EcoBio-Block EcoBio-Stone with Beneficial Aquarium Bacteria
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Helps reduce aquarium maintenance by keeping aquarium water crystal clear and odor free.
- Unique, mineral-rich porous stones contain natural bacteria spores that help break waste down into safer nitrates and accelerate the nitrogen cycle.
- Volcanic rock also leeches calcium and trace minerals into the water to create a healthy environment for fish.
- Works equally well in both fresh and salt water environments; also recommended for reptile and amphibian habitats.
- Small stone treats 8 to 16 gallons and medium stone treats 15 to 40 gallons; can use multiples as needed to accommodate your tank size.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Tetra AquaSafe Aquarium Water Conditioner, 1.69-oz bottle$2.48Chewy Price$2.99List Price$2.36Autoship Price
- API Pond Stress Coat Water Conditioner, 32-oz bottle$23.79Chewy Price$33.39List Price$22.60Autoship Price
- Fluval Quick Clear Cloudy Water Treatment, 4-oz bottle$4.28Chewy Price$5.99List Price$4.07Autoship Price
- API Pond Algaefix Algae Control Solution, 16-oz bottle$14.29Chewy Price$20.09List Price$13.58Autoship Price
- dealMicrobe-Lift PL Pond & Lagoon Bacteria Water Treatment, 32-oz bottle$25.19Chewy Price$27.95List Price$23.93Autoship Price
- Tetra AquaSafe Plus Freshwater & Marine Aquarium Water Conditioner & Dechlorinator, 3.38-oz$4.59Chewy Price$5.09List Price$4.36Autoship Price
- API Stress Coat Aquarium Water Conditioner, 8-oz bottle$7.99Chewy Price$11.19List Price$7.59Autoship Price
- API Betta Aquarium Water Care, 31-oz bottle, 4 count$26.96Chewy Price$29.96List Price$25.61Autoship Price
- Dr. Tim's Aquatics Waste-Away Natural Aquarium Cleaner for Freshwater Aquariums, 16-oz bottle$20.27Chewy Price$26.99List Price$19.26Autoship Price
- API Ammonia Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Test Kit, 130 count$14.29Chewy Price$20.09List Price$13.58Autoship Price
- dealMicrobe-Lift Spring & Summer Pond Water Cleaner, 1-lb box$27.16Chewy Price$28.95List Price$25.80Autoship Price
- API Saltwater Aquarium Master Test Kit, 550 count$19.92Chewy Price$47.39List Price$18.92Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish, Betta...||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Marine Invertebrate, Marine Fish||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Saltwater||Saltwater||Saltwater||Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
18 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
24 Customer Reviews
Crystal clear choice
I have one for a 10 gallon aquarium. I do weekly water changes so having a source of good bacteria like this block is essential. The water stays clear too. My tank seems better after adding this product and zeolite to my filter too. I have 8 fish in my 10 gallon.
Amazing!! Got rid of ammonia.
I’ve had an ammonia problem for 2 months in my tank. No matter what I did it never got below .25 ppm. I tried water changes and several types of ammonia neutralizers. I’ve added so many different brands of bacteria. It helped but never got it to 0. My ammonia was 0 less than 24 hours since adding this block. I measured before I added this block and I didn’t add anything else. I also added driftwood to my tank a few days ago that was clouding up the water and this helped clear the water up a lot in not even 24 hours. I know it can take weeks for full effects and I can’t wait for it to be at its full potential. The only downside is that it is kind of big and ugly, but I’m gonna hide it behind some driftwood so it won’t be an issue.
They really work
I was having issues with cloudy water and constant algae blooms in my 55 gallon tank. I bought two of these based on reviews, but wasn't really expecting much. Even though I was desperate to give them a try and wanted to just put them in the tank right away, I followed the instructions and soaked them overnight first. I'm not a very patient person, so after a couple of days without seeing much improvement, I was ready to write them off. However, the instructions do say it can take a couple of weeks, so I waited. The results have been amazing! I have attached before and after pictures.
Didn't work for me
I've kept freshwater and marine fish for over 40 years and currently maintain six large tanks. I have one tank that recently started having issues with cloudy water. Water parameters were within normal limits, no new fish or plants, excellent filtration, not overcrowded and I do regular water changes. I was and remain mystified as to why this aquarium has suddenly developed this issue. So I decided to try this EcoBio-Block. It hasn't helped at all. If anything the water is more cloudy. Fortunately this EcoBio-Block hasn't caused any ill effects with my fish or inverts, and I am glad it worked for some, but I cannot in good faith recommend this. I think it's a gimmick--an expensive gimmick. It also looks like a block of raw hamburger. Not the look I was going for in my show tank so out it comes and into the trash.
It's a game changer
First off clean your tanks routinely. This isn't a magic fix. Though it replaced a few chemicals I'd used to balance things out in my tank's. No more playing with a variety of chemicals to keep things balanced. Within a few days there was a significant difference. Just a FYI I have multiple freshwater tanks with gold fish, blood red parrots, dojo loches, kuli loach, mollies, tetras, betas, plecos, cat fish, rams, dwarf frogs, guppies, birchir, variety of snails, and fresh water goby. This product was so impressive to keep things balanced in my 50 gallon I bought one for all my tanks from the couple of 10 gallons an all the big ones.
So happy with this purchase!
I’ve been fighting cloudy water for a year and nothing has helped. We change the filters OFTEN, I upgraded the filter pump, and we’ve used a clarifier as often as recommended. Nothing worked. I wasn’t sure this would work either after the water stayed cloudy for weeks. It took almost a month but it’s crystal clear!!! I 100% recommend this product.
Does not work
This rock made my tank very cloudy. Had to take it out. Waste of money
They really work!
I bring my large koi & goldfish indoors for the winter and even with water changes, filters, live plants, etc. the water & fish are healthier with these stones.
this works great!
I bought this product with hesitation, but I’m so glad I did. I put the medium in my 20 gallon tank, and within two weeks my water is crystal clear. I could not be happier.
Love it with in two days my tank was clear. It came within four days and the price was good. I will buy this item again and soon for my fifteen gal fish tank. I will tell others about EcoBio-Block because it works. Once again thank you.