Ecovet Fly Repellent Horse Spray
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Effectively repels flies, biting midges, mosquitoes, ticks, no-see-ums, and even lice and cockroaches, with naturally derived fatty acids and silicone oil.
- Forms a repelling barrier that prevents pests from landing on your equine pal with just one application every two to three days.
- Non-sensitizing, EPA-approved formula contains no harmful chemicals, toxins, or pesticides so it’s safe for horses, humans, and honeybees.
- Easy-to-hold application system for easy, no-mess, spray-on protection that also smells great with sage and lavender.
- Made by a veterinarian-owned company so it’s tested and endorsed by experts.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Farnam Repel-X Emulsifiable Horse Fly Spray, 32-oz bottle$49.99Chewy Price$51.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Farnam SimpliFly Feed-Thru Fly Control Pellets Horse Supplement, 3.75-lb bucket$34.99Chewy Price$38.99List Price$33.24Autoship Price
- Farnam SandClear Natural Psyllium Fiber Crumbles Apple/Molasses Flavor Horse Supplement, 10-lb bucket$75.99Chewy Price$82.99List Price$72.19Autoship Price
- Farnam Tri-Tec 14 Fly Repellent for Horses, 32-oz spray bottle$29.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Farnam Horseshoer's Secret Hoof Health Hay Flavor Pellets Horse Supplement, 11-lb bucket$45.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price$43.69Autoship Price
- Farnam Bronco e Citronella Scented Dog & Horse Fly Spray, 1-gal bottle$25.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price$24.69Autoship Price
- Farnam Equi Aid Natural Psyllium Fiber Pellets Apple/Molasses Flavor Horse Supplement, 10-lb bucket$58.99Chewy Price$91.19List Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Absorbine Bute-Less Comfort & Recovery Cherry Flavor Pellets Horse Supplement, 10-lb tub$78.99Chewy Price$115.69List Price$75.04Autoship Price
- Farnam Endure Sweat-Resistant Fly Repellent Horse Spray, 15-oz bottle$16.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Starbar EZ Trap Fly Trap, 2 count$11.49Chewy Price$14.95List Price
- Cox Vet Lab Acti-Flex Powder Horse Supplement, 5-lb bucket$60.00Chewy Price$85.98List Price$57.00Autoship Price
- UltraCruz Selenium Nerve, Muscle & Joint Support Pellets Horse Supplement, 10-lb bag$15.26Chewy Price$14.50Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Octanoic Acid: 5.0% , Nonanoic Acid: 5.0% , Decanoic Acid: 5.0% ...||Active Ingredients: Thyme Oil 0.01%, Cedar Oil 0.05%, Lemongrass Oil 0.05%...||Lemongrass Oil Cedar Oil Peppermint Oil Geranium Oil Water Soap Citric Acid Sodium Benzoate Potassium Sorbate...||Cypermethrin, Pyrethrins, Piperonyl Butoxide Technical...||Cypermethrin, Pyrethrins, Piperonyl Butoxide...|
|Health Feature||Pest Control||Pest Control||Pest Control||Skin & Coat Health||Pest Control|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
78 Customer Reviews
Not your average fly spray!
This is NOT your average a pesticide based fly spray. This is nature based fly repellent. The ingredients in this product are probably some you have never read before on a bottle of fly spray. Instead of using pesticides, this product uses naturally occurring fatty acids made by animals and humans that messes with flies chemical cues to locate us. To flies it makes your horse appear to have an invisibility cloak. This stuff is extremely effective and lasts way longer than a traditional water/pesticide based fly spray and it even beats out oil/pesticide based fly sprays. Now that being said overall - 5 stars. In the pleasant smelling category more like a 1.5 stars. Once you get used to it it’s not so bad; but get a good blast of this in your face and you’re gona be hacking for a minute. It’s not that it smells “bad” (like garbage or sewage) but it’s good at taking your breath away and blocking out you sense of smell for a bit. Once you try it you’ll understand the sensation and you can understand why it’s so good and messing with flies chemical cues! I recommend this for its duration of effectiveness, overall effectiveness and the fact that it’s not a pesticide. A great addition to a more natural horse care routine.
Smells horrible, works great
Despite the truly repulsive smell, this is the only product that kept the flies off my horse's summer sore so it could heal. This is an indispensable item to combat flies.
I have used multiple fly sprays every summer, we have really bad gnats this time of year and nothing I have tried repels those annoying bugs. I saw this fly spray and the reviews were great so I bought one and it works better than any product I have used before.
False marketing claims
They claim the product does not contain pesticides, but it IS AN EPA REGISTERED PESTICIDE.
This is NOT a product I would recommend or EVER use again. My horse and myself had a HORRIBLE reaction to the smell even though we used it as directed and outside. Need to return my 2 bottles.
fly spray forr horses
this is fabulous for no-seeuns and biting flies and lasts at least two days on the horse
Works the best
I moved from AZ to IL this year and encountered flies like never before, including the large black biting flies referred to as "B-52's". I've used ecovet before and had good results but would switch back and forth between this and a natural spray. However the B-52's are vicious and relentless and nothing worked against them except ecovet. When I want to clear the barn of flies, I spritz in front of the aisle fan and the flies disappear. I wish Ecovet would make a barn spritzer! Long story, I'm not crazy about the ingredients in this, but my horses have to come first. I use fly sheets, but here they just get too hot to keep them on all day, sweating profusely. So I have to rely on spray more than I'd like. This works--not as well as they claim. I have to reapply daily, and in the evening, when B-52s are particularly bad, I spritz again. Still it's better than constantly applying pesticides. But, you do have to follow directions. Start with a CLEAN horse. I bathe my horses every 1-2 weeks to start fresh again, depending how much rolling etc they've done. If you put this on over other products, it's effectiveness is diminished. Same thing if you use other products in addition. It takes a little extra effort, but it's worth it.
Hands down best fly spray
I have tried just about every fly spray known to man this is the only one that gets rid of all different flies including gnats. The smell is very pungent and chemical like but it is the only thing that will keep the gnats and flies off your horse. Hands down recommend a thousand percent I will not buy any other brand. I've been using this for 3+ years now
Effective new bugspray
My mare is very sensitive to bugs, tried this new product and have been very happy so far, has a strong soapy smell but seem more effective. Expensive but if it works it's worth it! I like that its safe for people and animals and alternative to toxic pesticides.
Works well but it makes me cough and my horse hates it. She actually tries to get away from me when she sees the bottle. But it works very well.