioned in the description.
Great product to use for cycling your reef tank great results
Dr Tim’s one and only
Definitely helped jumpstart my saltwater tank. Got the needed bacteria cycle moving right along