Farnam Vetrolin White N' Brite Horse Shampoo, 32-oz bottle
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
About This Item
- Deep-cleaning, color brightening shampoo designed to reflect light off the hair and accentuate the coat's radiance.
- Coconut oil derivatives works to increase absorption of brightening agents for a lustrous, soft shine.
- Brightens light-colored coats and enhances highlights on dark-colored coats.
- Acts as a spot remover to tackle even the toughest yellow stains such as manure or mud.
- Works on horses and dogs, so it’s perfect for multiple pet households.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oster Equine Care 7-Piece Grooming Kit for Horses, Blue$63.99Chewy Price$92.49List Price
- Decker Manufacturing Company Double Blade Shedder Horse Scraper$9.39Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Exhibitor's Quic Silver Pet Shampoo, 64-oz bottle$32.99Chewy Price$31.34Autoship Price
- DealFarnam Slick 'N Easy Horse Grooming Block$5.50Chewy Price$5.84List Price
- Decker Manufacturing Company Spiral Galvanized Steel Spring Curry Horse Comb, Color Varies, Regular$6.99Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- EQyss Grooming Products Premier Marigold Scent Horse Spray, 32-oz bottle$22.99Chewy Price$21.54Autoship Price
- DealAbsorbine Santa Fe Coat Conditioner & Sunscreen Horse Spray, 32-oz bottle$13.99Chewy Price$19.39List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- DealFarnam Aloedine Aloe Vera & Iodine Medicated Dog & Horse Shampoo, 16-oz bottle$11.97Chewy Price$25.19List Price
- EZWash Wand Horse Grooming Pressure Washer, Blue$52.89Chewy Price
- Happy Horse Thick Rubber Horse Sweat Scraper, Color Varies$3.79Chewy Price
- DealWahl Equine Sweat Scraper, Black$6.99Chewy Price
- Pyranha Rub & Scrub Grooming Horse Glove, Large$31.99Chewy Price$33.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||—||Sodium laureth sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Water...||Camelina, Lemongrass, Tea Tree, Spearmint.||—||Water/Aqua/Eau, Cocamidopropyl Betaine. PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate...|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
19 Customer Reviews
White IS Brght!!
This shampoo is for any animal with white. I use it on my palomino with a white mane and tail. Over winter the white turns gray or cream colored. One thick application and a scrub mitt brings out the beautiful white. Plus this product is not expensive!!!
I use this on my horses and it really does the trick. The white is so bright that it almost blinds you. I am especially amazed that it does such a great job on the horses legs and it is great on the dogs as well.
Fantastic coat brightener and stain remover!
As noted in the description, this shampoo works on dogs as well as horses, particularly if your critter has white markings and you want those to look extra bright in contrast with the other coat colors. I've used this with all 4 main color varieties of Australian Shepherds (Black tri, Blue merle, Red tri, and Red merle), and gotten Show-ready results for years. For the best results, completely soak the dog first, then use the undiluted shampoo sparingly over different body zones, starting with the white areas first. (Example procedure - neck, chest, tummy, all 4 paws, and head - all with extensive white. Then, shoulders, down both front legs, back and sides, then back legs and "Aussie bloomers".). Thoroughly suds up the dog with product and a bit more water if needed -remember, this stuff is very concentrated and formulated for washing horses! If you've used the correct amount of shampoo, the suds will have almost no hint of blue-purple. By the time you've applied and sudsed the whole dog (starting with the white parts), it's probably about 12-15 minutes and time to thoroughly rinse your pup til everything rinses totally free of suds or color. This formula works very well at removing grass and pee stains, and even better at getting Georgia red clay out of white Australian Shepherd feet! As some others have noted in their reviews, this shampoo can dry out a dog's coat, particularly if it is long, super soft, or fluffy (use a conditioner after rinsing the shampoo, to restore moisture and prevent tangles). Coats might retain a hint of blue-purple color if the coat itself is sun bleached, damaged, or fragile and in poor condition - or, if shampoo isn't thoroughly rinsed out. There's no bleach in this formulation; the blue-purple works by blocking orange or yellow hues, the same way it works in people shampoo for blonde or silver hair. Because this is formulated for bathing horses and it's a 32 oz. bottle, you can certainly bathe your dirty pup many, many times before emptying the bottle, so it's an excellent value.
WORKS AMAZINGLING WELL!
I used this on a black and white pinto pony and was eager to see the results. (I a bit of an obsessive groomer:) I used it straight and he turned out blindingly white and his black was shiny and dark. I leg it sit on his legs for a few minutes before rinsing and they looked so white! Love it!
Devious Delilah’s Backyard Shenanigans
Where ever there is dirt, staining agents, or trouble- Delilah is there. It’s hard to keep her coat white a looking good. This shampoo worked fabulously to brighten her white. I found diluting as stated worked well. I wore gloves. She didn’t stain and neither did my hands.
Great for grey horses who love red clay
Works very nicely on my gelding who loves to wallow in red clay.
Dried out my dogs hair and caused horrible mats
I bought this because the reviews looked great and I have a white Yorkie that needed a brightner for her coat. I saw it is for dogs and horses and that it gets out tough stains so I was excited to try it. I brush my Yorkies coat daily to keep the mats out. After I washed her with this shampoo her hair was dried out and FULL of mats! I had to comb her wet matted hair out using a bunch of leave in conditioner to try to moisten it. It was a mess. It also didn’t make a difference in the color. Maybe it works better for horses but definitely don’t recommend for long coat white dogs!!!
Love it! Great for Bernedoodles!!
Love ordering from Chewy! Great products and customer service!!!
My doggie was looking dingy this worked !
I have a all white Maltese, after sorting through 100s of product reviews I decided to give this a try I normally use Chris Christianson white on white and I LOVE it but the bottles are smaller so thought I’d give this a try , First I think it dried out her fur although she hasn’t itched she feels dry , I used it on all but her face and I was shocked her paws and sanitary area fur is usually a red color and it took most of that away first wash , I only left it in 3 min because it was new and she is known to have skin irritations, but pleased with results! The Farnam bottle is huge compared to other whitening products and I will definitely be purchasing again picture included even tho she’s pooped from her bath
Excellent Shampoo - Not Just for Horses!
I have used this shampoo on my dogs for many years. It's great for brightening a dingy white coat and truly amazing on a black coat - in sunshine, it almost looks like you've sprinkled very fine glitter on your dog! And you can never go wrong buying from Chewy - always the best price!